Identified! OH - Columbus, Legs Only w/Just Fab Boots, Mar'17- Candice Taylor

I'm only 5'2" and wear a size 9.5 or 10 in shoes. I'd think that the length of her legs would be a more accurate way to determine her height than her shoe size. Sure, it's rare to have such big feet at my height, but it's nothing remarkable or unheard of.

Yeah, the note at NamUs is "Partial remains have been found and identified as belonging to Candice but this case is remaining open should additional remains be located " which makes sense. Theoretically, you could find legs and still have their owner out there somewhere alive.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Police say they have identified two human legs that were found in the trash at a waste-collection facility in Ohio’s capital two years ago.
Columbus police say a DNA match from a missing-person case helped identify the remains as those of a 22-year-old woman from the city’s northeast side named Candice A. Taylor.

Police trying to determine how her remains ended up at a waste facility on the city’s south side have investigated the case as a possible homicide.
The Columbus Dispatch reports authorities haven’t found additional remains linked to Taylor.

DNA from missing-person case helps ID 2 legs found in trash | News, Sports, Jobs - Marietta Times

BBM. RIP Candice

Condolences to her family. Poor lady.

You really can’t judge height with any accuracy based on shoe size. Size 10 isn’t even marginal; the average woman’s shoe size these days is 9.5, despite so many manufacturers only making shoes up to size 10.

Condolences to her family. Poor lady.

You really can’t judge height with any accuracy based on shoe size. Size 10 isn’t even marginal; the average woman’s shoe size these days is 9.5, despite so many manufacturers only making shoes up to size 10.

Varies by region too. Apparently women in the northeast have smaller feet--this according to somebody I know who orders shoes for TJX.

But yeah, poor lady. I hope they find justice for her.

Varies by region too. Apparently women in the northeast have smaller feet--this according to somebody I know who orders shoes for TJX.

But yeah, poor lady. I hope they find justice for her.

Same in Canada; the average foot size on the Prairies is larger than the average size in the Maritimes. I’m 5’5” and I take a size 10 1/2, and half my friends have larger feet than me.

Same in Canada; the average foot size on the Prairies is larger than the average size in the Maritimes. I’m 5’5” and I take a size 10 1/2, and half my friends have larger feet than me.

I'm a New Brunswick girl, so Maritimes. 5'8" tall and a size 8.5 or 9 depending on the make.

Interesting.

so somebody was paying her cell bill to text her mom? (or maybe she was on her moms bill) that's just sick! reminds me of the Karli and Khandalyce case.

It is sickening. The silver lining to the fact they texted her Mom over the next 3 months (and those 3 months after she was killed) is that detectives may be able to utilize cellular data and towers to narrow down who her killer is. Obviously, the person texting knew she was gone. Hopefully, that will be the error that finds them and sees them convicted.

"More than two years ago, a pair of human legs were found at a South Side waste collection company. Earlier this year, the legs were identified as belonging to Candice Taylor, 21, of the East Side.

Much about her death remains a mystery, such as how she died and how her remains ended up at a trash collection site. Investigators have been unable to identify any witnesses, a news release said Friday. Her death was ruled a homicide.

Her family and Central Ohio Crime Stoppers are hoping that someone who knows what happened will come forward."

Crime Stoppers: 2017 death of Candice Taylor remains a mystery

It says she was getting the texts via Facebook messenger. So that person probably had her login. My guess is her phone is long gone. Maybe she had used that person’s phone or pc and her login was just saved. It seems like there’s a way to search that. Not sure exactly but technology should be able to identify the device it was logged in from. Of course FB won’t share that, I don’t believe. Still super messed up. I’m not far from Here but hadn’t heard of this one. All I can say is heck no I would not be satisfied or at peace with just her legs if I was her mother either. Pray this poor mama gets some answers. MOO

bumping for this beautiful young woman, she deserves justice!!! no suspect or person of interest as of yet :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back