Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup

Is it possible Princess Blue died in 1978 or early 1979, and was 17-21 years old at that time? A 21 year-old would have been 18 in 1975, and had a 1975 class ring...

Could the date of death be 10-11 years off? Or do estimated dates tend to be highly accurate for skeletal remains?

These "hair" looks as fake as it could be. I doubt that's even a wig, with that weird hat it's simmilar to pics that me and my friends use to take while messing up with clothes and makeup just to take some crazy weird shoots. No one would forgot that makeup - if nobody recalls seeing a girl with that distinctive makeup that she never wore it outside and she was just goofing around to take the pics.

Also that girl looks extremely young to me, like 12, 13 tops.
In my opinion she never appeared as on these pics. No makeup, different hairstyle and possibly someone will recognize her

I find her hat/scarf/headwrap perplexing.

The shape is strange, almost like it's fashioned from a bit of flannel pillowcase. I can't find any similar vintage hats. I remember berets being a thing in the 70s when I was little. Lots of vintage plaid berets online. Ditto newsboys. Plenty of more feminine dressy hats, but nothing like this.

I wonder if it's not a hat at all, but something he strangled her with?

I find her hat/scarf/headwrap perplexing.

The shape is strange, almost like it's fashioned from a bit of flannel pillowcase. I can't find any similar vintage hats. I remember berets being a thing in the 70s when I was little. Lots of vintage plaid berets online. Ditto newsboys. Plenty of more feminine dressy hats, but nothing like this.

I wonder if it's not a hat at all, but something he strangled her with?
Come on :) it's a fez.

It doesn't look like a fez to me. It looks really thin, and "deconstructed". I've never owned a fez personally though, so I'm going from memory of hats my mom wore. If you're into hats, I defer.

I was looking more closely at her hair again, after the comment above noting her age possibly being as young as 12 or 13, because I thought her hair was a wig initially too. And the plaid thing could also be holding a wig in place. So,I'm wondering if we should be looking for younger missing with short hair?

Here's another way to explain what I was seeing: if you enlarge the photo, near her hairline the plaid fabric has a crease line. It also seems to follow the shape of her skull more closely than a hat. Can others see this? I'm wondering if could be an article of her clothing then?

I realize I could be on a tangent. Just thinking of possibilities we could search for among missing or UID. I'm going to see if there are any with similar plaid garments that might fit. Never know...

Since it seems like she was dressed up for this photoshoot, and as she's wearing a fez with egyptian styled makeup, I wonder if Alcala had her dress up in a Eastern way (Egyptian/Moroccan). Going by his other pics when he has Oriental-Japanese geisha statues in the background of girls he took a picture of, and that story about him trying to make a 13 year old girl he brought to his apartment to wear a Oriental outfit (I forgot whether or not if it was a kimono, or something), I am thinking this goes in pattern with his apparent sexual fascination with Orientalistic themes and garb.

Also wonder if there's a racial aspect to it too, because while Alcala is Mexican most of the girls he took pictures of were non-Mexican, with many of them being blondes. So I am guessing he has a thing for the "exotic".

this doesn't really help much with identification, but I thought it was an interesting thing to observe.

She also has a fair amount of moles. I didn't really notice until now, since I usually view this site on a mobile device & her eye makeup was so distracting.

I was thinking about when someone said this girl looks 12-13 tops. It had me wondering. This girl kinda looks similar to the way I looked around that age too, and I also liked to play around with wigs and eye makeup in that same fashion, that would give me the same "look". But the eye makeup looks very well done, like someone who's been doing it for years. And she's got the inner eye in, so I know she did it herself.

I put her as far as in her twenties cause I know some 20-21 year old girls can look real young and baby faced like that, but now I'm looking closely at her, I do believe she is in the 12-16 age range, because of this innocent gleam in her eyes and the very small shoulders she has of someone undeveloped.

The more I return to look, I think mid teens. It's possible she could be anywhere from 12-20, but I really think she's closer to 15-17.

I noticed the old remark about sanpaku eyes, and Having no idea what that was, looked it up. If her eyes normally had whites visible below her iris, and not as a result of drugs, etc. that should help comparing photos if she is a missing person, with photos available.

That's interesting, Bargle. The shape of it is high/round too.

She has so many unique characteristics, even without the make-up, thank it seems really odd she's still not identified. Hopefully this means she is alive, or at least wasn't his victim.

This old hippy has no idea what shrooms are LOL. You know I hadn't even thought about drugs. But it has baffled me how he would have gotten so many girls to take off their clothes. Girls did not take off their clothes easily then. Only the most brazen would go topless. But if they were on acid they would have been easy to intimidate and control so that might be a possibility. Everything but acid would have been pretty esoteric for him. If he was getting a lot of drugs only LSD would have not been conspicuous.
Maybe they were just mostly sex workers or he was paying them to take their clothes off and they obliged since they were runaways or social misfits?

2011323330.jpg

4424641227_32c8aa62a6.jpg

Respectfully snipped for focus on photo.
The way this girl is positioned suggested her hands are cuffed behind her. What is that metal (?) object sticking up behind her left shoulder?
She looks very frightened to me, and perhaps drugged. She certainly does not look like a willing participant, or a young girl talked in to posing. She looks captured, and a girl who knows she is going to be murdered, and likely was.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It looks like a basic pillbox hat to me. Like the one Jackie Kennedy used to wear Google Image Result for http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190820111555-cnn-films-halston-jackie-kennedy-pillbox-hat-ron-3-00002217-super-tease.jpg

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC has quite a collection of fashion pillbox hats (hope the link works) https://www.metmuseum.org/art/colle...=All&material=Pillboxes&era=A.D. 1900-present

But that style was definitely the early 1960s. Her hair, whether wig or natural, looks more like late 1960s though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back