Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My math is bad...6 gallons times 30mpg is 180 miles. Oops, rounded up to 200.
what else could 6 gallons of petrol be used for? apart from running a car?
Could it be combined with either preservative or something like lye that would expedite decomposition in a barrel and still fit a person in, add a match if intention is destruction.. Add further chemicals if the intention is preservation?

My greatest hope is that YY's remains are found and her loving family can take her back home. It may not be this year but I hope that it happens eventually (remember the car that was accidentially driven into the strip mine lake at Kickapoo SP that took 10 years for LE to find).

I'm just throwing out ideas. Yes, it seems he was lazy, depressed, and lacked motivation to go to great effort or distance to put YY's body "where it would never be found". But BC was no criminal mastermind, as evidence has shown, and he was no Ted Bundy.

I wish I could help search for her but I now live 1000 miles away and go back just to visit my parents.

As the recent Woodland Park, CO murder has shown there are many ways to get rid of a body.

So just trying to think outside the box when I wonder what happened to the half tank of gas that was used that weekend that "shocked" Michelle since BC rarely left the apartment and didn't travel far outside town as she told investigators early on in the investigation.

From 12/18/2018 Champaign News- Gazette article:
"Before Michelle Christensen left for the weekend, she had filled up their black Saturn Astra with a full tank of gas, agent Katherine Tenaglia said at a pretrial hearing at the federal courthouse in Urbana.

So Michelle Christensen was "shocked" when she returned to find a half-tank had already been used, given that her husband usually doesn't leave the apartment or travel that far outside of Champaign, Tenaglia said while recalling a conversation with Michelle Christensen."

So I was kind of wondering, like Michelle wondered, why did he use so much gas over the weekend when that was shockingly out of character for him??

My understanding is she made these statements early in the investigation long before she decided to testify for the defense.

BC, do the right thing, man up, and give YY's family what they desperately want and deserve before you are murdered in prison or put to death.

The Woodland Park, CO murder (Nov. 2018) I was referring to is linked below. Note: details are graphic.

Patrick Frazee pleads not guilty in killing of Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth

Coincidentally, a bat was supposedly used as the murder weapon. And gasoline was used to destroy the remains. So siphoning gas to use to burn a body is a possible theory kittythehare. I had not thought of that in this case.

Aaron Eades has typed up his notes from the first three days of the trial, and has included a few more exhibit pics that may not have been seen yet. Apart from the court transcript from Day 1, this is the best write up summarizing what was said and in what order each day of the trial...

I learned a few new things reading it.

Reporter’s Notebook: Complete notes from the Christensen trial

Edit: Ooops. I see Kitty already did. Oh well. Now there are two...... :)

The Woodland Park, CO murder (Nov. 2018) I was referring to is linked below. Note: details are graphic.

Patrick Frazee pleads not guilty in killing of Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth

Coincidentally, a bat was supposedly used as the murder weapon. And gasoline was used to destroy the remains. So siphoning gas to use to burn a body is a possible theory kittythehare. I had not thought of that in this case.
We did an awful lot of searching and theorizing over the 2 years, reams and reams of stuff... I'm trying to visualise 6 gallons of petrol in a barrel and the size of barrel it would be to fit a small headless body, if indeed he did actually decapitate her...
She would have bled out very quickly had he severed a carotid artery, but the blood would have spurted everywhere if he did it while she was still alive and the residue of that blood should have been in the bathroom if the sequence he reportedly describes on the march tape is accurate.
It looks as though he planned a knife crime.
But in a carpeted bedroom?
How did he imagine he could ever possibly clean all the evidence away?
Why did he not do the knifing in the bathroom?
Did he just fly into a rage?

He told the FBi she had an appointment with a professor.
She actually did.
For that evening, after the flat-let meeting.

This suggests he may have tried to chat her up, invite her on a date and she rejected him?
Why would she have told him that and at what stage of the day did she tell him that?
The transcript states he looked at his texts to check his location on that day. He noticed tB had texted him at 1pm and he did not reply until 4pm, suggesting he had been asleep.
If that's accurate, he certainly came up for air at 4pm... Not sure whether the FBi are going to present evidence of a geolocation of that text or not.

Aaron Eades has typed up his notes from the first three days of the trial, and has included a few more exhibit pics that may not have been seen yet. Apart from the court transcript from Day 1, this is the best write up summarizing what was said and in what order each day of the trial...

I learned a few new things reading it.

Reporter’s Notebook: Complete notes from the Christensen trial

Edit: Ooops. I see Kitty already did. Oh well. Now there are two...... :)
I didn't get the context of the written work @DM, I just found his verbal tape of the notes.. Is there more detail in the written notes cos cannot access them in Europe?
edit, please paste a few nuggets we do not have.

So, he says he's killed before, another 12. That's BS. However I don't YY was his first, just a gut feeling, but certainly not 12.

I do think this was his first. IF he had 12 before this, why would he go to the counseling center and bring up that he was thinking of hurting someone? I could see him going for the alcohol issue and drugs.... but he has ostensibly killed 12 times before. Why would he now, after killing 12, all of the sudden worry about maybe killing someone? Why would this "expert at avoiding detection" blow his cover to someone? Yes, HIPPA (not sure if that is the right acronym) would make him think that he was safe telling a counselor/therapist who wouldn't be allowed to disclose information to someone -but it IS taking a risk. The first murder you do in town, what if that counselor gets worried and makes an anonymous tip to LE? An "expert at avoiding detection" who has been at it since the age of 19 should know that patient-physician/counselor privilege would not be an absolute shield from him being uncovered.

No. He was a rookie, F-d up in the head, cruel *advertiser censored* who decided to go for it -and needed Liquid Courage in the form of a damn bottle of cheap rum to power through inhibitions and a sense of self-preservation to do what he had already decided he wanted to do months before -and poor Yingying was the unfortunate, sweet, innocent soul who was in the wrong place at the wrong time when this rum-infused monster happened to stumble upon her.

This was his first; but, if he had been successful in getting away with it, I'm sure it wasn't going to be his last......

I didn't get the context of the written work @DM, I just found his verbal tape of the notes.. Is there more detail in the written notes cos cannot access them in Europe?

Oh, it was just a verbal tape you listened to? Ok, I'll copy and paste when I get home. I am leaving the office now.....

We did an awful lot of searching and theorizing over the 2 years, reams and reams of stuff... I'm trying to visualise 6 gallons of petrol in a barrel and the size of barrel it would be to fit a small headless body, if indeed he did actually decapitate her...
She would have bled out very quickly had he severed a carotid artery, but the blood would have spurted everywhere if he did it while she was still alive and the residue of that blood should have been in the bathroom if the sequence he reportedly describes on the march tape is accurate.
It looks as though he planned a knife crime.
But in a carpeted bedroom?
How did he imagine he could ever possibly clean all the evidence away?
Why did he not do the knifing in the bathroom?
Did he just fly into a rage?

He told the FBi she had an appointment with a professor.
She actually did.
For that evening, after the flat-let meeting.

This suggests he may have tried to chat her up, invite her on a date and she rejected him?
Why would she have told him that and at what stage of the day did she tell him that?
The transcript states he looked at his texts to check his location on that day. He noticed tB had texted him at 1pm and he did not reply until 4pm, suggesting he had been asleep.
If that's accurate, he certainly came up for air at 4pm... Not sure whether the FBi are going to present evidence of a geolocation of that text or not.

I hate to even bring this idea up but to answer your question about 6 gallons of gas and a barrel...

Gasoline can be mixed with styrene or a more commercially available product, polystyrene. You mix the two together in a container and it forms a gel like substance. I'm sure a potential PhD physics whiz would know how to do this.

It would maybe only take 3 gallons of gas and some polystyrene mixed together to burn very completely organic, fabric, and plastic material. The combined gel sticks to the material and prolongs the burn time much longer than much faster burning gasoline.

The commercial/common name for this mixture, and this is why I hate to even think about it, is napalm. Commonly used in past aerial warfare fire bombs from WW2 thru Vietnam. Also used in flamethrowers. The mixture is not hard to make which is scary.

I do think this was his first. IF he had 12 before this, why would he go to the counseling center and bring up that he was thinking of hurting someone? I could see him going for the alcohol issue and drugs.... but he has ostensibly killed 12 times before. Why would he now, after killing 12, all of the sudden worry about maybe killing someone? Why would this "expert at avoiding detection" blow his cover to someone? Yes, HIPPA (not sure if that is the right acronym) would make him think that he was safe telling a counselor/therapist who wouldn't be allowed to disclose information to someone -but it IS taking a risk. The first murder you do in town, what if that counselor gets worried and makes an anonymous tip to LE? An "expert at avoiding detection" who has been at it since the age of 19 should know that patient-physician/counselor privilege would not be an absolute shield from him being uncovered.

No. He was a rookie, F-d up in the head, cruel *advertiser censored* who decided to go for it -and needed Liquid Courage in the form of a damn bottle of cheap rum to power through inhibitions and a sense of self-preservation to do what he had already decided he wanted to do months before -and poor Yingying was the unfortunate, sweet, innocent soul who was in the wrong place at the wrong time when this rum-infused monster happened to stumble upon her.

This was his first; but, if he had been successful in getting away with it, I'm sure it wasn't going to be his last......
There is no evidence that he imbibed the rum prior to killing her.
She was not his first.
Girl in graveyard 2013
Furry animal/guinea pig was mentioned.
More likely his marriage became destroyed because he was a sex addict.
FBI state they interviewed many sexual partners.
Just because the defense are saying he has a drug and alcohol problem does not mean it's the truth or that it is so severe that it ended his marriage or indeed that his marriage ever actually ended, even now.
His defense is blaming women for his crime.
Michelle was considering leaving him. Was she really?
Why sleep naked beside him, if so?

It is possible he killed before but not in broad daylight.
He was upping the stakes, he needed to up the insurance.
He told the therapists very little .
Probably his first murder would have been someone like a prostitute, a dark night...
Maybe a strangulation, a drowning, a shooting, a poisoning? Simpler methods...?
Just speculating on possibilities.
He may have purchased the rum in order to offer whatever victim he trapped a drink?

He may have planned on a seduction type murder...
Damnit, I don't believe we will ever know until someone writes his book. And even then...

I hate to even bring this idea up but to answer your question about 6 gallons of gas and a barrel...

Gasoline can be mixed with styrene or a more commercially available product, polystyrene. You mix the two together in a container and it forms a gel like substance. I'm sure a potential PhD physics whiz would know how to do this.

It would maybe only take 3 gallons of gas and some polystyrene mixed together to burn very completely organic, fabric, and plastic material. The combined gel sticks to the material and prolongs the burn time much longer than much faster burning gasoline.

The commercial/common name for this mixture, and this is why I hate to even think about it, is napalm. Commonly used in past aerial warfare fire bombs from WW2 thru Vietnam. Also used in flamethrowers. The mixture is not hard to make which is scary.
and for that one would require a metal barrel, I would imagine?
They're not hard to find in this country....
He may have used that for limbs and torso and retained her head?

and for that one would require a metal barrel, I would imagine?
They're not hard to find in this country....
He may have used that for limbs and torso and retained her head?
You can make the mixture in a common 5 gallon bucket. Then just pour the gel over the pile of material you want to burn. It burns so hot and long it will burn a hole in asphalt pavement.

Do not try this at home:
How to make Napalm (recipe for simple homemade napalm) | Wilderness Arena

You can make the mixture in a common 5 gallon bucket. Then just pour the gel over the pile of material you want to burn. It burns so hot and long it will burn a hole in asphalt pavement.

Do not try this at home:
only thing against this theory, possibly is that he searched for decomposition times...
We do not have a link to that search in exhibits yet.
No decomposition would occur if burnt.
BUT it's possible he burned torso and retained head?

only thing against this theory, possibly is that he searched for decomposition times...
We do not have a link to that search in exhibits yet.
No decomposition would occur if burnt.
BUT it's possible he burned torso and retained head?
Another thing against this theory is unless someone has access to a large parcel of private property, this would attract a lot of attention. It creates in addition to fire, a big cloud of black smoke. Not exactly a clandestine thing to do.

In the Woodland, CO case the burning took place on a private ranch in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. People burn stuff all the time on private farms and ranches in the US. I doubt BC had access/permission to be on a large farm in central IL. He had no friends.

Another thing against this theory is unless someone has access to a large parcel of private property, this would attract a lot of attention. It creates in addition to fire, a big cloud of black smoke. Not exactly a clandestine thing to do.

In the Woodland, CO case the burning took place on a private ranch in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. People burn stuff all the time on private farms and ranches in the US. I doubt BC had access/permission to be on a large farm in central IL. He had no friends.
His defense say he had no friends, he did have friends. His facebook profile was up until very recently, 58 of his friends remained.
There were many reddit threads about him. Many knew him, he was not at all grossly unpopular. He taught and his students liked him.
That's why none of the defense strategy is washing.
They have constructed a castle in the sand, all BS .
6 yrs living in one place and isolated? BS
Edit, I know a bit about alcoholism and drug addiction.
Our boy got his *advertiser censored* to thatgym every morning without fail.
He ate well, He took care of his body, he looked healthy.
alcohol and drug abuse at the level they describe is not congruent with what we already know about him.
It is more likely that he betrayed Michelle than the other way around.
Dating site 2013. Assault and attempted choking girl in graveyard- 2013, just married...

Do not try this at home:

Now, *this* I could see him doing. Burning her until she was nothing but a pile of brittle, charred bones, then pulverizing them and scattering the ashes. Then he even takes the green duffel bag home, because he had wrapped her in plastic before putting her in it to take her out, and had drained most of the blood out of her anyway after decapitating her. Then, on Monday, he thinks on it and decides it’s too risky to keep the bag. If someone does come for him, there might be traces of her blood and hair in the bag. So, he walks out with it to go throw it away. Michelle sees him leave with it. Later when investigators probe him on it, he makes up the dumb story about using it to take a cat tree to Bullis.

He is no chemistry wizard, though. He was search8ng for “Sodium Hypochlorite” (bleach) in the days after the abduction. I haven’t seen how far back his internet search records go, though, so it is possible that he could have searched for this more than a year before, and planned on using it eventually.

Now, *this* I could see him doing. Burning her until she was nothing but a pile of brittle, charred bones, then pulverizing them and scattering the ashes. Then he even takes the green duffel bag home, because he had wrapped her in plastic before putting her in it to take her out, and had drained most of the blood out of her anyway after decapitating her. Then, on Monday, he thinks on it and decides it’s too risky to keep the bag. If someone does come for him, there might be traces of her blood and hair in the bag. So, he walks out with it to go throw it away. Michelle sees him leave with it. Later when investigators probe him on it, he makes up the dumb story about using it to take a cat tree to Bullis.

He is no chemistry wizard, though. He was search8ng for “Sodium Hypochlorite” (bleach) in the days after the abduction. I haven’t seen how far back his internet search records go, though, so it is possible that he could have searched for this more than a year before, and planned on using it eventually.
His search was june 8,he kidnapped her june 9.
https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 40-B.pdf

This is from Eaded’s writeup. I’m having trouble with my iPad getting it to copy and paste text, and it’s 1AM and I need to go, but I’ll paste this little tidbit from recorded text I hadn’t seen before... This is from Huckstadt’s testimony while wire recordings were being played:

Yet another recorded conversation played in court is an exchange between him and Bullis. “I don’t want you caught up in this more than you have to be,” he tells her.

Bullis says, “Michelle mentioned some sort of bag last night and I don’t know what she was even talking about.”

Christensen tells her it was a cat tower, a present for her. “That’s so random,” Bullis says. Christensen tells her he left it outside somewhere, and has no idea where it was.

“[Michelle] told [the FBI] everything about me,” he told her, “And that scares me, too.”

He later is recorded saying “They don’t have a damn thing…they’re searching for something that doesn’t exist.”

At that point, he tells Bullis he was just trying to “Help us, help Michelle, and help find this girl.”

Another recording is played in court. Christensen says Michelle read a news article and frantically started texting him, wondering if something happened to him. Christensen later told Bullis the car was a “false lead.”

“Michelle thinks they’re trying to turn us against one another,” one of them says.

The parts in bold highlight what I didn’t have any idea about. Bullis and BC’s wife seem to get along ok, and all three seem to communicate. Also, though she was cooperative with the FBI, Michelle seems to be supporting her husband till the end. I am reminded now that I think FBI agent Katie Tenaglia was quoted in an article as saying that Michelle was very cooperative at first, but became less so as the investigation dragged on.

I think both Michelle and Terra really believed that BC didn’t do anything, and that Bullis must have been shocked and terrified when BC started revealing what he did. It’s a wonder she managed to keep her composure. I believe it was Manganaro that stated she was crying and totally distraught when she brought the tape in that night.

I’ll try to post more from it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member