Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he put the bodies where they were found on the same night. He would have no way of knowing that it would be 4 days before Karissa and Billy would be reported missing. For example: Her babysitter for Billy had him on Tuesdays and that obviously didn't occur. Her job would know she didn't show up on Tuesday. Any of her family members could have been trying to get a hold of Karissa for something important. Too many variables for someone to count on having a lot of time to move bodies after the fact and he had to know he would be one of the very first persons law enforcement would want to talk to.

He likely texted her work on her phone to buy time then disposed of the bodies on the 14th while his wife was at work.

I’m so sad to see this but at the same time glad they’ve been found so they can properly be put to rest and family can have a tiny bit of peace. Prayers and thoughts going out to the family and friends of beautiful Karissa and sweet Billy.

At the moment, I have no words that I can post about the who did this to them.
:mad::(

So sad! It says Karissa died from a gunshot wound and the cause of death for little Billy has not yet been determined. I hope they did not suffer.
I would guess strangulation or smothering of the little guy -- holding a hand over the boy's nose and mouth. It at least may have been quick for both victims. Small mercies, let's hope.
At least they've got a suspect already in custody. He's in Big Trouble -- two alleged murders, and one of them is a young child. Juries don't like that sort of thing. Murder and kidnapping. SMH.
And for what? What's the real motive in this one?

I would guess strangulation or smothering of the little guy -- holding a hand over the boy's nose and mouth. It at least may have been quick for both victims. Small mercies, let's hope.
At least they've got a suspect already in custody. He's in Big Trouble -- two alleged murders, and one of them is a young child. Juries don't like that sort of thing. Murder and kidnapping. SMH.
And for what? What's the real motive in this one?
The motive is saving $900 per month in child support. Sick man. Imo

Anyone know the location on the map where they were found? How far away from MW's home, work, phone pings? What led them there? Did he talk?
His phone led them there - though he could've talked. He must have GPS on his phone. I don't know how precise GPS is on a phone- meaning how many feet in all directions can the location be pinpointed. They've been working on finding the precise location for a month, so it must not be pinpoint accurate.
The motive is saving $900 per month in child support. Sick man. Imo
And I'll bet he wishes he could take it all back - he'd be happy to pay the $900.

His phone led them there - though he could've talked. He must have GPS on his phone. I don't know how precise GPS is on a phone- meaning how many feet in all directions can the location be pinpointed. They've been working on finding the precise location for a month, so it must not be pinpoint accurate.

And I'll bet he wishes he could take it all back - he'd be happy to pay the $900.

GPS Location accuracy is about 10 yards

GPS Location accuracy is about 10 yards
Maybe the police got a satellite photo of the area - a before the incident and an after the incident, to look for disturbed earth. In the Mcstay case, after the bodies were found, a satellite photo surfaced of before and after the graves were dug. We could clearly see the graves in the after photo.

"She's going to be very missed," Brown told KOIN 6 News hours after authorities said they found the bodies of the young mother and little boy in rural woods in Yamhill County.

"It's just disgusting, the thought that especially with how hot it's been, just left out there," she said. "At least they were together."

"I think it's just a reminder to everyone not to take life for granted, enjoy the little things," she said. "Actually I had a dream about her 2 nights ago, and I don't remember exactly what she said, and we were just walking together, and I was just asking if she was OK, and she said she was OK."

"Billy didn't get to live life, didn't get to do anything."

'Billy didn't get to live life'

A message from President Fuller:

Dear WOU community,

I am devastated to learn that missing WOU student Karissa Fretwell, and her young son, have been found deceased. I know I wasn’t alone in wishing for a joyful outcome for Karissa, Billy and their loved ones.

Western Oregon Univ. on Twitter

My thoughts are with all who knew and cared for them. I know our community will come together and support each other in this difficult time.

KARISSA FRETWELL: Searchers find bodies of mother, son in rural Yamhill County | Salem Reporter

Students, please reach out to the Student Health and Counseling Center for support:

http://wou.edu/health

Employees in need of support can contact EAP counselors 24/7 at 503-588–0777 in Salem or 503-639–3009 for Portland.

There are also local and national crisis resources available here:

Oregon Health Authority : Crisis Lines : Suicide Prevention : State of Oregon

The affidavit for probable cause states that MW left his work several times, which means he lied to LE about finishing his shift. He's seen leaving at 8:45pm. Then returns at 2:35am with a white trash type bag and then leaves again at 2:52am. Then at 4:34am his phone pings in an area consistent with him being back at his residence. I think that's when he drove 10 miles west of Yamhill and disposed of the bodies - in that hour and a half window. I think they were both already dead before he was caught on camera walking to work with the white trash bag. He probably went to confront her around 9pm, took them somewhere (Hopewell?) and killed them both. Then tried to pretend he was still at work, but for some reason couldn't even finish his shift to keep up appearances.

The text message sent from her phone later in the afternoon of the 14th from an area close to his home is pretty damning, too.

I also think someone talked. Either the wife or MW himself (maybe to do a deal to get the DP off the table). The area is a just too remote and wooded for it not to have been a detailed tip or confession.

I can't get over this disgusting man killing his own sweet innocent child. It's bad enough he murdered poor Karissa. From the accounts I've read from other places, he really does seem like a narcissistic controlling creep. I hope that now that they have the bodies, they can prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa