The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a fashion that echoes the suave subtlety of James Bond,:D Queen Elizabeth uses her purse to send secret messages to her staff.
giphy.gif
I don't know how widely shown the full video ^ clip above was from
( ;) Come on, how many of you thought it was an edited together gif? )
I'm sure it was missed by lots of folk at the time, those who did see it I'm sure will enjoy seeing it again, so here is the full uncut original British classic directed by the great Danny Boyle, staring in her debt film appearance none other than HRH The Queen, alongside her stars Daniel Craig, also special appearances by the Royal Corgis (playing themselves :D )

Filmed on location within London's Buckingham Palace.
disgustingblissfulgoldeneye-max-1mb.gif

I proudly present the 2012 Classic

'James Bond 007: Mission Royale'

I'm sure it was missed by lots of folk at the time, those who did see it I'm sure will enjoy seeing it again, so here is the full uncut original British classic directed by the great Danny Boyle, staring in her debt film appearance none other than HRH The Queen, alongside her stars Daniel Craig, also special appearances by the Royal Corgis (playing themselves :D )

I saw this while watching the Olympics and it so neat that the Queen would go along with it. It shows what a good sense of humor she has and it was priceless. She was so deadpan while sitting in the audience right afterward though. I wanted a grin and a wink!

I love This! I saw it when aired live & was thrilled she had went "all out" so to speak with this little James Bond spoof.

ETA I still got a kick out of seeing it yet again 7 years later!

I saw it when it aired too! And was just gobsmacked and thrilled over it! (You brits are rubbing off on me hahaha)

I have always loved this one too

I saw this while watching the Olympics and it so neat that the Queen would go along with it. It shows what a good sense of humor she has and it was priceless. She was so deadpan while sitting in the audience right afterward though. I wanted a grin and a wink!
She really does seem to have enjoyed it too!
It was pure genius whoever thought of it.
I doubt they expected it to ever truely happen when they came up with the idea :D
Can you imagine touting The Queen with your script lol

:) Here's an article with a bit of background to it:

London 2012: Queen delighted with James Bond role in opening ceremony

The Queen played a starring role in Danny Boyle's £27 million production with Daniel Craig as James Bond...

Her appearance in the pre-recorded film footage showed the pair appearing to skydive into the stadium and was one of the highlights of the night.:D

queen_elizabeth_parachuting_olympic_games_inset.jpg
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the Queen was "very happy" to take part and was "delighted to be asked to be involved in something so exceptional".

The spokesman said the Queen was approached in 2011 asking if she would take part.

She was "very happy" to get involved and the sequences, directed by Danny Boyle, were filmed in March and April this year.

The director previously said the Queen had "made herself more accessible then ever before"

The scenes were filmed in the quadrangle, the Grand Entrance, the East Gallery, the Audience Room and the West Terrace, Buckingham Palace said...

They even starred her own dogs – including 13-year-old Monty, previously owned by the Queen Mother, nine-year-old Holly, and a third corgi, Willow.

..And while the Queen was said to have "immensely enjoyed" the experience, her role did not include parachuting out of the helicopter, nor climbing into it. < :eek: Nooo! all my illusions now have been shattered>

London 2012: Queen delighted with James Bond role in opening ceremony

:D Nah, they just poison them instead.
giphy.gif

With that comment, I can’t resist posting Tom Lehrer singing “Poisoning Pigeons in the Park.” :D

My cousins and I were big fans back in the day and had all his records. I can still sing some of his songs 60 years later. I’m not sure what that says about me...;)
Tom Lehrer - Wikipedia

Hhhmm, can we consider that calendar question -- reversed?

If I wanted HRH Great-Grandma at my baby's christening, I'd ask about available dates.

July 3 is a Wednesday, July 9 is a Tuesday. Several other days available....

I wondered about picking another date for the christening when the Queen would be available, but there are other schedules to consider too...Harry, Charles and Camilla, Will and Kate, Doria, etc. It may have been impossible to schedule everyone on the same day before the Queen leaves for Balmoral. I’m sure they tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288