Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it looks like the switch happened in Farmington after all, according to the unnamed employee. I can’t see how it helped him much to switch trucks, when he drove his own to dump the bloody evidence and doctored license plates.
I think the car swap may well have been simply to avoid being spotted by JD or anyone who knew her -- at the school or at or near her home.

JD wrote a blog and I recall reading that FD would take them out himself, sometimes with friends or relatives, to a nearby pond (Avon pond that LE recently searched). This is when the kids were quite young (the oldest twins were 7). According to her court documents, he would force them to water ski all day against their will, possibly the number of hours had escalated in recent years as the kids got older. I'm assuming they just rented or had access to a boat through the water skiing club.
Thank you. I tried to call up JD's blog (on Patch, nw deleted) by using Wayback Time Machine but I couldn't make it work.
I feel for her, the kids, and her mom. Yes, MT looks about 20 years older than her age, but she isn't a clueless bimbo. She's had some achievements. Why did she throw it all away for Fotis?

And for Fortis, I understand his financial stress. But you don't kill anyone. You do what you can do for your family. If that means bankruptcy, downscaling, walking away. So be it. Don't kill their mother at the hands of their father. Nothing is worth that.

Bless the nanny and FD's mother (and courts) who acted fast to protect the children.

imo

Rational men who realize they've made large financial mistakes get professional financial counseling and sell at a loss, declare bankruptcy, whatever is legal to get themselves out of this situation, and do it all LEGALLY, learning a huge lesson.

FD however, is a fortune hunter, who schemed and hunted JD for her family's money and began to use it to his own benefit. He displays very strong narcisstic, and sociopathic traits, so he can't be put in the class of the financially beleagured men you describe.

There is no excuse for any of this bloodshed and familicide you describe.
Yes. I agree.

Rational men who realize they've made large financial mistakes get professional financial counseling and sell at a loss, declare bankruptcy, whatever is legal to get themselves out of this situation, and do it all LEGALLY, learning a huge lesson.

FD however, is a fortune hunter, who schemed and hunted JD for her family's money and began to use it to his own benefit. He displays very strong narcisstic, and sociopathic traits, so he can't be put in the class of the financially beleagured men you describe.

There is no excuse for any of this bloodshed and familicide you describe.
A friend's niece's daughter lost her best friend due to a father
who killed his wife, their 2 kids and then himself because according to him, he didn't want them to suffer the shame of losing of everything.

Are all of these killers narcissists, psychopaths or sociopaths (now called anti-social)? I'm not so sure. And that's why I think new studies need to focus on extreme financial stress.

There have been many studies about narcissists, psychopaths, and anti-social who kill (especially if their wife/GF is pregnant or threatens to divorce and keep the man from his kids) but new studies need to include the factor of FINANCIAL STRESS. You cannot underplay
the pressure of financial stress.

As one of our WS posters who lives in CT explained, things are really bad in CT. There are huge McMansions that cost a fortune to
keep afloat due to having very high property taxes. The state taxes Social Security. The state of CT, itself, is close to being bankrupt.

Imagine being Fotis with all of those albatross properties. He was going down. What happens in a man's mind that he comes to think that murder is an OK option?

In NY we are seeing suicides, murder/suicides and men slaughtering their families and then killing themselves due to financial stress
and the loss of their extravagant homes and lifestyles.

imo

It's the dark side of the American Dream. Once the façade is gone, everyone can see the ruins behind it. The narcissist's worse fear is being ridiculed by others, especially those deemed inferior which is most everyone.

Last edited:
I do believe it was stated in msm that a source within the investigation indicated LE was interested in the employees vehicle. I don’t believe that source gave any exact information about the vehicle in question. I believe the color make and model came from a overhearing employee while LE was interviewing the owner of the car wash.

We have no way of knowing for certain if this is an accurate description of the employees vehicle.

But I think it’s probably pretty likely that it is and that FD most likely drove it to JD’s home that day

ETA which seems very plausible to me as it seems LE was very concerned about that particular vehicles whereabouts and was apparently trying to find out where all it traveled to that day.

Jmo
I wonder if perhaps FD drove the red truck to the park where JD's car was found (or somewhere nearby), walked to her house to attack her, then drove JD's car to the park and collected the employee's red truck to head back to Farmington. I do wonder also though if FD would risk moving her body between 2 vehicles- but her car got to the park somehow. JMO

who killed his wife, their 2 kids and then himself because according to him, he didn't want them to suffer the shame of losing of everything.

Are all of these killers narcissists, psychopaths or sociopaths (now called anti-social)? I'm not so sure. And that's why I think new studies need to focus on extreme financial stress.
Financial stress can certainly be a trigger for something like murder suicide.

It’s different here though, because there was no suicide.

This wasn’t a guy who felt he was a failure, and through some twisted logic, decided to end things for himself and those he loved.

The psychology is different here, in that there was nothing (in his mind) altruistic in his motive.

This was likely about anger, control, and money.

It was selfish and evil.

Edited to change “movie” to “motive.”

Last edited:
I wonder if perhaps FD drove the red truck to the park where JD's car was found (or somewhere nearby), walked to her house to attack her, then drove JD's car to the park and collected the employee's red truck to head back to Farmington. I do wonder also though if FD would risk moving her body between 2 vehicles- but her car got to the park somehow. JMO
Something like that is certainly plausible.

The problem that he’s going to face, is that red is pretty conspicuous.

There is absolutely going to be surveillance video of this vehicle.

Investigators have said that Fotis's* DNA was found on the faucet at JD's house.

I thought that Fotis was NOT to know where JD and the kids were living. This is a bombshell, right?

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Financial stress can certainly be a trigger for something like murder suicide.

It’s different here though, because there was no suicide.

This wasn’t a guy who felt he was a failure, and through some twisted logic, decided to end things for himself and those he loved.

The psychology is different here, in that there was nothing (in his mind) altruistic in his movie.

This was likely about anger, control, and money.

It was selfish and evil.
I can't argue with what you have said. I am just trying to understand it.
How can we stop these killers?

I think that JD was trying to do everything right and yet, she was murdered. Her kids lost their mom and know their dad killed their mom. Maternal Grandma lost her husband and her daughter and is now is trying to give her grandkids a sense of normalcy when she should be enjoying retirement. How screwed up is that?!

Investigators have said that Fotis's* DNA was found on the faucet at JD's house.

I thought that Fotis was NOT to know where JD and the kids were living. This is a bombshell right?

<modsnip: off topic>
He knew, and he had been to the property just a couple days before.

Apparently there was some sort of a gathering taking place, and he never entered the house at that time.

So his DNA really has no business being where it was found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I tried to call up JD's blog (on Patch, nw deleted) by using Wayback Time Machine but I couldn't make it work.
I feel for her, the kids, and her mom. Yes, MT looks about 20 years older than her age, but she isn't a clueless bimbo. She's had some achievements. Why did she throw it all away for Fotis?

And for Fortis, I understand his financial stress. But you don't kill anyone. You do what you can do for your family. If that means bankruptcy, downscaling, walking away. So be it. Don't kill their mother at the hands of their father. Nothing is worth that.

Bless the nanny and FD's mother (and courts) who acted fast to protect the children.

imo

The blogs on Patch are still there. Just find her profile on the site and select "Articles" from the drop down menu. Some of her personal blog posts are also archived on an RSS site. Google "fivemakesseven RSS" and you'll find them. Just be warned, several cringe moments reading through these (references to her husband, a joke about being in a body bag). Though, she comes off sounding like a wonderful and extremely caring mother. What a huge loss for those children.

I found the posts of @NJ Lawyer interesting about how Fotis could
forward the call from Greece at will. He could have been anywhere.

But my question is, if Fotis knew how to do that, why on earth did he
make 30 stops dumping bloody trash in someone else's garbage bins?

It is rich area. Everyone has CCTV. Plus, people get really upset when someone adds even a small amount of trash to someone's else's bins.

Yes. I agree.

Basically FD is a criminal who was about to be exposed for fraud and likely subject to civil and criminal penalties.

He started as a criminal and his solution to being exposed for his crime was not to admit his guilt and fulfill the penalties as determined by law, but to commit and even worse crime to save himself.

I don't see financial stress as you are discussing to be the issue here.

The issue is that he has no honor, he is just an evil man who lives criminal ways for his goals.

JD had two NYC appointments that day, at 11am and 1pm. IMO the housekeeper didn't show up unannounced at noon, so she must have had access to the house.
Ok. So it was the housekeeper and not the nanny. I still think that a housekeeper wouldn't go into the garage unless the washing machine and dryer were in the garage.

The difference is that a nurse who is used to cleaning up human blood cleaned up Kelsey's condo. Whoever cleaned up (or tried to clean up) JD's garage didn't do such a great job. And then there's dumping the bloody cleanup supplies in 30 stops. Dumb move.
Actually, Nurse Ratchett said she deliberately left some evidence in Kelsey's condo for them to find- you know, just in case she got caught. So clevva of her!

Back to FD: Had he filed bankruptcy, his family would have still been rich from the trust fund.

I imagine if he had made an attempt at being a devoted husband and father he could have continued the good life with Jennifer and their children.

Certainly, he was able-bodied and could have worked at some other job and redeemed himself. MOO

It's the dark side of the American Dream. Once the façade is gone, everyone can see the ruins behind it. The narcissist's worse fear is being ridiculed by others, especially those deemed inferior which is most everyone.
But that's the thing --- we are all screwed, no matter who we are are or what we've done. We are all broke. So what makes someone think the solution is murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288