Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the location on the map where they were found? How far away from MW's home, work, phone pings? What led them there? Did he talk?
Law enforcement is not saying. They managed to pull off the search yesterday, search for two hours, process the scene, and remove the bodies all without attracting the attention of the media or anyone that would contact the media to tip them off.

Police find bodies of missing Salem mother, 3-year-old boy | Salem Reporter

The bodies were found Saturday about 10 miles west of Yamhill. The town is about nine miles south on Oregon Highway 47 from where Wolfe lives. Police had earlier focused their search in remote areas around Hopewell, including searching several ponds. Authorities didn't disclose what led them to that area, and the statement Sunday provided no details on how the new search site was identified.

Police “searched the heavily wooded and very remote area for about two hours before locating two bodies,” according to a joint news release from the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office, the Salem Police Department and the Yamhill County District Attorney’s Office.

The search was conducted by members of the Yamhill County Search and Rescue, Washington County Search and Rescue, North Oregon Search and Rescue, Mountain Wave Search and Rescue, McMinnville Fire Department, the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police and the Yamhill City Police Department.​

Law enforcement is not saying. They managed to pull off the search yesterday, search for two hours, process the scene, and remove the bodies all without attracting the attention of the media or anyone that would contact the media to tip them off.

The bodies were found Saturday about 10 miles west of Yamhill. The town is about nine miles south on Oregon Highway 47 from where Wolfe lives. Police had earlier focused their search in remote areas around Hopewell, including searching several ponds. Authorities didn't disclose what led them to that area, and the statement Sunday provided no details on how the new search site was identified.

Police “searched the heavily wooded and very remote area for about two hours before locating two bodies,” according to a joint news release from the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office, the Salem Police Department and the Yamhill County District Attorney’s Office.

The search was conducted by members of the Yamhill County Search and Rescue, Washington County Search and Rescue, North Oregon Search and Rescue, Mountain Wave Search and Rescue, McMinnville Fire Department, the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police and the Yamhill City Police Department.​

I saw only modest activity in the area.

The Sheriff obviously had specific information to lead them to the victims.

Perhaps they interogated the GPS navigation system in MW's vehicle?

I bet the gun that was used to murder KF went into the furnace at Cascade Steele.

I saw only modest activity in the area.

The Sheriff obviously had specific information to lead them to the victims.

Perhaps they interogated the GPS navigation system in MW's vehicle?

I bet the gun that was used to murder KF went into the furnace at Cascade Steele.

Yep yep yep! I totally agree that the gun went in the furnace! That might be going somewhere really hot too.
Rest in peace Karissa and Billy :(

From the article:

[...]

The sheriff’s office says ongoing efforts by detectives on Saturday led searchers to a remote area of Yamhill County, about 10 miles west of the city of Yamhill.

[...]

They searched the heavily wooded and remote area for about two hours before finding two bodies.

[...]

On Sunday, the bodies were positively identified as Karissa and Billy Fretwell.

Karissa’s cause of death was determined to be from a single gunshot to the head, and the manner of death was determined to be homicide.

The cause and manner of death of Billy is yet to be determined, pending additional testing.

[...]

Wolfe is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.

[...]

So sad! It says Karissa died from a gunshot wound and the cause of death for little Billy has not yet been determined. I hope they did not suffer.

I don’t think I want to know Billy’s cause of death. It’s all so heartbreaking. How anyone could harm that cute little boy (or any child) is beyond me. I hope they didn’t know what was coming.

I don’t think I want to know Billy’s cause of death. It’s all so heartbreaking. How anyone could harm that cute little boy (or any child) is beyond me. I hope they didn’t know what was coming.

Me too. The fact that it is not immediately available makes me wonder if the Dad did something to make Karissa suffer by harming their son while she was forced to watch. I just hope Billy did not witness his mom's death. We will never know but I'm going to hang on to that thought.

Allegedly killed by the father of her son. Identified on Father's Day. What a base human being. I am so glad they are found so their families can bury them with love and care rather than the disregard for their life that the murderer had.

I am so so sorry to read this. You hang on to hope that just maybe, they would be found alive, even though the odds were against it. What monster kills a child, then the Mommy. So disgusted by this.

Rest in peace, Karissa and Billy. Thoughts and prayers to their loved ones and friends.

They were abducted. No one heard a gun shot at her apartment. They must have suspected that they were going to get killed during thr drive.

BTW, MW was gone from work long enough to drive to Salem, abduct mother and child, drive to the area West of Yamhil, commit the murders then may be drive back to MacMinniville in 5 hours. MW did not have enough time to linger near Hopewell. MW may have had an accomplice who disposed of the bodies while he was at work.

Expect more arrests.

I said it in the beginning but that sighting on hwy47 by a traveler who sawWolfe on that hwy was credible. Tons of remote places around there

I believe he took them from the apartment alive, then killed her in remote area of Hopewell. It's ag land and quiet at 2am. Maybe killed Billy or maybe just drugged him to sleep. Hopewell is on the road between West Salem and his work in McMinnville. He went back to work to establish his alibi. He had the next 4 days off and very likely took them to an area he either knew about from hunting deer or from fire fighting or fire training from when he was with the Gaston Fire Department.

I believe he took them from the apartment alive, then killed her in remote area of Hopewell. It's ag land and quiet at 2am. Maybe killed Billy or maybe just drugged him to sleep. Hopewell is on the road between West Salem and his work in McMinnville. He went back to work to establish his alibi. He had the next 4 days off and very likely took them to an area he either knew about from hunting deer or from fire fighting or fire training from when he was with the Gaston Fire Department.
I think he put the bodies where they were found on the same night. He would have no way of knowing that it would be 4 days before Karissa and Billy would be reported missing. For example: Her babysitter for Billy had him on Tuesdays and that obviously didn't occur. Her job would know she didn't show up on Tuesday. Any of her family members could have been trying to get a hold of Karissa for something important. Too many variables for someone to count on having a lot of time to move bodies after the fact and he had to know he would be one of the very first persons law enforcement would want to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member