Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I didnt make it clear that yes you can buy them in places that have cameras but it in many places there are small places that do not have them. A lot of time those kind of places charge a bit more than walmart to take advantage of lower income people who do not have transportation to bigger stores.

Ah, understood. I’ve known quite a few people who use them to have affairs and such. My jerk exhusband did. I just happened to accidentally find it one time. It’s practically untraceable by LE or even a PI.

the thing is we don’t have any idea when her suv was left at the park just when it was found - many suspect it was left after the murder but it could have been driven to his NC spec home and MT could have met him there after her errands IMO - I also think they have cell phone data from all three phones that morning and have built a fairly exact timeline - let’s hope they find JD today it’s been way too long for her family all JMO

Welcome to WS guests and new members

Wouldn’t the “employee” whose truck FD borrowed wonder where that car came from, since he was working at the spec house?

If the cleaning lady came in at noon, perhaps she was only to clean the upstairs, change sheets on the beds, clean the kids bathrooms, wash sheets and towels etc. If she came in at noon and stayed three or four hours (she wasn't there at seven to let LE in) Then there was no way she could clean the whole house, it is huge.

That depends on a few things, I think-I assume she was driving, and further assuming that she wasn’t a regularly tardy sort of a person-also depends on whether or not she had the car already packed with the stuff she and her kids would need overnight, as well as depending where exactly she was going in NYC. I am thinking that she was attacked right around 9:30, just after she got off of the phone call she was on. Otherwise, she would have left for the city no later than 10am. JMO, though, and curious to see what everyone else thinks
Same.

I think she was attacked around 9:30-45'ish because she would have to leave for the appt at about that time. That gives over 2 hours for the murderer to leave the scene before the housekeeper arrived, though I think he was out of there faster than that.

jmo

I don't think MT was involved in the murder because I think he planned it and expected to go in, strangle her put her in his vehicle and leave (the truck with the altered plates) BUT something happened and there was a lot of blood and clean up and extra time, and need to move her car etc.
I believe she was involved with hiding the body and disposing of the bloody evidence. Accessory after the fact up to her neck.

Only the first part up to the blood and the last part (disposal of the body) went according to plan, the rest was a messy improvisation.

Thanks!

Picture #6, to the left of the ginormous fridge - looks like a little side pantry/butler area that could have a sink. You can see cabinets with glass doors and a counter under them. Not conclusive, I know, but it's possible he washed there and the housekeeper didn't notice. And, like I suggested upthread, it's also possible that the housekeeper's tasks that day didn't include going into the kitchen at all. We don't know.

jmo
There IS a second sink in the kitchen. It's exactly where you describe - on photo #9:
69 Welles Ln, New Canaan, CT 06840 - realtor.com®

5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m8xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

It would have to have been deliberately done, the security cameras at JD's house. I have worked on a lot of properties in New Canaan, many don't have much in the way of security, people feel safe. Many don't have gates with log in required. That is more a Greenwich thing. Her house was delusively private, serene and safe. In reality the seclusion of that street and property was very insecure. If you want to be "safe" here you have to buy or construct that around your property. NY suburbs and Greenwich are much more so.

I so wish she’d had some installed. You’d think with how threatening he was, she would have. I don’t think there’s anywhere on Earth I would have felt safe from his crazy self. Maybe she had that planned, but just hadn’t gotten around to it. Perhaps, like you said: she just had a false sense of security there. Maybe the part of her that had loved him kept blocking the possibility that he would ever REALLY kill her. I think she was smarter than that, but emotions can sometimes rule. I wouldn’t want to have to think the father of my five children would literally murder me, either, if I was her. Perhaps she thought he would only possibly seriously injure her. The poor woman must have lived in fear of him, if nothing else, at least subconsciously. This all makes me so sad. What a nonsense thing for him to do. Or, as I try to keep saying, for him to “allegedly” do. :rolleyes:
jmo

So if he was so preoccupied with not leaving DNA in the house something like 36 hours before the murder, why did he?

It appears that someone went wrong during the assault to change it from a bloodless and DNA-LESS scene, to a bloody, stained scene that required he enter the house to use a sink to wash, most probably his hands. So either he wasn't wearing gloves or they became heavily blood stained.

I finally found the staircase that you would use between the garage and kitchen:

https://ap.rdcpix.com/336717672/5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m5xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

And that he had to use clothing and / or towels to mop up blood and clean the scene. Would there have been mops or buckets in the garage that are now missing?

Unlike KK, who came prepared with a painter-type coverall and shoe covers, it's likely that his clothes were blood stained, as were his shoes. All of which would have been in the garbage bag odyssey of stupidity that evening.

It's hard to understand how this criminal mastermind fouled that up so badly

Last edited:
There IS a second sink in the kitchen. It's exactly where you describe - on photo #9:
69 Welles Ln, New Canaan, CT 06840 - realtor.com®

5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m8xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
Super! Picture #9 at the link. It's possible he washed up in this sink, and perhaps it's not a place the housekeeper noticed (not that I expect her to notice every smidgen and speck in the house anyway).

This would still be considered a "kitchen sink" imo.

Do we know if this second sink is more convenient to the garage?

jmo

I think it would be on the underside of one of the two paddle-type kitchen faucet handles. Part of your hand is under the paddle pushing it up to turn on the water. So you could leave blood on there and not see it from the top.
I think there's only one handle. I have the same style of faucets at home.

Super! Picture #9 at the link. It's possible he washed up in this sink, and perhaps it's not a place the housekeeper noticed (not that I expect her to notice every smidgen and speck in the house anyway).
This would still be considered a "kitchen sink" imo.

Do we know if this second sink is more convenient to the garage?

You can see the layout of the stairs from the garage to the kitchen and pantry. The pantry sink could be considered a kitchen sink. It is only marginally less convenient but if you are in a frenzy trying to clean up a large amount of blood before you are detected I'm not sure you'd go there.

https://ap.rdcpix.com/336717672/5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m5xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
I think there is likely a more convenient sink downstairs near the garage door where I think there is a powder room, just beside the door to the outside.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,11

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,10

(Although this a large beautiful house, having to haul yourself, 5 kids, groceries, and everything else up a flight of stairs to get into the house would make this house a NO for me!)

That depends on a few things, I think-I assume she was driving, and further assuming that she wasn’t a regularly tardy sort of a person-also depends on whether or not she had the car already packed with the stuff she and her kids would need overnight, as well as depending where exactly she was going in NYC. I am thinking that she was attacked right around 9:30, just after she got off of the phone call she was on. Otherwise, she would have left for the city no later than 10am. JMO, though, and curious to see what everyone else thinks
I still haven't seen a credible source on the timing of the phone call. According to the latest Courant article, LE estimate that she was attacked between 8:30 and 10:30. The latter seems a bit late to me. I think it's possible that FD got in right when she returned from the school run. I wonder how his proposed alibi clashes with our theories. If he was really tied up with his attorney until 9am, he would arrive to NC too late.

Here is a hypothesized FD afternoon timeline. This is all MOO but times and locations are based on MSM and arrest papers

1:37pm FD back in Farmington but Raptor still in NC with employee
FD spends approximately 2 hours at Mountain Spring (phone could be left there while he moved around)
During this time he needs to unload trash bags he will later put in Raptor and take to Albany Ave.
MSM reports FD “was driving” employees red truck that day, presumably bags unloaded from employees truck into somewhere easily accessible at MS during this time.

15:38 FD leaves Mountain Spring
16:17 FD arrives 4 JC
(Times in affidavit) presumably he’s driving the employee’s truck.
Note that MS to JC travel time is only 5 mins but time elapsed here is 39 minutes.
Google maps show the car wash MSM reported police were questioning at is a drive of 16 mins from MS house and 14 mins from JC address. That leaves approximately 9 mins for FD to run the employees truck through express car wash available at that business. This place is reported to have long waits during lunchtime but less crowded in afternoon.

16:17 FD arrives home at JC with clean truck to return to employee.
MSM reports truck was given back to employee between 4-5:30pm. FD now has Raptor. (Since Fore group office at JC house, likely that employee truck exchange took place there and not at MS. But LE knows where the exchange took place of course if employee is cooperating.)

At 17:21 FD is back at MS, presumably where the trash bags were kept, where he needs to load the trash bags into the Raptor.

13 minutes later at 17:34 he is back at 4JC. Assuming 5 mins travel time per google maps, that gives approximately 8 mins to load the trash bags into the Raptor at MS.

From there he talks MT into going on a drive with him to Albany Avenue to get rid of the trash bags.

You can see the layout of the stairs from the garage to the kitchen and pantry. The pantry sink could be considered a kitchen sink. It is only marginally less convenient but if you are in a frenzy trying to clean up a large amount of blood before you are detected I'm not sure you'd go there.

I think there is likely a more convenient sink downstairs near the garage door where I think there is a powder room, just beside the door to the outside.

(Although this a large beautiful house, having to haul yourself, 5 kids, groceries, and everything else up a flight of stairs to get into the house would make this house a NO for me!)
But didn't the prosecutor say his DNA and JD's blood was in the kitchen sink? Or did I just assume that?

If I'm wrong about kitchen, then I do agree that a closer sink to the garage would make more sense.

jmo

In Jennifer’s blogs she writes about celebrating the name days and that it was a big deal!. The family most certainly celebrated them and they followed Greek customs. The children’s names are ALL GREEK.... spelling and all! The children were learning the Greek language from a hired tutor/man who Jennifer names in her blogs. But thank you for your thoughts!
We can't forget there was a time when she was in love with him. Probably enchanted by the whole Greek culture and mores. Things must have been good for awhile if she had 5 children. Some of her blog posts attest to this. So sad that things spiraled down.

I have not previously seen the information about MT's whereabouts on the morning of May 24th; according to a recent article. Looks like she has 2 friends as part of her alibi
:
"Investigators are confident Troconis, whose relationship with Dulos was cited in the couple’s divorce proceedings, was not in New Canaan on May 24. They know around 9:15 a.m. that day she was bringing a purse back to a friend who had left it at the Jefferson Crossing home the night before. Police also know that Troconis visited another friend in Simsbury sometime between 10:30 and 11 that morning."

Link:The events of May 24, the last day Jennifer Farber Dulos was seen alive, are a key element of the investigation into her disappearance

Doesn’t mean that she wasn’t fully aware of what his plan was when he got to New Canaan, though.

But didn't the prosecutor say his DNA and JD's blood was in the kitchen sink? Or did I just assume that?

If I'm wrong about kitchen, then I do agree that a closer sink to the garage would make more sense.

jmo
Correct. From today’s Courant article.

Nor did she notice a piece of evidence revealed by the state — blood on a kitchen faucet. Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo said in court last week that Fotis Dulos’ DNA “was found in a mixture on the faucet inside of Jennifer’s kitchen, in the house where she went missing.”

“So,” Colangelo continued, “the mixture, defendant’s DNA, Jennifer’s blood, on the faucet in the kitchen.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member