MN - Evelyn Adams, 76. Home Invasion. Beaten to Death. Rural Mankato. 23 February 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
"Authorities still are investigating Evelyn Adams' beating death. A 911 transcript reveals she was asleep when she was attacked and was frightened intruders were still in her basement when she called for help...

A neighbor called 911 and reported seeing a suspicious male or possibly two males outside Adams' house on Union Street, Barta said in March.

A deputy's response was delayed by a severe snowstorm. Over 20 minutes later Adams called 911 and said she had been assaulted by someone unknown.

Adams' injuries did not appear to be life-threatening at that time, but she died at the Mankato hospital a few days later."

Investigators 'confident' they will find homicide suspect

5c79702f4773c.image.jpg

What a sin, this is so heartbreaking, what kind of monsters would do this to an elderly lady? The fear she must have felt, makes me so sad. I pray these monsters are caught and they pay for what they've done.

Makes me sick. Total coward or cowards! Come on Karma!!

Wow. Reading that, just wow. May these perps be caught and rot. Such a shame, two 911 calls, a neighbor trying to help, she was taken to the hospital and yet she still died.

There has to be evidence in this one I would think. Beaten so badly a lot of blood, there must be perp's DNA?

Neighbor saw someone coming out with arms full of items, again, leads to follow there.

An educated guess we can all make is someone knew she was elderly and lived alone? Someone then that knew her or knew that somehow. Why attack her if they are there to steal and she is sleeping?

Like in most cases, I would assume they would start from the closest and work their way out.

This happened though in Feburary?? Months ago??

I agree with the above post. Cowards. Karma. Justice.

Husband not at home with her during the home invasion?
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...erly-womans-death-after-home-invasion-beating
Police look for answers to elderly woman's death after home invasion beating
MAR 7, 2019
[...]
The Blue Earth County Sheriff's Office provided an update to its investigation into the incident that happened during a snowstorm and which left 76-year-old Evelyn Adams with injuries that eventually claimed her life.

She was assaulted during the home invasion on the night of Saturday, Feb. 23, and died five days later in hospital.
[...]
Adams herself was able to call 911 after the beating she suffered, with first responders taking 8 minutes to get to her home on Union Street in South Bend Township, just outside of Mankato, as their journey was slowed by heavy snow.

A neighbor meanwhile called police to say they had seen at least one, maybe two suspicious people at Adams' house, and said they left in either a car or an SUV.
[...]
According to her obituary, Adams is survived by her husband, . . .
[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88