Identified! CA - Human remains found North of Mojave in desert, Unk m/f, 13 June 2019 - - Rouchen Liao

doodles1211

Reaction score
Homicide detectives spent their second day Thursday searching the scene where human remains were found on a desert trail just north of Mojave.

• 329G2801_01.MP4.20_51_36_40.Still001.jpg
  • 329G2797_01.MP4.20_50_41_14.Still001.jpg
The recovery scene is about an hour from Bakersfield, between Tehachapi and Mojave near Cache Creek Road and Highway 58.

A hiker walking the path found the remains Tuesday afternoon. On Thursday, deputies sealed the trail at least a quarter mile from where they were searching. At least four unmarked law enforcement cars and a coroner’s van could be seen.

Investigators were working under pop-up shelters.

The sheriff’s department didn’t release details on remains, such as whether it was the body of one person or more, male or female or how long the remains appeared to have been where they were found. They described the remains as “skeletal.”

A bloodhound could be seen searching the thick layer of plants and shrubs.

The investigation is ongoing, if you have any information you are urged to call the Kern County Sheriff’s Office at 661-861-3110 or the Secret Witness Line at 661-322-4040.

Human remains found north of Mojave

Last edited:
Isn't there a teenage girl missing from this area, lived with Dad & Stepmom, allegedly experimented with drugs at a party & had difficulty with after effects that night? Oh, bother, what is the young lady's name....

So many questions there. LE doesn't say if this is one person or more. I find it interesting that the media says a 'bloodhound' was being used to search the area. Does the reporter know this is a 'bloodhound' or is this an assumption as bloodhounds are usually used to track a scent on the ground? If these are skeletal remains then I would think any such trail is gone. I wonder if this is a cadaver dog trained to find human remains. But is that standard procedure when remains are found? Maybe if the bones were scattered by wild animals are such dogs are used to find as many of the bones as possible? Or is there something - e.g., clothing, jewelry - found with the remains that gives LE some preliminary indication who this might be and their disappearance is tied to someone else's disappearance? That is, a cadaver dog is used to find someone else? That would make the Bakersfield 3 a possibility. Quite a ways from Indio, but Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso are still missing. A hiker found the remains - how far is this from the Pacific Crest Trail?

So many questions there. LE doesn't say if this is one person or more. I find it interesting that the media says a 'bloodhound' was being used to search the area. Does the reporter know this is a 'bloodhound' or is this an assumption as bloodhounds are usually used to track a scent on the ground? If these are skeletal remains then I would think any such trail is gone. I wonder if this is a cadaver dog trained to find human remains. But is that standard procedure when remains are found? Maybe if the bones were scattered by wild animals are such dogs are used to find as many of the bones as possible? Or is there something - e.g., clothing, jewelry - found with the remains that gives LE some preliminary indication who this might be and their disappearance is tied to someone else's disappearance? That is, a cadaver dog is used to find someone else? That would make the Bakersfield 3 a possibility. Quite a ways from Indio, but Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso are still missing. A hiker found the remains - how far is this from the Pacific Crest Trail?
I have a lot of the same questions. With dogs being brought in and searchers spending a lot of time on the ground, I suspect they have an idea who it is. Or they found something that warrants a more thorough search.

There are a lot of scavengers in the dessert and bones usually get scattered rather quickly.

It's about 2-3 miles from the closest point of the PCT. Where the body was found is in the desert about a mile from the base of the mountains where the PCT is. Cache Creek Rd is the only way in and out of a very very small community, if you could even call it that, that sits on the 58. A few businesses and about 25-30 homes. There's a bunch of HOV trails in the area as well.

Still no word in the media on this. Of course, it has only been a month and a half to two months. Sometimes the forensic examination on bones can take months and even if LE gets a DNA profile it is of little use if it doesn't match DNA of known missing persons.

From the link:

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — Human remains found in June in Mojave have been identified as those of a 29-year-old man abducted from the San Gabriel Valley last year.

The coroner’s office says the skeletal remains of Rouchen Liao were found June 12 at Cache Creek Road and Highway 58. Manner of death is undetermined, and it’s unknown when he died.

In February, two Chinese nationals have been indicted in the kidnapping.

Guangyao Yang, 25, and Peicheng Shen, 33, had their last known U.S. residences in West Covina, but both are believed to have fled to China.

------

Here's his missing thread: Found Deceased - CA - Ruochen “Tony” Liao, 28, San Gabriel, 16 July 2018 *Kidnapped*

From the link:

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — Human remains found in June in Mojave have been identified as those of a 29-year-old man abducted from the San Gabriel Valley last year.

The coroner’s office says the skeletal remains of Rouchen Liao were found June 12 at Cache Creek Road and Highway 58. Manner of death is undetermined, and it’s unknown when he died.

In February, two Chinese nationals have been indicted in the kidnapping.

Guangyao Yang, 25, and Peicheng Shen, 33, had their last known U.S. residences in West Covina, but both are believed to have fled to China.

------

Here's his missing thread: Found Deceased - CA - Ruochen “Tony” Liao, 28, San Gabriel, 16 July 2018 *Kidnapped*
Thanks Gardener. Didn't realize he had a thread already

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back