OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Dutch. It’s almost as if they already know what happened.

The thought has crossed my mind more than once, and it's what I'm really starting to believe in my gut. I know missing white woman syndrome is a real thing that still happens in the media, but i can think of at least a few missing young men off the top of my head that have had very extensive coverage from LE and their family - Jesse Ross, Bryce Laspisa, Josh Guimond, Brian Schaffer. Tyler's story has been picked up more lately but comparatively it's really nowhere near the level of the other men's. If i'm correct, the reason it's even known that Tyler is missing is because of BD posting about it on reddit, there was no initial word from LE.

Hypothetically, if he is intentionally missing but got in touch somehow with LE and his parents to let them know he wants to be left alone, does LE have any obligation to tell his wife? I understand not telling her his location or giving any such details they may know, but if they know he's alive and gone of his own free will, would they tell her that?

The thought has crossed my mind more than once, and it's what I'm really starting to believe in my gut. I know missing white woman syndrome is a real thing that still happens in the media, but i can think of at least a few missing young men off the top of my head that have had very extensive coverage from LE and their family - Jesse Ross, Bryce Laspisa, Josh Guimond, Brian Schaffer. Tyler's story has been picked up more lately but comparatively it's really nowhere near the level of the other men's. If i'm correct, the reason it's even known that Tyler is missing is because of BD posting about it on reddit, there was no initial word from LE.

Hypothetically, if he is intentionally missing but got in touch somehow with LE and his parents to let them know he wants to be left alone, does LE have any obligation to tell his wife? I understand not telling her his location or giving any such details they may know, but if they know he's alive and gone of his own free will, would they tell her that?
Interesting points. In his situation it seems there might be issues concerning child support, so not sure how that would work.
Unless, the child isn't his.

Maybe LE isn't discussing this with the media because Easton shopping district doesn't want to scare off tourists? How much clout and sway would that shopping district have over the Police Chief?
Why are some disappearances front page news and others completely ignored?

Interesting points. In his situation it seems there might be issues concerning child support, so not sure how that would work.
Unless, the child isn't his.

oh that's an excellent point about child support. i wonder if any of the lawyers here could weigh in on that. Adults have the right to go missing but I do wonder how that plays out when children are involved, especially since it sounds like he was their main source of income.

As far as child support - look at the Nick Francisco case. If someone receives state benefits for a child, the state will attempt to recoup those benefits from the absent parent. Mr. Francisco disappeared but continued to use his SSN and that's how he was found.

Maybe LE isn't discussing this with the media because Easton shopping district doesn't want to scare off tourists? How much clout and sway would that shopping district have over the Police Chief?

I think this is MUCH more likely than the police "knowing what happened" in this case. It seems like they cooperate as much as anyone shows an interest, and are open about what they know and don't know, but they're not going anywhere out of their way to publicize it. There's nothing that seems to convey that they're hiding some big secret.

I think this is MUCH more likely than the police "knowing what happened" in this case. It seems like they cooperate as much as anyone shows an interest, and are open about what they know and don't know, but they're not going anywhere out of their way to publicize it. There's nothing that seems to convey that they're hiding some big secret.

Politics and money can influence.
If Easton wants a sparkling image they'd go to great lengths to make sure this stays quite in the media, however, nothing stops the family, and his wife and friend to gain media attention.

As far as child support - look at the Nick Francisco case. If someone receives state benefits for a child, the state will attempt to recoup those benefits from the absent parent. Mr. Francisco disappeared but continued to use his SSN and that's how he was found.

following that case the ex-wife says WA state cannot force CA to collect child support so, he is off the hook. Let me see if I can hunt down a link.
So if TD was not being honest, leading a double life or made plans to leave maybe his best friend helped and his parents are covering for him.

"After those initial garnished wages, he hasn't given her another cent. So far the state of California has yet to go after Francisco for more. As Detective Holland told ABC News: so far, Francisco appears to be getting away with it."

Dad Disappears for Life of Sexual Adventure

following that case the ex-wife says WA state cannot force CA to collect child support so, he is off the hook. Let me see if I can hunt down a link.
So if TD was not being honest, leading a double life or made plans to leave maybe his best friend helped and his parents are covering for him.

"After those initial garnished wages, he hasn't given her another cent. So far the state of California has yet to go after Francisco for more. As Detective Holland told ABC News: so far, Francisco appears to be getting away with it."

Dad Disappears for Life of Sexual Adventure
The state can notify the federal government of unpaid obligations and take any federal refund against the deficiency. Of course, it’s not hard to avoid a federal refund so there is nothing to offset.

Good points. Good questions.
MOO:
Following is NOT to change topic, but to provide information for discussion on things happening in the area that could relate to this case and give insight as to why LE may know more than they let on.
My opinion. Easton Town Center is within a very short drive/Uber of Ohio State Campus, Columbus by all Ohio driving standards. Less than 10 miles, a brief drive on Sunday night. Little traffic.

Articles info below are informative, for the purpose of pointing out rampant problem of “drinks in some bars being drugged” - all in close proximity to general area where TD was visiting. Both men and women have been victims.

This is NOT to divert discussion to OhioState issues, but to make known a serious, on going criminal activity TD may have been exposed to, accidentally, unwittingly.
Think of the possibility of TD drink being drugged at some point in the evening in relation to TD behavior and disappearance.
MOO, this issue should NOT be dismissed as being unrelated.

Theory- Maybe a criminal element crossed TD path late that night, observed his celebratory behavior, overheard conversations, night on the town, shopping, identified TD as being from out of town, (Staying at an expensive hotel) an easy mark, likely having cash in his wallet or whatever...and his drinks were drugged. Just a guess. A suggestion for discussion.

My opinion, OhioStatesCampus tries to deal with issues while keeping a low profile.
Easton area businesses may pressure Columbus police to do the same.
After reading these articles one can hope LE in Columbus are investigating quietly.

OSU warns students after reports of drugged drinks
Note the date of the warning in brief article - 2/18/2019

Reports detail allegations of drugging at parties and bars near Ohio State's campus
March 1 2019
“COLUMBUS, Ohio — Multiple reports from Ohio State University detail allegations of drugging at off-campus bars and parties. Ohio State said the university has received 17 reports that are under investigation and have been referred to law enforcement.
University officials explain some reports overlap...
One report from a man said that he was “dosed” several times when he had been drinking at bars near campus. The alleged victim explained he does not live in Columbus and his job requires him to travel. In a report he made to OSU officials the documents said, “he described the symptoms of being ‘dosed’ as ‘being unable to remember what happened the next day’ and this occurred even when he had limited his drinks or one or two.”
In another report, a woman reported she went to an event at a bar where she reportedly “completely blacked out” after getting a second drink provided to her by a male bartender. The alleged victim said in the report, “she did not believe her male date was responsible, but that she had been suspicious that the bartender could have drugged her second beer.”
.....The university said since all the alleged incidents happened OFF CAMPUS they’ve been passed along to Columbus Police for investigation.”

Ohio State Police warn of possible off-campus drugging at parties and bars
2/15/2019
“COLUMBUS, Ohio — A warning by the Ohio State University Department of Public Safety has off-campus bars and students on high alert this weekend.
Police are warning students of possible occurrences of criminal drugging at off-campus parties and bars. Ohio State did not release very many details, but students... are on high alert.”

Reports allege druggings at campus bars and off-campus house
Long article somewhat repetitive. A few interesting details.

“...A second female student reported she had been drugged at —- a night club on North High Street...on Feb. 15.
She told OSUPD she suspected a male bartender had drugged her second beer, according to the police report.
The student said in the report she did not have any memory after the second beer and later learned from an Uber receipt, social media and text messages that she had visited other bars with individuals unknown to her.
... student was taken to RiversideHospital after she began showing signs of memory loss, “slurred speech and physical weakness” and strokelike symptoms.

....third report was made by a man not affiliated with the university.
He contacted OSUPD after becoming aware of the Feb. 14 safety notice.
In the report, the man said he had been “dosed” three or four times over the past year while drinking at two campus-area bars”

MOO:
Following is NOT to change topic, but to provide information for discussion on things happening in the area that could relate to this case and give insight as to why LE may know more than they let on.
My opinion. Easton Town Center is within a very short drive/Uber of Ohio State Campus, Columbus by all Ohio driving standards. Less than 10 miles, a brief drive on Sunday night. Little traffic.

Articles info below are informative, for the purpose of pointing out rampant problem of “drinks in some bars being drugged” - all in close proximity to general area where TD was visiting. Both men and women have been victims.

This is NOT to divert discussion to OhioState issues, but to make known a serious, on going criminal activity TD may have been exposed to, accidentally, unwittingly.
Think of the possibility of TD drink being drugged at some point in the evening in relation to TD behavior and disappearance.

Theory- Maybe a criminal element crossed TD path late that night, observed his celebratory behavior, overheard conversations, night on the town, shopping, identified TD as being from out of town, (Staying at an expensive hotel) an easy mark, likely having cash in his wallet or whatever...and his drinks were drugged. Just a guess. A suggestion for discussion.

My opinion, OhioStatesCampus tries to deal with issues while keeping a low profile.
After reading these articles one can hope LE in Columbus are investigating quietly.

Reports detail allegations of drugging at parties and bars near Ohio State's campus
March 1 2019
“COLUMBUS, Ohio — Multiple reports from Ohio State University detail allegations of drugging at off-campus bars and parties. Ohio State said the university has received 17 reports that are under investigation and have been referred to law enforcement.
One report from a man said that he was “dosed” several times when he had been drinking at bars near campus. The alleged victim explained he does not live in Columbus and his job requires him to travel. In a report he made to OSU officials the documents said, “he described the symptoms of being ‘dosed’ as ‘being unable to remember what happened the next day’ and this occurred even when he had limited his drinks or one or two.”
In another report, a woman reported she went to an event at a bar where she reportedly “completely blacked out” after getting a second drink provided to her by a male bartender. The alleged victim said in the report, “she did not believe her male date was responsible, but that she had been suspicious that the bartender could have drugged her second beer.”
.....The university said since all the alleged incidents happened OFF CAMPUS they’ve been passed along to Columbus Police for investigation.”

2/15/2019
“COLUMBUS, Ohio — A warning by the Ohio State University Department of Public Safety has off-campus bars and students on high alert this weekend.
Police are warning students of possible occurrences of criminal drugging at off-campus parties and bars. Ohio State did not release very many details, but students... are on high alert.”

“...A second female student reported she had been drugged at —- a night club on North High Street...on Feb. 15.
She told OSUPD she suspected a male bartender had drugged her second beer, according to the police report.
The student said in the report she did not have any memory after the second beer and later learned from an Uber receipt, social media and text messages that she had visited other bars with individuals unknown to her.
... student was taken to RiversideHospital after she began showing signs of memory loss, “slurred speech and physical weakness” and strokelike symptoms.

In the report, the man said he had been “dosed” three or four times over the past year while drinking at two campus-area bars”

Most bars, colleges, universities DO NOT want any media attention to crimes.
The college I attended covered up on campus sexual assaults. A fear of LOOSING $$$ was more important than women's safety!

MOO:

March 1 2019

2/15/2019

When they say "off campus" in these articles, they really mean "near campus". These events did not take place on the actual Ohio State campus, but in the neighborhoods and bars in the immediate vicinity of the campus, where thousands of students live. The Ohio State University Department of Public Safety does not have any jurisdiction in those areas, but because the events involve OSU students, they released that statement.

Where the Tylers and their friend went to is so far from Ohio State's campus that no local would call it "off campus", even though it's obviously off the campus.

Wanted to reiterate that drugging is a huge issue in Columbus. This is obviously anecdotal, but I was drugged a few years back at a pretty nice bar/venue north of campus. Luckily, I had my partner with me and nothing else happened other than me blacking out and busting my face on the sidewalk. He figured out pretty quickly what had happened.

This sort of thing happens everywhere here, not just around campus. It definitely wouldn’t shock me if Tyler was drugged, especially considering he was at a strip club. I have nothing against strip clubs, but I’m sure we could agree they attract some interesting clientele. Furthermore, no one in his group probably would’ve expected him to be drugged - namely because of him being male and a lot of people look at being drugged as a thing that mainly affects women. It’s possible that Tyler’s irrational, irate behavior was only further exacerbated by a date rape drug or something of that nature. But if he was already known to be a sloppy drunk, his group probably wouldn’t have thought anything else about it and wouldn’t have given him the attention and care he needed. Just my opinion.

edit for typos

Last edited:
Wanted to reiterate that drugging is a huge issue in Columbus. This is obviously anecdotal, but I was drugged a few years back at a pretty nice bar/venue north of campus. Luckily, I had my partner with me and nothing else happened other than me blacking out and busting my face on the sidewalk. He figured out pretty quickly what had happened.

This sort of thing happens everywhere here, not just around campus. It definitely wouldn’t shock me if Tyler was drugged, especially considering he was at a strip club. I have nothing against strip clubs, but I’m sure we could agree they attract some interesting clientele. Furthermore, no one in his group probably would’ve expected him to be drugged - namely because of him being male and a lot of people look at being drugged as a thing that mainly affects women. It’s possible that Tyler’s irrational, irate behavior was only further exacerbated by a date rape drug or something of that nature. But if he was already known to be a sloppy drunk, his group probably wouldn’t have thought anything else about it and wouldn’t have given him the attention and care he needed. Just my opinion.

edit for typos

Not out of sensationalism, but can you tell a little more about being drugged? Do you know what you were drugged with? How long it would have taken to kick in, don't know if you have timeframe when you must have been drugged.

I'm asking cause I don't know much about drugs and I wonder if Tylers behaviour and the timeframe could correspond with a certain drug. If Tyler would have been drugged at the Dollhouse was the passing out in the Uber the result of drugging and was the confusion/disorientation/anger the aftermath of the drugging. Or didn't the drug kick in untill the silent call?

How long did it take you to become conscious again?

edit for typos
Thank you for your input, this is basically what I’ve been thinking for a while now.

Not out of sensationalism, but can you tell a little more about being drugged? Do you know what you were drugged with? How long it would have taken to kick in, don't know if you have timeframe when you must have been drugged.

I'm asking cause I don't know much about drugs and I wonder if Tylers behaviour and the timeframe could correspond with a certain drug. If Tyler would have been drugged at the Dollhouse was the passing out in the Uber the result of drugging and was the confusion/disorientation/anger the aftermath of the drugging. Or didn't the drug kick in untill the silent call?

How long did it take you to become conscious again?

I know this isn’t directed for me, but I can give my experience. I was drugged by a bartender and brutally assaulted/raped by him and another man. Nobody noticed I was drugged. At first, it just looks like you’re really drunk. I frequented that club often, so it wasn’t unusual for me to be tipsy/drunk there. Best I can figure out, the drug took effect pretty fast. I eventually realized something wasn’t right, but I couldn’t hold my concentration long enough to do anything about it. They said I was slurring my words and not making a lot of sense, but the 2 guys I left with were “taking care of me and taking me home”. (These were 2 “friends”, the bartender & other guy who drugged me and I left with.) I felt safe with them/never thought they’d hurt me. By the time we left, it had been a few hours. I kept setting my drinks down and losing them, but the bartender kept giving me another. I likely only sipped a few drinks of each one. I have little memory of those hours or leaving or arriving at 1 of their apartments. I thought it odd, but I guess I blacked out. I have hideous breakthrough memories. I know I tried to crawl away at one point and they dragged me back by my ankles. Next memory, it was about 7hrs from the 1st drink. I was freaked out because I couldn’t figure out why I was in that apt and in a ton of pain. Somehow, I faked like I was fine and 1 took me home. I was still very confused. I was super nauseous and had a horrid headache. By the time I realized I’d likely been slipped a rape drug, I was terrified. I didn’t tell anyone for several years. I moved immediately to get away. My fears were made true when they bragged about it to a friend. I was horrified. My mind didn’t really clear for over 24hrs after drugged. I just couldn’t think through anything very precisely. I was scared of the men, especially their families. I have no idea how I appeared in the time that’s lost to me. I wish I didn’t have the few memories that I do.

My friend was on a date in another bar years later. His beer was drugged. He knew what happened to me, so he recognized it immediately and they left. Turns out, that club was known for drugging people. The owners had a lot of power in the community, plus mafia connections, so no one would press charges. Most of the rape drugs clear your system really quickly via your kidneys. Unless you go to the ER immediately, the drugs don’t show up. It becomes a he said/she said at that point.

Sorry so lengthy. That’s all JMO and just my experience.

Ebm: spelling

Thank you to all who have responded to the possible theory of “drugged drinks”
So very sorry for those who have been victims. The experience must be horrific. A sincere Thank You for your contribution.

Returning to a theory - or scenario of events the night TD disappeared, I am wondering, what could be the purpose of drugging the drink of a man? I can only think of robbery as a logical possibility.
The articles mention men as well as women as victims.

Thank you to all who have responded to the possible theory of “drugged drinks”
So very sorry for those who have been victims. The experience must be horrific. A sincere Thank You for your contribution.

Returning to a theory - or scenario of events the night TD disappeared, I am wondering, what could be the purpose of drugging the drink of a man? I can only think of robbery as a logical possibility.
The articles mention men as well as women as victims.
What if he drank a drink that someone else thought was going to be drank by his wife?
What if someone wanted him temporarily out of the way to make a move on the wife?
Those are the only other two theories than robbery I can come up with as I doubt there are crews looking to sexually exploit men at this particular establishment.

What if he drank a drink that someone else thought was going to be drank by his wife?
What if someone wanted him temporarily out of the way to make a move on the wife?
Those are the only other two theories than robbery I can come up with as I doubt there are crews looking to sexually exploit men at this particular establishment.

That’s a possibility. A drink may have been intended for BD
I don’t remember if they were drinking the same thing.

Edit to correct initials

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members