GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was over on 6 June, I noticed that the memorial had moved from the woods across the road to the grass plot. I was wondering why this was done.

I can understand people not wanting to be reminded of the atrocious act. How are these types of memorials normally handled? It should be a community decision really, I would think.

I think the bench is a lovely gesture,although it could be in a much nicer position.
I would also expect people to lay flowers at the spot where Alesha was found next month on the anniversary of her death,but it sounds like the "shrine" has just been moved from place to place and is becoming an eyesore,no one will ever forget Alesha on Bute,and there is a beautiful permanent memorial there for her,the islanders should be allowed to move forward and try to get back some kind of normal IMO.

I can understand people not wanting to be reminded of the atrocious act. How are these types of memorials normally handled? It should be a community decision really, I would think.

I agree with them not wanting a constant reminder of it, yep, but I was under the impression this was a temporary memorial until another one was placed elsewhere.

I wonder if we'll hear something new in the Appeal? Is that allowed ?
I'm not sure, the appeal is against the sentence and basically they look at all the evidence given during trial, the reports for sentencing and decide if the sentence was just based on that information.
My logic (which sometimes isn't very logical) tells me if there was new evidence then there would be an appeal against the conviction but of course he confessed so he can't appeal the conviction.

Bute loses the newspaper that was at the island’s heart for 165 years

Last year the community had to deal with the rape and murder of six-year-old Alesha MacPhail by Aaron Campbell, 16. Angela Haggerty, a journalist and commentator who was born and raised on Bute,“Not long ago the Buteman would have played a key role in the healing process of the community following the murder of Alesha, but not now.

This is still a vibrant island with many of the social challenges associated with working-class communities. An authentic local newspaper would be at the heart of this.”

Last edited:
Bute loses the newspaper that was at the island’s heart for 165 years

Last year the community had to deal with the rape and murder of six-year-old Alesha MacPhail by Aaron Campbell, 16. Angela Haggerty, a journalist and commentator who was born and raised on Bute,“Not long ago the Buteman would have played a key role in the healing process of the community following the murder of Alesha, but not now.

This is still a vibrant island with many of the social challenges associated with working-class communities. An authentic local newspaper would be at the heart of this.”
Angela Haggerty !!! Don’t make me laugh !!!! Poison ivy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah