Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things keep nagging at me:

1) does anyone know anymore information about the couple fighting under the bridge ? When they were seen, by who etc...was it just screaming or was the man /boy getting violent?

2) I may get in trouble for this , not sure ... but there was just a murder committed in May in neighboring Laffayette IN by a 19 yr old young man previously from Delphi. There was a forum started on WS in the “Crimes in the News” forum. The 19 yr old killed a man because he began dating his ex girlfriend. This 19 year old belonged to the girls church group and attended their school . The discussion about the case is truly eye opening and very odd. Many connections to Delphi area.
Not to mention his mug shot is very strong resemblance to NBG sketch
Perhaps no connection JMOO

In the 1970’s and ‘80’s England was in the grip of fear of a prolific serial killer of women, the Yorkshire Ripper.

Police thought they had a break when they received an audio recording from a man claiming to be the Ripper.

It turned out to be a hoax. However the relevance here is that a linguistics expert at a regional university, a pioneer in the forensic analysis of voice recordings, successfully pinpointed the dialect as being from a particular area.

When the hoaxer was eventually caught, he lived within walking distance of the area the professor had specified.

I’d be pretty sure dialect experts will have been consulted in Abby and Libby’s case.

Stanley Ellis

Thank you for posting this. I hadn’t seen this before. That voice is kind of common, raspy, low-toned, similar to the other speaker in the video. NOT accusing, just wondering if it’s such a common voice that people believe they’ve heard it before. Again, NOT accusing. Hope i don’t open a can of worms here.
Are you trying to say it sounds like the Sheriff? Ha ha.

bbm I wish I knew how to do the "2 quotes in one post thingy". So Sgt KR and FirstSgtH both imply more than one suspect in this news video. And SherTL thinks he has heard the voice. Got it!!
Maybe the "tip" they need is from someone who says, "ABC ( best buddy, beloved child, grandson, boyfriend, fiance, brother, etc) called me at 4pm on Feb. 13th telling me they urgently needed a ride to their car."? Maybe they didn't say specifically "to my car", perhaps "to my job" or "to help JohnDoe" etc. somewhere near that area.
Even if it has slipped your mind as uneventful, would you come forward now because the new sketch has triggered a memory of that afternoon? LE, IMO, has backed off of the heavy handed words. Instead of saying "just as guilty" and "you are an accomplice"....there has been a subtle change to "if you are afraid" and "we can protect you." Anybody else notice the (deliberate?) change in approach? If it wasn't for my involvement on Websleuths, I wouldn't have known about this case. Similarly they might be an individual who eschews TV news and social media? Of course, all of this is my opinion, only.
Yes they are easing up a bit, the accomplice could get a plea deal and a reward maybe?

To do two quotes I just press reply then scroll to find the other quote and press reply and they both go in the reply box. Page down to the reply box and they are in there ready for you to type before, after or in between or all three.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember and find the interview with MP and BP where when asked if they had any suspects in mind BP responded in a dodging manner and said something to the effect that she did not want to comment as she did not want to sway the investigation. Does anyone remember which interview that was? Just always has made me wondered who she had in mind....
I do remember this. Have there been any media interviews with the families since the April press conference?

So I really need to do a rewind and go back a few pages. Or threads, I check in I admit. I have a full time job . Normal procedure for me is i go back the last 10 pages and catch up with links and so forth however that has not worked out today I feel like I need some pm's or a rundown on the last 39 days?

Im glad you mentioned this xfiles. Esp given that a few posts recently have supposed an alternative option to 'hands in pockets' , namely 'holding trousers up' or ' undoing ' to get to weapon. ( Cmon! No sniggering!!)

At the risk of sliding further down the steep slope of innuendo and giggling at the back........

Ive always thought DC's gesture (at the Apr PC) around the line about hoping the perp had ' a little bit of conscience' left , was strange. In that the gesture didnt fit sit as a natural gesture with me. It was exaggerated and deliberate.

(I wasnt going to mention it but the post Im replying to makes it valid imho)

(Brace yourself........)

Had xfiles scenario above been a reality and the Girls had mocked BG somehow....and DC's gesture was another deliberate taunting of BG, this time about something the Girls may have said, something the video shows etc, unknown to us, about the err....erm....ahem... size of BG?!? Hence the cut in further video release.

All sadly MOO.

Next Post = Mainstream. :)

I see where you're coming from and you think the finger and thumb sign was a message to BG? And perhaps the girls had mocked him and he got angry enough to kill them? And that could be on tape.
Letting that thought sink in.
It's possible, yet what about his apparent knowledge of the area and quick escape? That would make him a genius as well as an enraged micro flashing killer?

So I really need to do a rewind and go back a few pages. Or threads, I check in I admit. I have a full time job . Normal procedure for me is i go back the last 10 pages and catch up with links and so forth however that has not worked out today I feel like I need some pm's or a rundown on the last 39 days?
Basically we are recapping and pulling apart what LE have said in the last two months to try and make some sense out of it. We haven't quite managed that so far.

I see where you're coming from and you think the finger and thumb sign was a message to BG? And perhaps the girls had mocked him and he got angry enough to kill them? And that could be on tape.
Letting that thought sink in.
It's possible, yet what about his apparent knowledge of the area and quick escape? That would make him a genius as well as an enraged micro flashing killer?
It's not in my top 50 scenarios tbh. Just an itch I had to scratch.

I don't believe the girls were into something "over their heads," but rather someone around them may have been in over their head. At this time, I don't believe the prime motive was sexual although it may have ended that way or made to LOOK that way in an attempt to throw LE into another direction. Only LE and the perp/s know if there is evidence of SA. I'm also beginning to feel that there is a good possibility there WAS someone else involved, in some capacity and perhaps even participated in the crime. We can be certain if this is true, that it's unlikely either will be inclined to come forward. If the accomplice merely gave a ride and that was the extent of their involvement, surely they would have given a tip by now if only anonymous? Maybe BG was so calm through it all because he had help? There wasn't going to be any screaming because he held a gun to them and when completely out of sight, his buddy put some duck tape over their mouths. It's just a theory, but as viable as any other.
ed:sp
I still can't comprehend how he got control of them both.
Could he have known they were close friends and that if he had control of one, the other would not leave her? How did he know the other girl would not have run off? MOO

But if there was one they haven't and I don't think they're about to.
I don't think there was an accomplice btw but I do think there is someone who knows or highly suspects. There is a reason he/she isn't coming forward. Are they afraid? Are they dependent? What is the reason they're not coming forward? Maybe they have even, but there's not enough evidence to support their claim.

Or, do they love the person too much?

Maybe that was the person providing the alibi. And perhaps the fist response was instinctive, because the person would not imagine his/her beloved one being that monster, and maybe later that alibi-provider understood, but keeps on using the logic to explain the illogical? I think it is a typical situation, when people are too stuck in their lies to find the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288