IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

I am just sickened by this. :(

Harris was ready to plead guilty in exchange for a lenient sentence but backed out when the judge said he might not accept the jury's sentence. So, I'm confident he IS guilty.

But, I agree there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. Harris claimed he spoke on the phone with a woman he supposed was Kyrian's mother, and she gave the okay for the 3 alleged visitors to take him. Did investigators check Harris's phone records?

Did investigators use luminol in Harris's bathroom, and remove and inspect the pipes in the tub and sink for traces of human tissue?

IMO, the investigation wasn't thorough enough and now Kyrian doesn't have justice. :mad:

Man denies he killed 2-year-old Kyrian Knox, dismembered body and dumped remains in Chicago lagoon

Facing life in prison can make an innocent man plead guilty to only serve 5 years (just an example.) Being willing to plead for a lenient sentence doesn't mean the guy is guilty.

I honestly don't know if this guy was guilty. I just know that in general, plenty of guilty men take plea deals... because they know their odds at trial are not good.

Some refuse because they'd rather go to prison proclaiming their innocence, than go to prison admitting to something they didn't do. I'm not sure which route I would take and I hope I never have to find out.

I don't think the cops checked the phone records, or the pipes. I wish that they had. Because I think that might have resulted in actual justice for Kyrian.

I just went to my Watched Threads and saw "not guilty"!

I am sad and sickened that the person guilty of this awful murder and repulsive aftermath is still out there, still walking the streets as if nothing ever happened and little Kyrian never existed.

He was just a little toddler!

I just went to my Watched Threads and saw "not guilty"!

I am sad and sickened that the person guilty of this awful murder and repulsive aftermath is still out there, still walking the streets as if nothing ever happened and little Kyrian never existed.

He was just a little toddler!

In the end, I blame his Mother. She literally dumped her kid, and left. The excuses that she didn't have a phone to call are lame. Poor kid didn't have a chance with a Mother like that.

Knox's mother cried in the courtroom after the verdict and after leaving the building, said: "That was some bulls***. I can't believe this."

An Assistant Public Defender said after the verdict: “This is an innocent man. The guy who did this is still out there. “Taking a plea was a calculation he made, because he thought he could do two more years, when the risk was doing the rest of his life in prison if he was found guilty,” he added.

A Chicago police spokesperson said the case would not be reopened unless new evidence was presented.

Mother weeps in court after man found not guilty of killing, dismembering her toddler

"Taking a plea was a calculation he made, because he thought he could do two more years, when the risk was doing the rest of his life in prison if he was found guilty," he added.

A Chicago police spokesperson said the case would not be reopened unless new evidence was presented.

Mother weeps in court after man found not guilty of killing, dismembering her toddler

Yes. Almost every defense attorney would say take the 2 year deal and don't risk trial. No matter how little evidence the prosecution has, no matter how innocent you actually are, you never know what a jury will do. 2 years is nothing when you are facing life.

I wish the police would go back and test the evidence that they didn't test before, check the phone records, etc. It may prove they were right or it may lead to another suspect. But it seems wrong not to check.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back