Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to throw some totally different thoughts after catching up the last several pages.

Think about seeing a video of your Mom walking. Or your child. Anybody you are really close and familiar with - but I think a close family member is really the best example. You recognize their gait, posture, just the general "being" instantly. Apparently nobody has come forward with any information - maybe covering up, but let's just say nobody has truly recognized the video or the voice.

A big part of that could be ignorance. No kidding, many many of my friends have zero idea about this case. Even after the HLN PC. I could show that video to everyone I know and probably about 5% would know what it was about. So many people haven't heard of the case and I live close to Indiana. Ridiculous, but my personal experience. However - EVERYONE in Delphi and surrounding communities has seen that video. So for no one to come forward - not one relative, not one friend, not one coworker, not one teacher, etc.....I am truly starting to wonder if he actually is not from Delphi or even Indiana. Or maybe grew up there but has been away for a loooonng time....like late end of the age range. Would be interesting to look at much older senior pictures - 1990s - at Delphi High perhaps! Someone that once knew those trails very well, but now an unknown in Delphi.

Maybe had a vengeance against Delphi? Never got over his high school girlfriend? Would be fascinating to talk to locals in the older range and have them go way back....not who is acting off now, but who was off in high school 20 years ago? Does that walk remind you of an old classmate? Maybe something brought him back to Delphi for a day or a week and triggered a memory that unhinged him.

I have two POI's in my mind and neither fit this possibility at all! Just thinking outside of the box.

Just going to throw some totally different thoughts after catching up the last several pages.

Think about seeing a video of your Mom walking. Or your child. Anybody you are really close and familiar with - but I think a close family member is really the best example. You recognize their gait, posture, just the general "being" instantly. Apparently nobody has come forward with any information - maybe covering up, but let's just say nobody has truly recognized the video or the voice.

A big part of that could be ignorance. No kidding, many many of my friends have zero idea about this case. Even after the HLN PC. I could show that video to everyone I know and probably about 5% would know what it was about. So many people haven't heard of the case and I live close to Indiana. Ridiculous, but my personal experience. However - EVERYONE in Delphi and surrounding communities has seen that video. So for no one to come forward - not one relative, not one friend, not one coworker, not one teacher, etc.....I am truly starting to wonder if he actually is not from Delphi or even Indiana. Or maybe grew up there but has been away for a loooonng time....like late end of the age range. Would be interesting to look at much older senior pictures - 1990s - at Delphi High perhaps! Someone that once knew those trails very well, but now an unknown in Delphi.

Maybe had a vengeance against Delphi? Never got over his high school girlfriend? Would be fascinating to talk to locals in the older range and have them go way back....not who is acting off now, but who was off in high school 20 years ago? Does that walk remind you of an old classmate? Maybe something brought him back to Delphi for a day or a week and triggered a memory that unhinged him.

I have two POI's in my mind and neither fit this possibility at all! Just thinking outside of the box.
For all we know, it's possible somebody has come forward. Maybe LE's "one tip" has already been given, but just like BG, is hiding in plain sight.

Delphi is such a small town I cant imagine BG still in that area. But leaving after the Murders would be too obvious.
I tend to think he lives outside of the area.
I keep thinking about the sketch. Maybe the sketch is close to what BG looks like but not enough for someone who knows him to make the connection. Its strange how the second one was without a hat when witnesses saw him with a hat evidently.
I go over in my mind how soaking wet he had to be. Jeans get so heavy when they are wet plus he would have had to be filthy and muddy.
You can bet he high-tailed it outta there.
-ramblings-

From the press conference transcript and BBM:

The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age. [Speaking] Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls?

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

Thanks for that. I'm being picky but this is phrased as a question and is directed at the killer (as separate to BG or not?) whereas the rest is almost not directed at the killer. I think there are two people involved and one was the killer and one the accomplice. I think most is directed at the accomplice and that last bit is directed at the one who killed them. They want the one who knows but perhaps didn't kill directly to inform perhaps on the other. MOO

But it’s been just shy of 2 months since the release of the new sketch. In the PC Carter says as a result of new information and intelligence over time LE believes the NBG is the person responsible for the murders. They got something before the PC.

The audio is helpful. The video, let’s be honest, really isn’t. It puts BG there and helps LE create a timeline, but it’s too blurry to independently determine who it actually is.

While watching the Oxygen special on Rebecca Zahau, I learned each person's voice is as unique as a fingerprint. On last night's episode, they had an expert analyst deciphering the 911 call. Just made me wonder if investigators in this case have tried matching the recorded audio to any suspects.
JMO, MOO, etc

BBM:

Strongly agree with both of these posts.

I've always thought if they could clean up the audio, it would be more helpful in terms of identifying BG than the video.

In the video, BG was walking on an uneven, elevated surface, having to weave to avoid large holes/gaps.
While carrying what appears to be the contents of his kill kit stuffed up inside his coat.
With adrenaline no doubt coursing through his veins.
His gait, stride, pace and balance would have all been affected, i.e., altered, up on that bridge.

BG ain't walking like he normally does in that video.

For that reason, I was concerned when LE asked the public to focus on BG's mannerisms in the video.
I don't think those are his typical mannerisms.
That isn't how he usually carries himself.

A person who otherwise might suspect BG, may disregard him watching that video by telling themselves,
"That isn't how ____ walks. He doesn't bury his chin like that. He doesn't have that stutter step, etc."

In the audio, though, BG's voice does sound calm and measured, at least to my ears.
I believe that's BG's normal, everyday voice we're hearing.
Everything about his voice, i.e., the tone, cadence, pitch, inflection, etc. should be recognizable to someone who knows BG.

If LE doesn't have a specific person of interest at this time, my hope is that they've released every bit of audio containing BG's voice that they possibly can at this point.

If LE does have their eye on a specific POI, then LE will almost certainly have done the analysis of the audiotape to see if the voices match.

All of the Above: JMO.

Delphi is such a small town I cant imagine BG still in that area. But leaving after the Murders would be too obvious.
I tend to think he lives outside of the area.
I keep thinking about the sketch. Maybe the sketch is close to what BG looks like but not enough for someone who knows him to make the connection. Its strange how the second one was without a hat when witnesses saw him with a hat evidently.
I go over in my mind how soaking wet he had to be. Jeans get so heavy when they are wet plus he would have had to be filthy and muddy.
You can bet he high-tailed it outta there.
-ramblings-

BBM - and it’s what he looked like 2 years ago not necessarily today. If he was on the lowest end of the age range (16 at the time) he’d be 18 now. 16 year old me looks very different from 18 year old me.

BBM - and it’s what he looked like 2 years ago not necessarily today. If he was on the lowest end of the age range (16 at the time) he’d be 18 now. 16 year old me looks very different from 18 year old me.

Exactly.
Hair styles can change, weight etc. All of which could make a person appear to be younger as well.

Exactly.
Hair styles can change, weight etc. All of which could make a person appear to be younger as well.

Height too

Just expanding on my lower end of the age range comment. LE says BG is 5’6” to 5’10”. That lower end of the height range is pretty short for a grown man. Not so much for a 16 year old who hasn’t had a growth spurt yet.

A 16 year old may still be carrying baby fat or puberty weight (I was a little chunky at 16, not at 18).

In the Renner interview KG said there were 10-20 kids at the trail that day when she dropped them off and some were there earlier. She also said the trail is a popular place for people her age (I believe she was 16 at the time of the murders) to hang out.

It was a day off from school.

I could go on and on, but I’m annoying myself so I’ll just stop here. Just some extra thoughts to think about.

If BG was at the lower end of the age range (16-18) at the time of the murders I am more inclined to think that he knew the girls were at the bridge that day (probably through SM or a connection to KG) and targeted them. This is a small town and guy of that age is practically in the girls' peer group, especially if you account for older siblings. I don't necessarily believe that they intended to meet him there, or that they knew him well/were friends or even recognized him, but that doesn't mean that he didn't recognize the girls. I've always thought this was a random crime of opportunity, but if its true that there were 10-20 other kids there that day, it makes me wonder, why Abby...why Libby? (sound familiar?). Maybe it wasn't so random after all.

If, as some surmise, LE knows who did this, and they have a bit of evidence and are just waiting for just a little bit more, why don’t they haul his rear in, in front of the cameras, question him properly, hold him a couple days. Forget this playing games at press conferences, make him sweat, rattle his cage, put him under open surveillance. Maybe he’ll crack. If LE knows who it is, why not.
The fact that they haven’t done this is one reason I doubt they know who it is.
I don’t know specifically how things work, but in 2001 the 16 y/o daughter of an acquaintance disappeared. During the investigation, LE found phone records that led to a POI - a 35 y/o married man. Police attempted to question him but he hired an attorney and refused all contact with the police.

Police followed him and also tried to question some neighbors, co-workers, etc. His attorney accused the police of harassment and was able to obtain an order barring the police from further “harassment”.

I wonder if something similar could be going on behind the scenes in Delphi?

If BG was at the lower end of the age range (16-18) at the time of the murders I am more inclined to think that he knew the girls were at the bridge that day (probably through SM or a connection to KG) and targeted them. This is a small town and guy of that age is practically in the girls' peer group, especially if you account for older siblings. I don't necessarily believe that they intended to meet him there, or that they knew him well/were friends or even recognized him, but that doesn't mean that he didn't recognize the girls. I've always thought this was a random crime of opportunity, but if its true that there were 10-20 other kids there that day, it makes me wonder, why Abby...why Libby? (sound familiar?). Maybe it wasn't so random after all.
MOO I think at least 1 of the girls may have recognized him when he got closer, but was too alarmed to say his name. I'm sure they were trying to figure out if they should run, but where. They were just kids. He did seem to have his long chin tucked down into his collar, seemingly obstructing his immediate identity

I know kk, I think about their last moments and it hurts.
Thinking about what victims went through before they were killed is always heart-breaking. I’ve heard people that have survived an attack and it seems some people remember things to varying degrees and others remember pretty much nothing.

It has always been my wish that either there is such a rush of adrenalin and this may block their ability to feel fear and pain. And if that isn’t the case I like to believe that God or whatever spiritual being you may believe in comes to them in their darkest moments and is able to block out all of that pain and fear.

Makes even more sense: something planned or serial killer to learn this was a hang-out spot for young teens
This guy just doesn't look young to me....plus I see a mustache, & seems like his headgear is one of those 'hunting hats' that have flaps that go over the ears....?
Still find so utterly odd his casual salutation: 'hey guys'....also that he would say anything to them before he is right there with them: more likely they will bolt - understand what's happening: the element of surprise will be less.....(some one somewhere said it was possible an accomplice was already with Abby & Libby...why she managed to record & the suspect's casual 'hey guys')
There's a reason she began filming - even though he wasn't that close......yeah, could be gut instinct....I got the impression is was as if they were waiting for him to cross the bridge before they then turned around to go back themselves....
Why was he so confident? Why did he just figure these two gals - teens - & from what we know athletic- would just buckle & do what he wanted (even before he showed a possible weapon like a gun?).....
Maybe the 'hey guys' is indeed as I have speculated: there's been encounters with him before...this time they were recording him: but just figuring be nothing: just some weirdo creep pervert like before....hmmm
JMO

MOO I'm wondering what additional info, if any, the families were given the day of the last press conference.
It's past the two week moratorium on media interviews of the families. I pray for them everyday. Someone turn him in

Angelcat13 - yeah, from what I understand with people going through horrific trauma: there is a total blank. & not to go too far off rules: looking into NDE experiences: they are totally 'not there' for the physical trauma: they don't feel a thing....& oddly they report heightened senses, & awareness but no 'normal' physical feeling/function...
Sorry if off topic, but Angelcat13 - I think about this too a lot....

All he had to do was see her SC post to know exactly where they were. He just had to be a SC friend - KG said the post was to LG’s story. No conversation or communication needed. He could even be with a friend that was friends with her and saw it that way.

I’m guessing based on the fact that LG had FB, SC, Instagram, Twitter, Kik and Musically accounts at some point in time that she didn’t just have a handful of SC friends. Some she probably knew very well and some maybe not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam