Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby has heard the voice before apparently. How weird is it that he cannot place it.
You know that has always stuck with me. I wasn't sure what to make of that but when he was saying it, it was almost as if he was trying very hard to remember where to place that voice.

I can only remember voices that I've heard several times or voices that are significantly different. I wouldn't be able to recognize a voice of say someone I spoke to briefly to at a store yesterday. I would recognize co workers, family, friends, people on TV I hear over and over again.....maybe in his case, because he is LE, someone he has had to deal with before in regard to crime or interviewed before.

Disregard if already discussed, I'm catching up and commenting as I go through the post from the weekend.....

Last edited:
On May 7 Sgt Kim Riley said, "Somebody may have already interviewed him. I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

Here's hoping it really is information they were looking for. The families and so many others are desperate for justice for these two innocent girls.

@janewall, when I first opened my FB, it was open. Then I closed some of posts, then, all. But I know some of my friends still keep their FBs open.

In terms of SA, I would not blame girls for having open SM
. I would blame all these fetish forums, like the one boys and men, like BC, the murderer of YY Z, frequented. All these dark web sites. They create obsessed sex maniacs. You mentioned Libby being 14... at the same age, boys discover *advertiser censored* sites, and today these are not the regular ones, no, they come across stuff that is full of sadistic weirdness. And then they are hooked.

You are right that moms of girls should monitor their daughters’ social media, but moms of boys should also check what sites their boys visit. And cut them off if they are even minimally concerned. It is probably even more important in order to create healthy society.

BBM - I don’t blame them either.

It’s actually not unusual and a lot of people leave their accounts wide open. I’ve mentioned their SM accounts in the past because that is a very easy and difficult to trace way to “know” them. Yes, there is a digital footprint, but if “friends” are just looking and not communicating that’s a lot of people to sift through. Not all SM sites verify info or have a requirement to provide accurate info when creating an account.

BBM - I don’t blame them either.

It’s actually not unusual and a lot of people leave their accounts wide open. I’ve mentioned their SM accounts in the past because that is a very easy and difficult to trace way to “know” them. Yes, there is a digital footprint, but if “friends” are just looking and not communicating that’s a lot of people to sift through. Not all SM sites verify info or have a requirement to provide accurate info when creating an account.

If the FB is open you don't actually have to create an account or join FB. When the box comes up you just click "not now". So would LE be able to trace the "not now" clickers? I don't think so. Then with parents and grandparents not being as media savvy as the kids, it's a playground for perverts IMO.

You know that has always stuck with me. I wasn't sure what to make of that but when he was saying it, it was almost as if he was trying very hard to remember where to place that voice.

I can only remember voices that I've heard several times or voices that are significantly different. I wouldn't be able to recognize a voice of say someone I spoke to briefly to at a store yesterday. I would recognize co workers, family, friends, people on TV I hear over and over again.....maybe in his case, because he is LE, someone he has had to deal with before in regard to crime or interviewed before.

Disregard if already discussed, I'm catching up and commenting as I go through the post from the weekend.....

I often don't recognise voices on the phone. People who say "guess who this is?" often just draw a blank with me. Caller Display is a godsend.

On May 7 Sgt Kim Riley said, "Somebody may have already interviewed him. I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

Here's hoping it really is information they were looking for. The families and so many others are desperate for justice for these two innocent girls.
I find this very conflicting. In one sentence he is saying that the may have interviewed him and in another sentence he is say that the person apparently gave the officers information. Am I reading it wrong?

As a triage nurse I am very aware of voices and can recognize a few callers as soon as I hear their voice, even if months have gone by since they last called. We cover a huge group of offices so we have the potential for over 75,000 people to call in. When you cannot see faces and only hear voices, you would be surprised what you can remember and how easily someone can be identified. Certain people have such unique voices that I could easily pick them out and correctly identify them.

Edit by me: I tried to quote the reply which this should have been attached to. For some reason, it did not work.

You know, he might have had a higher “real” IQ, after all, he served in the Navy. I think he had severe dyslexia, and hence his academic performance was so bad. But officially, you are right, not a smartie.

I think Gary Ridgeway was street smart. He was quiet and observed people and that's how he managed to go undetected all those years.

So darn sad.
Part of the problem was, when a prostitute would disappear, it would take a long while to report her. Too sad. He chose the group that very few genuinely cared about. There was little public outcry because the victims were not beautiful affluent college students, but runaway kids who grew into marginalized adults.

yes, picked on society's most vulnerable population.

As a triage nurse I am very aware of voices and can recognize a few callers as soon as I hear their voice, even if months have gone by since they last called. We cover a huge group of offices so we have the potential for over 75,000 people to call in. When you cannot see faces and only hear voices, you would be surprised what you can remember and how easily someone can be identified. Certain people have such unique voices that I could easily pick them out and correctly identify them.

Edit by me: I tried to quote the reply which this should have been attached to. For some reason, it did not work.
That is an interesting observation. Maybe that is why he can't place the voice as he is trying to place it to a face rather than just a voice familiar to him from phone conversations.

To add to that is the fact that the reward money is so high, I think over $200, $240 grand.

That’s a lot of cash especially around here, that’s a nice house and a new truck.

This guy can’t be so highly regarded that if someone knew, would not turn him in for that kind of pay out. People kill people for a lot less than that.

This is what leads me to believe that he has not told anyone what he did.

If local, he sure blends in well and dresses typically for the area. The sketches are just sketch’s and the video released just isn’t clear enough to really make out his features (pure luck for BG).

My opinion of course, I think he is local, familiar with the trail area and bridge but lives just on the outskirts of town, alone or with elderly parents.

I doubt he's bragged to any friends, his parents may suspect or know. He may have confessed to a religious figure in Delphi and they chose not to talk to LE.
So, his parents or a priest, a pastor may not care if there's a reward or not.

<modsnip: quoted post and reference to it was removed>

... what if . . . adults in the killer's life, as he was growing up, not only had reason to have certain serious concerns about his demeanor, behavior, emotional state, etc., but they VOICED these concerns (carefully, legally, e.g., a counselor, a doctor) to the kid's parent(s), but the parent(s) were in such denial then (and maybe still are now), that they totally blew it off, laughed it off as absurd, or the like????

I agree. Wouldn't a doctor report BG then? Or his counselors?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Much like the OG sketch, it seems that half the men in Indiana within that age group resemble the sketch. My ex from Logansport is a dead ringer for the new sketch. I don't think he did it, though, since my ex died 8 years ago...

This seems to be a regional Delphi look: reddish brown hair, maybe fair skin with freckles, light or brown eyes. Pointed chin.

If, as some surmise, LE knows who did this, and they have a bit of evidence and are just waiting for just a little bit more, why don’t they haul his rear in, in front of the cameras, question him properly, hold him a couple days. Forget this playing games at press conferences, make him sweat, rattle his cage, put him under open surveillance. Maybe he’ll crack. If LE knows who it is, why not.
The fact that they haven’t done this is one reason I doubt they know who it is.

If he is well connected and has LOTS of money for attorneys they won't do it until they have an airtight case. But we have all seen what happens when the suspect has "affluenza."

So I was watching the video on loop over and over again, and was watching BG's feet. His right foot that is about to land as he steps is a sharp turn. Sharper than I remembered. It almost crosses his left leg. He's turning, quick, and he is coming for them.

THEN...I noticed something else.

Focus on BG's crotch. It could be nothing...just a shadow. But it looks like his pants are undone.

And his hands, believed to be in his pants pocket, are too high up to be in a pocket. They are holding his pants up by the waist.

And the brown "kill kit" or fanny pack, is the end of his shirt that has become untucked from his pants being undone.

Go hear for the video, on auto loop, and zoom to fill ur screen. Watch the video and tho he is pulling up his pants.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Or check out this frame from the video. Look at it as tho he is pulling up his pants.

https://i.imgur.com/nFFPkmI.jpg

BG pulling up his pants also reminds me of Carter during the PC advising for people to look at BG's mannerisms. Someone who walks holding their pants up? Or someone who is constantly pulling up their pants?

Or he was public masturbating on the bridge in front of the girls, Libby caught it, he flew into a rage, but the voice sounds pretty calm...
This is more common than you might think. I run into public masturbaters at least a few times a year.

I think the main issue with us sleuthers - is that we're normal, lol - okay, normal enough, right?
So it's hard to get into their minds...like with this guy: the 'hey guys' & casual salutation etc. just gets me - doesn't make sense to me....but then: I'm not a serial killer
Just like with the Closs case: boy: talk about random!! How does someone see a gal at bus stop & be like 'yep: taking her, no matter the cost' & in cold blood murders her parents...?
Point is: maybe we get too caught up in stuff like that: this guy is NOT NORMAL...so he doesn't act normal.
If he's a psychopath: he knows how he SHOULD act & can play along...but when it's 'his turf' - oh no: it all comes out.....
scary

with kidnappers, I guess they stalk, drive around until they find the right victim, according to other cases Austin Sigg and the Brendt Christensen.
So...it's possible the BG stalked or staked out the bridge area for months or weeks prior to planning his fantasy scenario. He may revisit the site especially if there are no security cameras.

I was listening to a link that stated- the FBI reports that these kind of abductions (2 victims, middle of the day, stranger) are so very rare. Between 1974 and 2012 only 15 of these incidents have been reported.
In a conference clip early on they said ..we aren't saying the "voice" on the clip is the same as BG." Its very complicated and very involved" There is a likelihood it was more than 1 person.. "chance encounter un likely " but possible.

I agree it is risky to attempt to kidnap two teens.
When I say kidnap even directing them from the end of the bridge to down the hill was risky for him.
So, has he done this before? Or was two or more men involved?

If, as some surmise, LE knows who did this, and they have a bit of evidence and are just waiting for just a little bit more, why don’t they haul his rear in, in front of the cameras, question him properly, hold him a couple days. Forget this playing games at press conferences, make him sweat, rattle his cage, put him under open surveillance. Maybe he’ll crack. If LE knows who it is, why not.
The fact that they haven’t done this is one reason I doubt they know who it is.
My thoughts exactly -- LE published a pic of the one they think is responsible -- "We'll get you," (or similar), they said. Why hasn't he been brought in?
I'm hoping the girls' families know more about this person than we do...
If I were that person and still living in the area, I would have blasted outta there within 24 hours of the first publication of the new picture.
I don't understand their tactics here.

with kidnappers, I guess they stalk, drive around until they find the right victim, according to other cases Austin Sigg and the Brendt Christensen.
So...it's possible the BG stalked or staked out the bridge area for months or weeks prior to planning his fantasy scenario. He may revisit the site especially if there are no security cameras.
Totally agree here. I especially think he stalk around the trails prior and knew the area he wanted to eventually end up with his victims. I think his plan all along was to wait for the opportunity for someone to cross over that bridge trapping them in order to have the seclusion he needed. I also agree that he probably has revisited the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson