Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, June 7th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 2:30pm CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains & charged (3/1/19) & arraigned (3/27/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty to all charges. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial to start 6/17/19 thru 7/5/19
Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 5/17/19 reference post #374 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

5/22/19: Next trial starts 6/17.
5/31/19 Update: Trail is seeking to stay at a state prison in Lincoln during his upcoming trial because of a recent heart attack and stroke. In a legal motion filed Friday, his attorney asked a judge to allow Trail, who now uses a wheelchair, to be housed at the State Diagnostic and Evaluation Center in Lincoln because it has a skilled-nursing unit. He fears that he could die if he is returned to the County Jail, where he said the policy is to withhold medications until they are approved by a County Jail physician. Next Motions hearing on 6/7.
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (8/6/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial starts 10/15/19 thru 11/1/19.
Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 3/19/19 reference post #348 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3
Next Status hearing on 4/17. 4/17/19: Waives speedy trial. Next hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/15.

Aubrey Trail does not appear at scheduled court hearing

WILBER, Nebraska -- Aubrey Trail did not appear at his scheduled court case on Friday afternoon, where he was expected to plead guilty to one of multiple felony charges.

aubrey-trail-courtroom.JPG

Trail was expected to plead guilty to improper disposal of skeletal remains in Saline County District Court, but did not appear.

Documents filed in Saline County District Court on Thursday by Trail's Attorney Benjamin Murray showed he planned to change his plea to guilty on the improper disposal of human remains charge.

Trail is currently being held in Lincoln at the Diagnostic and Evaluation Center and claimed he was too ill to appear in court.

It all just hit me in a tweet i was reading by a local reporter. IMO, The only reason he wanted to plead guilty, is so they did not have to show the crime scene photos of sydney after the dismembered her and dumped her.

“Trail has pleaded not guilty to a charge of first-degree murder, saying that Loofe was killed accidentally. He recently asked to change his plea on a lesser charge, improper disposal of human remains, to guilty. But consideration of that was postponed because of his absence in court on Friday.”

That’s all it really says about being postponed.

Also interesting was this:

“But on Friday, Saline County deputies declined to transport Trail from a state prison facility because of a health problem, according to one of his court-appointed attorneys, Joe Murray.”

So did he refuse or did the deputies refuse to bring him?

Curious if AB pleads guilty to the lesser charge of improper disposal of human remains and BB is still charged with that crime will she still be tried on that count
Also if AB delays the guilty plea till a few days before trial will that also delay the trial date of June 17
I live within an hour of the trial and have contemplated attending a few days if that is even possible but not sure I could stomach looking at him

Curious if AB pleads guilty to the lesser charge of improper disposal of human remains and BB is still charged with that crime will she still be tried on that count
Also if AB delays the guilty plea till a few days before trial will that also delay the trial date of June 17
I live within an hour of the trial and have contemplated attending a few days if that is even possible but not sure I could stomach looking at him

I believe instead of AB - you meant AT??

From what I can see on the court schedule this still on to start tomorrow. As I have no experience in attending murder trials (probably a good thing) but would like to attend at least a few times as it is within an hour for me- would like some guidance from someone with legal experience on when would be the best time to attend. I would assume the first day or so would just be going over charges but don’t know for sure

Monday, June 17th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains & charged (3/1/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial to start 6/17/19 thru 7/5/19
6/11/19 Update: Saline County District Judge Vicky Johnson denied Trail's motion (to stay in State prison re health reasons), but ruled that such decisions are up to the Saline County Sheriff, Alan Moore, because it's his responsibility to arrange housing for inmates in his custody.
6/17/19 Update: Change of Plea as to Count 2 @ 8am, trial starts at 9am.
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) – Next Pretrial hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/25 thru 11/1/19.

From what I can see on the court schedule this still on to start tomorrow. As I have no experience in attending murder trials (probably a good thing) but would like to attend at least a few times as it is within an hour for me- would like some guidance from someone with legal experience on when would be the best time to attend. I would assume the first day or so would just be going over charges but don’t know for sure

Probably today will start with jury selection. So not much going on. Probably after the jury is selected - you should go to Opening statements. And take good notes! LOL! We love having someone there in the actual court room.

Probably today will start with jury selection. So not much going on. Probably after the jury is selected - you should go to Opening statements. And take good notes! LOL! We love having someone there in the actual court room.

I live in omaha and would really be interested also. I would like to see opening for prosecution or when they present the evidence backing up the charges. I want to know the whole truth. Curious about how many witnesses. Been waito g for this for almost 2 years. Sydney deserved much much better.

This absolutely breaks my heart. I haven't followed this thread for awhile so mods please forgive me if the fb page I'm liking isn't an official page but her mom's post from the Celebrating Sydney page is so sad...

Celebrating Sydney Loofe

I'm referencing the part where she basically says that there's stuff that's gonna come out negative about Sydney and not to judge. :(. We all know that defense attorneys are gonna use whatever they can stretch and it breaks my heart that her mom feels that way. The two dirtsbags charged in this horrible crime anger me immensely. May they both rot in prison forevermore.

This absolutely breaks my heart. I haven't followed this thread for awhile so mods please forgive me if the fb page I'm liking isn't an official page but her mom's post from the Celebrating Sydney page is so sad...

Celebrating Sydney Loofe

I'm referencing the part where she basically says that there's stuff that's gonna come out negative about Sydney and not to judge. :(. We all know that defense attorneys are gonna use whatever they can stretch and it breaks my heart that her mom feels that way. The two dirtsbags charged in this horrible crime anger me immensely. May they both rot in prison forevermore.
I read the same post this morning. Breaks my heart too that she is worried about anyone being judgmental of Sydney. No matter how this all transpired Sydney bears no blame- only the 2 monsters who did this
There are no excuses no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members