Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the death of Fotis’ mom was no more than a very unfortunate accident. I’m very certain the young nanny who was driving the car was traumatized and beside herself over the horrible accident. My perception is that both FD and JD were very gracious and made the nanny feel better by emphasizing that granny was in declining health and was becoming more clumsy / unsteady due to her age- emphasizing a previous fall down stairs to assure the nanny that she was not at fault for the “manslaughter” and that they were viewing it as merely a VERY UNFORTUNATE , SAD ACCIDENT. I’m very certain that the nanny must be experiencing some post traumatic stress now as this whole “Jennifer missing” story has opened up old wounds. All imho.
That is what makes this forum so wonderful! Respect for the Diversity in our opinion. FD definitely disrespected his mother according to Greek culture by not naming his 1st daughter after her. I know that is a fact. Unless Kleopatra wasn’t her given name and it was the same as his eldest daughter..

Yeah, the implication was clearly that he said this two days before the murder.

That’s why it was such a bizarre thing to say.

People worry about that sort of thing after the fact, but that is not a normal statement just before a murder occurs.

Unless you’re already planning to kill your estranged wife.

A normal pre-divorce spouse who wasn't planning murder might say "I'd like to visit with the kids inside but I'm not allowed to enter the house under our visitation agreement" or something to that effect, and especially to portray her as the unreasonable bxxxh.

The term "DNA" would NEVER be part of that discussion unless you were really worried about being detected by DNA.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Picture #6, to the left of the ginormous fridge - looks like a little side pantry/butler area that could have a sink. You can see cabinets with glass doors and a counter under them. Not conclusive, I know, but it's possible he washed there and the housekeeper didn't notice. And, like I suggested upthread, it's also possible that the housekeeper's tasks that day didn't include going into the kitchen at all. We don't know.

jmo
I think you’re probably correct here.

Here’s the picture for reference.

Attachments

• B9AAB11F-AA65-4747-BBB6-A4238E113B52.jpeg
    B9AAB11F-AA65-4747-BBB6-A4238E113B52.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 48
I know it's totally possible to forget a purse at someone's house....but did this friend walk out of FD/MT's house with car keys in her hand - and not notice she was missing an entire purse? Was she drunk? Not impossible to forget a purse, of course, but it also seems that it conveniently gives MT an alibi. imo

Where is Simsbury in relation to NC?

jmo
My last two cars have keyless fobs which I keep in my pants pocket not my purse so I have forgotten my purse and had my keys more than once. JME

Couldn’t agree more!
My mother was an immigrant from Europe and she absolutely assimilated to customs in the US (without totally abandoning her European customs.) Namesday was HUGE in her country and she loved having her namesday celebrated before she became a US citizen. I grew up NEVER EVER celebrating names day. I don’t think for a second that Fotis follows Greek customs like celebrating names day.This simply isn’t done in the US (except maybe by a very very tiny and rare minority) It’s not a thing here.
In Jennifer’s blogs she writes about celebrating the name days and that it was a big deal!. The family most certainly celebrated them and they followed Greek customs. The children’s names are ALL GREEK.... spelling and all! The children were learning the Greek language from a hired tutor/man who Jennifer names in her blogs. But thank you for your thoughts!

Re: Sinks
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,10

This is the downstairs between the garage, door to the backyard, and stairs to the upstairs and down to the ? basement? The wall opposite the garage has a billion cubby holes, sort of too much. There is the small rectangular room with two doors. One is likely a coat /boot closet, and the other could be a powder room with a SINK. If you were in the garage trying to clean up a bloody mess, wouldn't you stay downstairs there and used that sink rather than go all the way up those stairs into the kitchen? Or is there also a powder room sink in the basement area? ( listed as 5.5 baths)

And that's an area the housekeeper likely didn't enter on Friday, IMHO.

I also believe the housekeeper cleaned the kitchen. In a house with 5 children between 6 and 13, the kitchen is always going to need cleaning. JD's is very open and very much prominent in the house so having the housekeeper clean the kitchen / pantry / bathrooms would be huge priority for me !

Last edited:
Simsbury is about 20-30 min north of Farmington. It’s even further away from New Canaan.

Thats downtown Simsbury.
Thanks. I'm looking at the map....is Simsbury by Avon? Is Avon where the water searches were?

jmo

Simsbury (south part about 8-10 minutes from farmington) is the town north of Avon. Farmington is just south of Avon. The water searches have been in Avon (fisher meadow and "the pond")

edited: circled water searched

Attachments

• map1.JPG
    map1.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 7
Regardless of what Jennifer and her children were celebrating on Wednesday eve and that her family & friends were there, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if MT was fuming and flipped-out over FD being invited (if he were) and went to Jennifer’s house.

This event may have been the last straw for MT. Possibly she snapped, let FD know how angry she was, maybe made threats to leave him, they argued and maybe then the plans to harm JD were set in motion.

MOO

As awful as MT is, I don't think loss of a woman would ever be enough of a motivation for FD to commit murder.

It would always be about money, always money. Follow the money and look at how FD "met" JD.

A normal pre-divorce spouse who wasn't planning murder might say "I'd like to visit with the kids inside but I'm not allowed to enter the house under our visitation agreement" or something to that effect, and especially to portray her as the unreasonable bxxxh.

The term "DNA" would NEVER be part of that discussion unless you were really worried about being detected by DNA.
Exactly.

If everything is as it appears, it’s a stunningly stupid and damning statement.

It is my understanding from the quote that he said this to people while at JD's home on the 22nd. It was not concern after-the-fact that his DNA might be in the house, but a wilful intent not to leave DNA there prior to her disappearance. MOO

From the media thread:

Prosecutors also allege Fotis Dulos showed up at Jennifer Dulos' New Canaan home on Wednesday, May 22, two days before she vanished. He did not go inside, they said, and allegedly told people he didn't want to go inside because he was worried his DNA would be found inside the residence. The two have not been living together since Jennifer Dulos filed for divorce in 2017. Tests Find Man's DNA, CT Mom's Blood Mixed on Faucet: Court
Thank you for digging this up

Unfortunately, I think this is “touch DNA,” which is easier to explain away than DNA from blood.

The defense might be able to claim that he shook her hand or something, and she used the sink, thereby placing his DNA on the faucet.

Then, the person who killed her used to sink to clean up blood evidence, and the touch DNA mixed with that blood.

So this is incriminating, but there might be a plausible defense to it.
We only know of this one location - what about the door knob ? Were his footprints found too? I’m hoping they have way more from the examination of the house and it was a fairly fresh crime scene IMO - I remain hopeful there is more evidence

We only know of this one location - what about the door knob ? Were his footprints found too? I’m hoping they have way more from the examination of the house and it was a fairly fresh crime scene IMO - I remain hopeful there is more evidence
I do too. This wasn’t about justifying an arrest warrant for murder, it was about upping the bail amount in his tampering case.

It wasn’t likely to succeed, and they wouldn’t use their best evidence to justify what was almost certainly a long-shot.

I do think there will be more.

Re the housekeeper and the kitchen.... even if she did clean the kitchen it's very possible that she did not clean the faucet itself. I often wipe down my kitchen counter and don't focus on the faucet, plus the DNA that was ultimately located on the faucet may not have been visible to the housekeeper to clean.... it may have appeared clean to her. Maybe I'm not understanding the cleaning issue... are people thinking that LE is wrong and that there really was no DNA mixture on the faucet?

yep because you were planning murder IMO

I know it's totally possible to forget a purse at someone's house....but did this friend walk out of FD/MT's house with car keys in her hand - and not notice she was missing an entire purse? Was she drunk? Not impossible to forget a purse, of course, but it also seems that it conveniently gives MT an alibi. imo

Where is Simsbury in relation to NC?

jmo

I’m assuming that the friend who left her purse wasn’t the driver. Maybe she was slightly over-served or was just tired. In any case the house is huge so it would be easy to put a purse down somewhere out of sight and not walk by it again when leaving. A lot of young ladies keep their cell phones in hand or in a pocket but seldom carry a purse. I don’t think either FD or MT is ingenious enough to plan a forgotten purse alibi - mainly because it would mean more people having information about a planned crime.

Re the housekeeper and the kitchen.... even if she did clean the kitchen it's very possible that she did not clean the faucet itself. I often wipe down my kitchen counter and don't focus on the faucet, plus the DNA that was ultimately located in the faucet may not have been visible to the housekeeper to clean.... it may have appeared clean to her. Maybe I'm not understanding the cleaning issue... are people thinking that LE is wrong and that there really was no DNA mixture on the faucet?
OH I'm wrong, there is a single lever handle to the right of the faucet:

https://ap.rdcpix.com/78856680/5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m8xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Clearly us right hand to pull the lever. Its so thin that a small blood spot isn't going to be easily visible.

Edited to change the design of the faucet.

Last edited:
I wonder when would JD have to leave home at the latest, in order to still be on time for her 11am NYC appointment?

That depends on a few things, I think-I assume she was driving, and further assuming that she wasn’t a regularly tardy sort of a person-also depends on whether or not she had the car already packed with the stuff she and her kids would need overnight, as well as depending where exactly she was going in NYC. I am thinking that she was attacked right around 9:30, just after she got off of the phone call she was on. Otherwise, she would have left for the city no later than 10am. JMO, though, and curious to see what everyone else thinks

Re the housekeeper and the kitchen.... even if she did clean the kitchen it's very possible that she did not clean the faucet itself. I often wipe down my kitchen counter and don't focus on the faucet, plus the DNA that was ultimately located on the faucet may not have been visible to the housekeeper to clean.... it may have appeared clean to her. Maybe I'm not understanding the cleaning issue... are people thinking that LE is wrong and that there really was no DNA mixture on the faucet?
I think people assume if the lady cleaned there would not be dna so the question is did she in fact clean that day? If so was she rotating cleaning rooms and the kitchen was not due or did she clean and missed the faucet etc. just discussing how dna could be there if cleaning was actually done IMO - FWIW I don’t clean my faucet when I clean the sink unless there is water to be wiped off

I totally believe LE that they found DNA at the kitchen sink. Just trying to figure out how the housekeeper didn't notice anything amiss in the house. You'd think you'd notice blood in a sink. Perhaps it was a minute amount, in a sink the housekeeper didn't use that day, etc.

jmo

I’m assuming that the friend who left her purse wasn’t the driver. Maybe she was slightly over-served or was just tired. In any case the house is huge so it would be easy to put a purse down somewhere out of sight and not walk by it again when leaving. A lot of young ladies keep their cell phones in hand or in a pocket but seldom carry a purse. I don’t think either FD or MT is ingenious enough to plan a forgotten purse alibi - mainly because it would mean more people having information about a planned crime.
So to continue your thought....you don't think MT was involved with the murder at least not that morning?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member