The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
5522E26F-7C15-443F-AC7D-756EEAF5EB91.jpeg F19B0F14-1B32-4BBF-8045-5E63A22DE1BE.jpeg

What does she have in her purse?

Practical items she carries include her reading glasses, a handkerchief, mints and a fountain pen

Only Her Majesty knows for sure, but well-informed opinion suggests that along with her reading glasses, other practical must-haves include a handkerchief, mints and a fountain pen – not to forget a portable hook which is used to hang the bag neatly under tables.

Phil Dampier, the author of What's In The Queen's Handbag: And Other Royal Secrets, told HELLO! that she carries treats for her much-loved corgis, "sometimes a crossword cut from a newspaper by a servant in case she has time to kill" and "a throwback to her days as a girl guide – a penknife".

Phil adds that the Queen likes to have a diary and a small camera, which she uses "to take pictures of visiting presidents and other VIPs", and that she always makes sure she has a pair of binoculars at horse races.

For royal fans wondering if Her Majesty carries a mobile phone, the answer, says Phil, is no. "She doesn't really use it very often, just when she is driving around Balmoral or Windsor or Sandringham on days off," he says, adding that anyone wanting to get in touch "knows how to contact her!"

What's inside the Queen's handbag and why is it so significant?

Why not show his whole face? So silly to show feet,hands, eyes and not the face.

I think it's silly, too, but it creates drama as the world awaits the official introduction of Baby Archie. Most parents are more than eager to share photos of their new offspring, but the Sussexes are doing things their way, on their terms, and in their own time. Seems we'll have to wait a little longer to see Master Archie.

Last edited:
What does she have in her purse?
I see @gregjrichards has answered the question but there's another reason WHY she carries it with her
18227e8ae60fcc1d5886ed9abdc6d505.jpg

The Real Reason Queen Elizabeth II Carries a Purse All the Time

You’d be hard pressed to find a picture of Her Majesty without one of her signature Launer handbags.

But just as the Queen has a few fascinating secrets about herself, there’s more to these purses than meets the eye.
In a fashion that echoes the suave subtlety of James Bond,:D Queen Elizabeth uses her purse to send secret messages to her staff.

giphy.gif
These signals help her get out of conversations at any time she pleases.
If the Queen moves her classic handbag from its normal spot on her left arm to her right arm while she’s talking with someone, her handlers know that she wants to wrap it up. Putting her bag on the floor is a sign that she needs to be saved from an uncomfortable encounter ASAP. If she’s at dinner and places it on the table, that means she wants to end the event in the next five minutes.

As for what the Queen keeps in her bag, the items aren’t all that different from what normal women carry with them: a mirror, lipstick, mint lozenges, and reading glasses

The Real Reason Queen Elizabeth Carries a Purse All the Time

Archie Harrison christening details CONFIRMED: When, where, and who’s going

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry have confirmed the details for the christening of their son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Here is everything we know.

The couple have chosen St George’s Chapel for the christening, the same venue they were married in.

:rolleyes: The service is due to take place in July, with the exact date yet to be confirmed.

Archie will wear the traditional Windsor garment for the day, a replica of the Honiton lace christening gown commissioned by Queen Victoria for the baptism of her first child, Princess Victoria, in 1841.

Archie Harrison christening details CONFIRMED: When, where, and who’s going | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Why not show his whole face? So silly to show feet,hands, eyes and not the face.
It's more artistic!

It's Fathers Day so Harrys hand & wedding ring needs to be focused on as well. That's kinda the point ;)

You can see most of his face, I like the pic :D
& I also agree with @Cappuccino as so bravely stated
It'll just be a picture of a baby.

2073BE11-22C8-4C1D-8797-707032F0E112.jpeg

Just a friendly reminder we are not to discuss surrogacy and the royal baby as there is no evidence to suggest it is true. I really don’t want the thread shut down.

I personally think it is crazy to think that the picture of Archie is of a fake baby and it is a headline that the ridiculous Globe Magazine might print. Does anyone really believe that the Royal family could fake something like this and it would not be leaked by someone? It was definitely a real baby in the photo above and it will be a real baby at the christening too.

Archie Harrison christening details CONFIRMED: When, where, and who’s going

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry have confirmed the details for the christening of their son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Here is everything we know.

The couple have chosen St George’s Chapel for the christening, the same venue they were married in.

:rolleyes: The service is due to take place in July, with the exact date yet to be confirmed.

Archie will wear the traditional Windsor garment for the day, a replica of the Honiton lace christening gown commissioned by Queen Victoria for the baptism of her first child, Princess Victoria, in 1841.

Archie Harrison christening details CONFIRMED: When, where, and who’s going | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

OMG! I knew it!! Hahahaha

I’m good :D:D

<modsnip>

I think it’s quite brilliant that video I posted earlier of Harry’s christening you can see how bald he was and then the picture they posted of Archie and his baldness and peach fuzziness too and the EYES, it was like WHOA!!!

(Honestly I was expecting a head full of dark hair I don’t know why I just did. They had his hat on so low and full coverage at the photo call it was just what was in my head lol)

Might be a chance for a little ginger after all!

Last edited by a moderator:
35321758-2EB1-4F7D-A214-E78B153C08A8.jpeg

Did Prince Philip tell Harry 'One steps out with actresses, one doesn't marry them' as he warned him against tying the knot with Meghan?

Prince Philip allegedly told Harry that 'One steps out with actresses, one doesn't marry them', as he was warned against tying the knot with Meghan Markle.

Philip, 98, is thought to have made the comments when it became clear the couple were becoming serious.

It is also understood that Harry's brother William may have given his own piece of relationship advice.

As reported by The Sunday Times, he is said to have asked Harry 'Are you sure?', in reference to Meghan, shortly before the Duke of Sussex proposed in 2017

Did Prince Philip tell Harry 'One steps out with actresses, one doesn't marry them'? | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 189183

Did Prince Philip tell Harry 'One steps out with actresses, one doesn't marry them' as he warned him against tying the knot with Meghan?

Prince Philip allegedly told Harry that 'One steps out with actresses, one doesn't marry them', as he was warned against tying the knot with Meghan Markle.

Philip, 98, is thought to have made the comments when it became clear the couple were becoming serious.

It is also understood that Harry's brother William may have given his own piece of relationship advice.

As reported by The Sunday Times, he is said to have asked Harry 'Are you sure?', in reference to Meghan, shortly before the Duke of Sussex proposed in 2017

Did Prince Philip tell Harry 'One steps out with actresses, one doesn't marry them'? | Daily Mail Online
He probably did. However, I like Diana's quote better. That's who I think Harry listened to.
"If you find someone you love in life, you must hang onto it, and look after it, and if you were lucky enough to find someone who loved you, then you must protect it.”
moo

<modsnip>

I am not a fan of the baby picture as others are. Sorry. Lighting is not great. The sepia tone makes it look too much like a sonogram. It doesn’t look fresh like the one with Archie’s little feet. But that’s just me.

It looks like it might have been a spontaneous pic, with Instagram filter for mystery...

I see his little eyebrows are light. Archie could start out blond as many brunettes do. Or, he’s strawberry like his Dad. Too early to tell. -Imo.

<modsnip>

I am not a fan of the baby picture as others are. Sorry. Lighting is not great. The sepia tone makes it look too much like a sonogram. It doesn’t look fresh like the one with Archie’s little feet. But that’s just me.

It looks like it might have been a spontaneous pic, with Instagram filter for mystery...

I see his little eyebrows are light. Archie could start out blond as many brunettes do. Or, he’s strawberry like his Dad. Too early to tell. -Imo.

Never been a fan of sepia myself, and I can agree not the best pic (spontaneous probably; agreed)

I’m just a fan that they posted a pic at all! Lol

<modsnip>

I’m not a fan of the artistic Instagram photos either it’s the photos of babies feet that parents post really baffle me. I’m glad the Duke and Duchess of Sussex didn’t copy that. Admittedly I’m not a good photographer I can’t even get my cat to look at me for his Instagram account photos.

View attachment 189151

KensingtonRoyal/Instagram

Duke of Cambridge and Prince Louis picture posted for Father’s Day.

This is adorable!

Anyone notice at Trooping that Prince Louis’ hair seems to be growing in blonde? From earlier pics of him I thought he would be brunette like Charlotte and his mom
F1F207C4-9B02-435F-ACA4-245CAE0A7EFE.jpeg 80097F16-0C77-44D0-AE31-800CA149D4E4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes