ID ID - Jeramy Burt, 35, Boise, 11 Feb 2007

I'm re-watching the Disappeared episode ('Doomed Romance" Sea 2, Ep 12). On thing I've noticed is that the source for a lot of the timeline of events is the mother of Jeramys' daughter, 'K'. At one point 'K' says , while she and Jeramy were on the road to divorce and Jeramy was seeing Jeanne, Jeramy came to 'K' to 'make amends' and said that he now saw Jeane's true color and would keep 'seeing' her to get evidence against her. But, according to a detective in the case, Jeramy continued to see Jeanie after the case was 'adjudicated'. I wonder how 'K' felt about that? Not covered in the show. Lots of seemingly conflicting behaviors and statements all around in this case.

Oh wow, so sorry to read about his second wife's passing.

After watching the Disappeared episode on JB, I did some googling and found that JB's ex-wife Kimberly George committed suicide: Idaho family seeks answers in 11-year search for Jeramy Burt

"In July of 2016, Jeramy's ex-wife Kim, who had remarried in the years following his disappearance, died of an apparent suicide."

She had expressed on the episode that she felt terrible that her daughter couldn't grow up with her father, and now the poor girl is an orphan. It's more likely that JB is the killer but KG's suicide does raise some questions.

Last edited:
I agree that JB is the bright shiny object in the case in terms of suspects, but consider what we know about the comments Jeremy made about JB, the account of his interactions with her and about the timing and nature of the texts. Most of that is solely from KG.

After watching the Disappeared episode on JB, I did some googling and found that JB's ex-wife Kimberly George committed suicide: Idaho family seeks answers in 11-year search for Jeramy Burt

"In July of 2016, Jeramy's ex-wife Kim, who had remarried in the years following his disappearance, died of an apparent suicide."

She had expressed on the episode that she felt terrible that her daughter couldn't grow up with her father, and now the poor girl is an orphan. It's more likely that JB is the killer but KG's suicide does raise some questions.
wow
this really shocked me..... but then on processing it not at all.
I am even more shocked that law enforcement didn't look at kim much much closer.

at the end of the day what he put kim through was very cruel.
I don't think of jeramy fondly.
in or out mate.screwing these women around was only ever going to end in tragedy.
her marrying someone else 60 days after he vanishes is telling though that she wasn't sitting at home waiting for him.
bizaar case!

Last edited:
very hard to get past the attorney though.
how could you want to be in a relationship with someone who had you sent to prison.
the history of this loopy woman it wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to get jeramy back in her web for revenge purposes only.

When I watched Disappeared, for some reason I automatically felt myself thinking the wife wasn’t being genuine. I found it strange that nothing was mentioned in regards to the police clearing her. Usually on the show they mention the significant other being investigated first, which is always what happens. It makes you wonder if the police looked into her properly or if they got tunnel vision on blaming the lawyer because she was the more obvious suspect. Arguably the wife had just as much of a motive, Albeit the completely different kind of motive - jealousy and revenge for how badly he treated her. As well as the standard feelings of a wife who doesn’t want their husband to leave them for another women or just leave them in general. I don’t think Jeramy had the same enthusiasm for the marriage as she did. Which motive trumps? Someone trying to prevent jail time, or a ‘scorned’ women who is sick of being cheated on etc...

Good points, Jilly. I've always thought his wife was surprising easy going about Jeramy's serial less-than-ideal-husband behavior.

poked around NamUs and found a few possible UIDs but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if JB is hidden well and still hasn’t been found - very convoluted case! (cant tell if any are rule-outs for JB, not logged in rn)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - bone fragments found in a golf course, along with some shorts. I believe this was the closest UID to the state line, where his car was found?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - buried remains with evidence of homicide.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - remains found in a lake, few inches shorter than JB but still a tall man. Actually has a clothing description. Was JB’s clothing known?

Not really bringing anything new or surprising to this, but the Burt disappearance initially brings the French Orsaz case (aka ‘les disparues de Mirepoix’) to mind: embittered ex girlfriend recruits new boyfriend to kill ex (having spun him tales of abuse/violence); lures him to a meeting where the new boyfriend ambushes and kills him before disposing of the car and body. In the Mirepoix case Christophe Orsaz’s daughter was also killed, simply because she accompanied her father to the meeting/ambush.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back