GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movies are very informative

3 basic reasons for murder: Money-Love-Revenge...........others reasons can be filed under each of these

well its not the 2nd and 3rd

If you were to kill someone how would you do it:

Find isolated place, create confusion, make sure there are others with motive

Welp, they forgot to do that 3rd part

If SS has accountants looking at the finances again.........he knows and he's looking for something to nail them with

Its where no one is looking, if SS said all his investigations have "turned out to be nothing" its because it's not, its right under our noses/his nose...........it's what he's NOT been looking at

It's likely real simple, SS is just waiting for someone to lose it and spill the beans '

There is no other dna in the house , SS has stated that time and again

Can ya fly a drone, Tj ?? Or maybe enlist a friend who is skilled? A Birdseye view would really give us a great view!!

The video I linked above was rare as most do not show treetops rising out of the water (nearly mid-lake). But, I am curious where that video was taken.

Most videos (I found on YT) show a very tree-free lake.

Just felt it was important to note that!

The way they were both killed says RAGE. But who would hate them that much? SS has said before that he thinks this was extortion or the killers thought the Dermonds had something but they didn't have it. Well extortion would be done over time, they wouldn't go over there and try to extort them and have them say no to all demands and then decide to kill them right there. If they were trying to extort them they might beat them down as a warning but they'd be stupid to kill them because as the saying goes that would be like getting blood from a stone. For the killers to think the Dermonds had something they didn't end up having what could this be? They left expensive things in the house and for all we know they didn't really look for anything so what could they have thought the Dermonds would have that they didn't have? Money? Nah if they were after money they would have taken something of value. Art or an antique? they would have looked for that and apparently they didn't.

This leads us back to rage or revenge. Why would they behead RD and bash in the skull of SD? Rage or revenge would be my guess. Obviously no sane thinking person would do this you'd have to be very mad at someone to smash in their skull or behead a person. Beheading was because they wanted to hide evidence? Not likely because even though the cops would have the bullet they'd still need the gun to compare it to. Much easier to melt the gun down or destroy it somehow than to behead someone.

Just my opinion as always I could be wrong.

Someone asked them for money and they refused?! Someone they gave money to before and refused this time?
Someone they loaned money to/financed, perhaps years ago, and they asked to be repaid?
Perhaps wanted to change the Will to give their 1st son's offspring one quarter, rather than the 'small amount' that SS said that that person received, and someone had issue with that?
Or conversely, the offspring *wanted* one quarter, but wasn't getting it?
But yeah, I agree, no need to cut someone's head off, right?? Wouldn't simply 'dead' suffice?

The way they were both killed says RAGE. But who would hate them that much? SS has said before that he thinks this was extortion or the killers thought the Dermonds had something but they didn't have it. Well extortion would be done over time, they wouldn't go over there and try to extort them and have them say no to all demands and then decide to kill them right there. If they were trying to extort them they might beat them down as a warning but they'd be stupid to kill them because as the saying goes that would be like getting blood from a stone. For the killers to think the Dermonds had something they didn't end up having what could this be? They left expensive things in the house and for all we know they didn't really look for anything so what could they have thought the Dermonds would have that they didn't have? Money? Nah if they were after money they would have taken something of value. Art or an antique? they would have looked for that and apparently they didn't.

This leads us back to rage or revenge. Why would they behead RD and bash in the skull of SD? Rage or revenge would be my guess. Obviously no sane thinking person would do this you'd have to be very mad at someone to smash in their skull or behead a person. Beheading was because they wanted to hide evidence? Not likely because even though the cops would have the bullet they'd still need the gun to compare it to. Much easier to melt the gun down or destroy it somehow than to behead someone.

Just my opinion as always I could be wrong.
I think if it had been a robber/extortion thing they'd have ransacked the house too possibly looking for SOMETHING worthwhile and of course they were stupid if they didnt do their homework first so I think NO, it wasnt this............but of course we dont know if there was ONE thing like a half a million dollar coin or something, the family would have known about that though, or some kind of legal document that no one may have known of.........just throwing things out there.........I jsut dont think it was this though, IMO

Hockey I have to say, anyone who beheads someone is not sane, even if they appear sane, they may have something in the frontal lobe thats screwed up and have no moral compass or feelings for others.............these people know how to act......or try to act, they know what society EXPECTS of them so they put on this facade and this or htese people are probalby looked at as very nice guy/gal (s) to the general public or aquaintences..........they know the right words to say to appear polite and decent

On another note.............I was looking this up when i came on here and saw these latest posts............

in regards to guns

I DID NOT KNOW THIS
6 Remarkable Ways Guns Can Be Linked To A Crime Scene | The Forensic Outreach Library
4. Hidden fingerprints
A gunman will finger bullets as he loads them into a cylinder or magazine, and leave tiny quantities of salty sweat with each touch. When a bullet is fired away from its casing, tremendous heat is instantly transferred to that metal, vaporising the moisture and setting the salts from those prints. The salts become molten and a chemical reaction with the metal etches the fingerprints permanently into the casing.

----- I Guess they could have used gloves though,............

but if someone knew this then they wouldnt have shot him or would have used gloves to load the cartridge or chamber........so still not sure it was to hide evidence from a bullet.......

unless that gun had happened in the commision of some other unsolved crime...........

BUT THEN AGAIN, with all their planning, WHY USE THE SAME GUN from another crime that can be traced to you

So we know that RD had GSR on his collar, very little IIRC...........so that indicates touch transfer or gunshot from some distance......mustve been a good shot

QUESTION: was there GSR in the garage anywhere? Was it tested? I cant believe RD was shot and there was ONLY a little GSR on his collar

FOr now Im sticking with that it was transfer from the perp who either hit RD in the back of the neck with the butt of a gun to stop him from wresting SD from the other person or soemthing

Makes more sense to me and that the perp was likely bitten

I wonder if anyone noticed any bite marks or cuts on any of their lake friends or friends of the family after this crime

SO much could have been missed in this investigation...........too sad

Last edited:
I think if it had been a robber/extortion thing they'd have ransacked the house too possibly looking for SOMETHING worthwhile and of course they were stupid if they didnt do their homework first so I think NO, it wasnt this............but of course we dont know if there was ONE thing like a half a million dollar coin or something, the family would have known about that though, or some kind of legal document that no one may have known of.........just throwing things out there.........I jsut dont think it was this though, IMO

Hockey I have to say, anyone who beheads someone is not sane, even if they appear sane, they may have something in the frontal lobe thats screwed up and have no moral compass or feelings for others.............these people know how to act......or try to act, they know what society EXPECTS of them so they put on this facade and this or htese people are probalby looked at as very nice guy/gal (s) to the general public or aquaintences..........they know the right words to say to appear polite and decent

On another note.............I was looking this up when i came on here and saw these latest posts............

in regards to guns

I DID NOT KNOW THIS
6 Remarkable Ways Guns Can Be Linked To A Crime Scene | The Forensic Outreach Library
4. Hidden fingerprints
A gunman will finger bullets as he loads them into a cylinder or magazine, and leave tiny quantities of salty sweat with each touch. When a bullet is fired away from its casing, tremendous heat is instantly transferred to that metal, vaporising the moisture and setting the salts from those prints. The salts become molten and a chemical reaction with the metal etches the fingerprints permanently into the casing.

----- I Guess they could have used gloves though,............

but if someone knew this then they wouldnt have shot him or would have used gloves to load the cartridge or chamber........so still not sure it was to hide evidence from a bullet.......

unless that gun had happened in the commision of some other unsolved crime...........

BUT THEN AGAIN, with all their planning, WHY USE THE SAME GUN from another crime that can be traced to you

So we know that RD had GSR on his collar, very little IIRC...........so that indicates touch transfer or gunshot from some distance......mustve been a good shot

QUESTION: was there GSR in the garage anywhere? Was it tested? I cant believe RD was shot and there was ONLY a little GSR on his collar

FOr now Im sticking with that it was transfer from the perp who either hit RD in the back of the neck with the butt of a gun to stop him from wresting SD from the other person or soemthing

Makes more sense to me and that the perp was likely bitten

I wonder if anyone noticed any bite marks or cuts on any of their lake friends or friends of the family after this crime

SO much could have been missed in this investigation...........too sad

Have always thought the perp(s) who beheaded Mr. D were not right in their brains. It takes a very depraved or drug addled individual to do this.

IMHO

Have always thought the perp(s) who beheaded Mr. D were not right in their brains. It takes a very depraved or drug addled individual to do this.

IMHO
Yeah you know how some get the "insanity plea" ? Somethings wrong in there..............none are right at all in the brains to do this sort of thing

I recently stumbled across the unsolved murders of David and Mina Swan, Clearwater FL. Details are not as gruesome and bizarre as the Dermond murders, and the Swans didn't live in a gated community... So there are many many differences. Maybe there are just a lot of unsolved (targeted) murders of older adults??

FL – David, 88, & Mina Swan, 80, Double Murder, Clearwater, 29 SEP 2018

I recently stumbled across the unsolved murders of David and Mina Swan, Clearwater FL. Details are not as gruesome and bizarre as the Dermond murders, and the Swans didn't live in a gated community... So there are many many differences. Maybe there are just a lot of unsolved (targeted) murders of older adults??

FL – David, 88, & Mina Swan, 80, Double Murder, Clearwater, 29 SEP 2018

Good job, f & e! So sad, another case of an elderly couple being murdered in their home, with no signs of a break in. People of their age are unlikely murder victims. Their extended family appears to be large, these are the first persons of interest. Persons with something to gain by the Swans death.

IMHO

Could be someone who was always asking for money, and this time the Dermonds said, No! Yes, a possibility.
Sinking Shirley's body was too risky for a family member wanting their inheritance. If she wasn't found, the killer wouldn't receive any money. Her body could have become tangled in weeds and never surfaced. Her body could have been chopped into pieces by boat propellers or dam turbine and never found.

I can see a grifter, drug-addicted grandchild killing them out of anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff