Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trail pleads guilty to disposal charge as murder trial gets underway

"Aubrey Trail pleaded guilty to one of the felony charges he’s facing, as his trial for the murder of Sydney Loofe gets underway in Saline County. Trail was brought into the Saline County Courthouse in a wheelchair Monday morning before entering the plea."

Didn't see this posted yet!

Lori Pilger @LJSpilger (reporter from journal star) is live tweeting from the courthouse today

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
I'll be tweeting from the Saline County Courthouse in Wilber, where Aubrey Trail is set to plead guilty this morning to the unlawful disposal of Sydney Loofe's body. Jury selection for his trial on first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder starts later this morning.
6:08 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
Aubrey Trail was just brought into the courtroom in a wheelchair. Things should begin any minute.

6:15 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
After defense attorney explains that Aubrey Trail wants to plead guilty to count 2, Judge Vicky Johnson asks Trail: "Sir, is that what you wish to do?" "Yes your honor," Trail says.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
Judge: Are you ready to enter a plea here today? Trail: Yes.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
Asked how he wished to plead to the charge of improper disposal of human skeletal remains, Aubrey Trail answers, "guilty."

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
The state asked that the judge keep the defense from talking about how Aubrey Trail pleaded to the charge, but his attorneys say they will make it clear during trial that he admits to disposing of Sydney Loofe's remains.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger

Jury selection will begin next in about 20 minutes at the Legion, about a half mile from the courthouse.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger
Dozens of cars are lined up at Legion Memorial Park in Wilber, where potential jurors are reporting for the jury selection to begin.

5d07b1f6c4bce.image.jpg

"I have no intentions of trying to wiggle out of what I did," Aubrey Trail told the Journal Star. "A young lady died at my hands, and I deserve to pay for that."

Trail enters plea to improper disposal of Sydney Loofe's remains; jury selection begins for murder trial

Tuesday, June 18th:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 2) (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains & charged (3/1/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial started 6/17/19 with jury selection. Trial runs thru 7/5/19.
6/11/19 Update: Saline County District Judge Vicky Johnson denied Trail's motion (to stay in State prison re health reasons), but ruled that such decisions are up to the Saline County Sheriff, Alan Moore, because it's his responsibility to arrange housing for inmates in his custody.
6/17/19 Update: Change of Plea as to Count 2 @ 8am, trial starts at 9am. Defense attorney explains that Trail wants to plead guilty to count 2. Asked by Judge Vicky Johnson how he wished to plead to the charge of improper disposal of human skeletal remains, Trail answers, "guilty." The state asked that the judge keep the defense from talking about how Trail pleaded to the charge, but his attorneys say they will make it clear during trial that he admits to disposing of Sydney's remains. Jury selection begins. Selection continues on 6/18. Opening statements expected to start Wednesday, 6/19.
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) – Next Pretrial hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/25 thru 11/1/19.

The rest in the article are things we know about. The only other things briefly mentioned are:

In another legal motion filed Friday, Murray asked that the three charges filed against Trail be separately tried in three trials. In the motion, the defense attorney said evidence about the disposal and dismemberment of the body, if presented to the same jury, could prejudice them in deciding on the murder charge.

Also on Friday, lawyers with the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office filed a motion to block the press from taking photographs or video in the courtroom of three women who allegedly hung out with Trail and Boswell. The prosecutors, in their motion, did not specify why they wanted to bar such coverage but pointed out that the court has the discretion to do so in the interest of a “fair proceeding.”​

Who are these women? Anyone know? I want to see them now.

Wednesday, May 22nd:
*Pretrial Motions Hearing (new charge) (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains & charged (3/1/19) & arraigned (3/27/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty to all charges. No bond. DA will seek DP. Saline County
Trial to start 6/17/19 thru 7/5/19
Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 4/17/19 reference post #366 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

5/1/19 Update: Trail says he has an alibi when Sydney died. By state law, if a defendant plans to introduce evidence of an alibi, they must notify the court a month prior to a trial. Defense attorney Murray said he wanted to preserve the option of presenting the alibi evidence, so he filed the motion. Additional pretrial motions hearing on 5/8 in addition to 5/22.
5/8/19 Update: A judge has rejected a defendant's motion to see any communications that might show whether Nebraska's governor is behind the prosecutors' decision to seek the death penalty for the defendant. The judge ruled Wednesday that Trail's request was premature because Trail has yet to be convicted.
5/13/19 Update: Judge ruled that statements were made voluntary to LE can be used in trial.
5/17/19 Update: Defense seeks to disallow photos of Sydney’s body & video of purchase of cutting tools. Another legal motion filed Friday, Defense attorney Murray asked that the three charges filed against Trail be separately tried in three trials. In the motion, the defense attorney said evidence about the disposal and dismemberment of the body, if presented to the same jury, could prejudice them in deciding on the murder charge. Also on Friday, lawyers with the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office filed a motion to block the press from taking photographs or video in the courtroom of three women who allegedly hung out with Trail and Boswell. The prosecutors, in their motion, did not specify why they wanted to bar such coverage but pointed out that the court has the discretion to do so in the interest of a “fair proceeding.”
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (8/6/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. Saline County
Trial starts 10/15/19 thru 11/1/19.
Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 3/19/19 reference post #348 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3
Next Status hearing on 4/17. 4/17/19: Waives speedy trial. Next hearing on 8/9.
Have to say, the defence's client is his own worst enemy as he just cannot keep his trap shut. Separate trials for each charge, now he has pleaded guilty to one. Is he going to blame it all on BB, who wasn't in the room IIRC. Will BB be giving evidence?

Have to say, the defence's client is his own worst enemy as he just cannot keep his trap shut. Separate trials for each charge, now he has pleaded guilty to one. Is he going to blame it all on BB, who wasn't in the room IIRC. Will BB be giving evidence?
I don’t think his plan is to blame it on her. From the video above, he clearly intends to argue that this was an accidental death (probably will claim erotic asphyxiation gone wrong), when in fact nothing went wrong - they planned to murder Sydney before they ever picked her up and they did so. By claiming erotic asphyxiation they are trying to shift the blame to Sydney herself, will claim she made that choice. I doubt she died of asphyxiation. I expect it was more gruesome than that.

The only person that told that story - that BB wasn't in the room - is Aubrey. I wouldn't take one word out of his mouth as truth. I happen to believe that it was BB that killed Sydney all by herself, cut Sydney up all by herself, and disposed of Sydney's remains all by herself.

I don’t think his plan is to blame it on her. From the video above, he clearly intends to argue that this was an accidental death (probably will claim erotic asphyxiation gone wrong), when in fact nothing went wrong - they planned to murder Sydney before they ever picked her up and they did so. By claiming erotic asphyxiation they are trying to shift the blame to Sydney herself, will claim she made that choice. I doubt she died of asphyxiation. I expect it was more gruesome than that.
Yeah, more gruesome. The medical examiner had stated the cause of death as "homicidal violence including strangulation".

The only person that told that story - that BB wasn't in the room - is Aubrey. I wouldn't take one word out of his mouth as truth. I happen to believe that it was BB that killed Sydney all by herself, cut Sydney up all by herself, and disposed of Sydney's remains all by herself.
You think he is innocent? He's already admitted to the dismemberment so do you think he is lying about that?
Why do you think it was all BB?
Aren't they both on video buying the tools?

Here is the main gist of it:

The man accused of killing and dismembering a 24-year-old Lincoln store clerk is asking that photographs of the victim’s body, as well as videotape of him and his girlfriend buying cutting equipment, not be shown at his trial.

The court-appointed attorney for Aubrey Trail said showing jurors the “gruesome” photos of the dismembered body would be inflammatory and would jeopardize Trail’s right to a fair trial.

“They only show stuff that happened after death, so we don’t think it’s relevant to the murder charge,” said the defense attorney, Ben Murray, adding that the photos could lead a jury to rule on “emotional grounds” rather than on the evidence.​

Here we go. Trying to get the video taken out of the evidence of him and BB buying the cutting tools after the murder. What did the court rule? Surely this evidence is crucial.

Aubrey Trail changes mind, asks to plead guilty to one charge in death of Sydney Loofe

LINCOLN — Accused murderer Aubrey Trail has changed his mind, asking Thursday to amend his plea from not guilty to guilty to one of the three charges he faces in the slaying of Lincoln store clerkSydney Loofe.

Trail, in a legal motion, stated that he wished to "accept responsibility for his actions" and enter a plea of guilty to a charge of improper disposal of human remains, a Class IV felony punishable by up to two years in prison and 12 months of post-release supervision.
Which would likely mean only time served if he gets off the other charges, so that's his plan.

Sydney Loofe murder: Video shows 2 buying tools used to cut up woman, prosecutors say

Link that discusses the video that AT wants taken out of evidence, however this article states that Sydney was still alive when the purchase was made. If so then it proves conspiracy and murder IMO. The time of that video will be important. Has it been posted on here? There will also be a transaction time and date that will be crucial also, so I cannot see this evidence being removed TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong