GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, the appeal is against the sentence and basically they look at all the evidence given during trial, the reports for sentencing and decide if the sentence was just based on that information.
My logic (which sometimes isn't very logical) tells me if there was new evidence then there would be an appeal against the conviction but of course he confessed so he can't appeal the conviction.
Well that is a strange one right because he confessed after the trial IIRC but, yes he is only appealing against sentence. Perhaps his defence will bring up something that happened when he was young? Do we know why the family moved from Shrewsbury in 2008 when he was 6?

Well that is a strange one right because he confessed after the trial IIRC but, yes he is only appealing against sentence. Perhaps his defence will bring up something that happened when he was young? Do we know why the family moved from Shrewsbury in 2008 when he was 6?
I think, in the article i posted up thread it says it was for a better life. How ironic, they move for a better life and he takes the life of a child.

I'm not sure, the appeal is against the sentence and basically they look at all the evidence given during trial, the reports for sentencing and decide if the sentence was just based on that information.
My logic (which sometimes isn't very logical) tells me if there was new evidence then there would be an appeal against the conviction but of course he confessed so he can't appeal the conviction.

I suppose he could attempt to say the confession was coerced or something else just as ridiculous?!

I was reading this article again ( ok, it's the Sun) and the bit where, allegedly, AC's mum says;

" ..He (AC's father) blamed me and my son blamed me as I was the one who phoned the police.
But I told them I would have just been waiting for the police to come to my door."

It's another insight into AC's overall reaction to the crime.
As far I have seen and to the best of what I've read, AC carried out the most heinous crime; his strange and numerous excusions back and forth to the crime scene, blamed his mother for calling the police, acted very confident and convincing to the arresting officers, denied his guilt with bizarre explanations, admitted guilt at the final stage and mocked poor A's family and now has an Appeal forthcoming.
Has this kind of pattern of behaviour happened before in cases similar to this?
Can a young adult who committed a horrendous murder, be as mercurial in his reactions?
Does this show a mental illness or an immature mind out of control - or both?
My opinion (and not in the Mental Health profession) favours some kind of mental illness.
IMHO
Alesha MacPhail's twisted teen killer disowned behind bars by sickened family

I was reading this article again ( ok, it's the Sun) and the bit where, allegedly, AC's mum says;

" ..He (AC's father) blamed me and my son blamed me as I was the one who phoned the police.
But I told them I would have just been waiting for the police to come to my door."

It's another insight into AC's overall reaction to the crime.
As far I have seen and to the best of what I've read, AC carried out the most heinous crime; his strange and numerous excusions back and forth to the crime scene, blamed his mother for calling the police, acted very confident and convincing to the arresting officers, denied his guilt with bizarre explanations, admitted guilt at the final stage and mocked poor A's family and now has an Appeal forthcoming.
Has this kind of pattern of behaviour happened before in cases similar to this?
Can a young adult who committed a horrendous murder, be as mercurial in his reactions?
Does this show a mental illness or an immature mind out of control - or both?
My opinion (and not in the Mental Health profession) favours some kind of mental illness.
IMHO
Alesha MacPhail's twisted teen killer disowned behind bars by sickened family

Personally I think it just shows someone manipulative who needs to be in control,and would employ whichever strategy looked like it would work.
I dont think he ever expected his mum to tell anyone about the CCTV,or even suspect him and check it at all,so when she did he had to brazen it out and try to find a new strategy. JMO

He definately showed act/s of brazen. It's what's behind the brazeness, manipulation and control?
I found this article - we may have seen it before, it might be sensationalised in places, however it gives some kind of insight into the criminal/psychotic mind of the child. see Eric Smith photo - chilling!

Children who kill - innocent faces behind the evil crimes

He definately showed act/s of brazen. It's what's behind the brazeness, manipulation and control?
I found this article - we may have seen it before, it might be sensationalised in places, however it gives some kind of insight into the criminal/psychotic mind of the child. see Eric Smith photo - chilling!

Children who kill - innocent faces behind the evil crimes

Thanks for sharing,yes Eric Smith's photo definitely gives me the creeps!.
I genuinely believe that AC is a narcissist with psychopathic tendencies, and I would wager a few of the kids on that list have personality disorders, I dont think mental illness played any part in what AC did to Alesha,I believe he is perfectly sane,just devoid of the moral and emotional constraints that would usually stop someone committing such a heinous act.

Thanks for sharing,yes Eric Smith's photo definitely gives me the creeps!.
I genuinely believe that AC is a narcissist with psychopathic tendencies, and I would wager a few of the kids on that list have personality disorders, I dont think mental illness played any part in what AC did to Alesha,I believe he is perfectly sane,just devoid of the moral and emotional constraints that would usually stop someone committing such a heinous act.
Have to say I lean towards mental illness and an inability to control his actions due to that. That is only my instinct and trying to keep an open mind ( not that anyone on here hasn't) as to the heinous actions he carried out - as a child. I would like to read the next health report on him of which I'm sure there will be plenty.

Have to say I lean towards mental illness and an inability to control his actions due to that. That is only my instinct and trying to keep an open mind ( not that anyone on here hasn't) as to the heinous actions he carried out - as a child. I would like to read the next health report on him of which I'm sure there will be plenty.

It will be interesting to see what future reports say,but he was assessed both before and after trial with no mention if the possibility of mental illness.
His potential diagnosis of pschopathywas alluded to in the pre sentencing reports,which seemed to paint a very bleak picture of his tendencies.
Personally I'm not sure I believe a mental illness would cause his actions,certainly not those in the aftermath of the crime,but I am not a doctor so its totally my own opinion.
I think we would all much prefer him to be mentally ill as that lends itself to the possibility of rehabilitation,but sadly I dont think this will turn our to be the case this time:(

That last article was so interesting! Deff worth a read.
The case of William Cornick comes a bit close to AC's in so far as his reactions to the crime.
He was diagnosed with a mental illness and lost an Appeal on those grounds. IMHO

These links show a lot in common with this case;
Teen killer's bizarre first words after stabbing teacher to death in classroom
Teacher killer loses sentence appeal
Could Will Cornick's psychopathic tendencies have been identified before he killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam