GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many lies told by NK -lets move away from"inconsistencies" ! How did she not tell LE anything - really ANYTHING- about the 111 minute phone call the night before the murders??? And LE went with that ? She was goading CW, IMO, saying Im sick of you not choosing between me and Shannan- its so obvious ! So he the gullible fool slaughtered his family. And she is living her life freely !!! that is SO SO wrong. MOO

I think most mistresses make the ultimatum, Nothing unusual in that.

The guy usually says things about the wife and the mistress believes that the wife is not decent to the guy.

So she thinks divorce is imminent. This story is the same millions of times. Usually the guy does not annihilate his family.

Its so terrible How someone could do such a thing. I will never get it.
He (CW) must have been born with ice in his veins.
If he had help and this was a conspiracy he could have developed pack mentality. That's when a person who belongs to a group or gang commits a crime but would never do it if he or she wasn't part of the group. Hope I'm not out of line here for bringing this up. Not accusing anyone

There are so many lies told by NK -lets move away from"inconsistencies" ! How did she not tell LE anything - really ANYTHING- about the 111 minute phone call the night before the murders??? And LE went with that ? She was goading CW, IMO, saying Im sick of you not choosing between me and Shannan- its so obvious ! So he the gullible fool slaughtered his family. And she is living her life freely !!! that is SO SO wrong. MOO

After watching the latest documentary. I'm wondering has NK moved on with her life, new city, new job and new friends.
You bet she has! Has she learned, that going after another women's husband can lead to a perfectly normal looking husband to murder his wife and beautiful children.
She was pulling the strings just like the puppet master does to a puppet. Playing with fire, she didn't realize he would murder his family. NK talked about past relationships. I doubt she would know a good relationship if it hit her in the head.

Nothing in the news from former boyfriends, school mates, next door neighbors being interviewed. Why is that?
It's almost like she fell off the earth. NK being in the witness protection program is a bunch of baloney!

I hope CW had the most miserable, painful Father’s Day. Wishful thinking, I know. But one can hope.
I’m Australian but we were in Dallas on Fathers Day and loved watching all the beautiful families celebrating Fathers Day at a Gospel brunch. Men hugging and kissing their children, husbands and wives joined together in appreciation of life, such an awesome atmosphere of love.
CW you are a stupid, stupid shell of a man. There are so many wonders in life to enjoy but oh no you chose to screw it up for so many. Rest In Peace Shannan, Bella, Celeste and Nico.

Just wanted to bring this forward from a previous thread to help prove that the evil didn't snap but instead planned to murder his family for his own selfish reasons:
GUILTY - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70
@Best of What's Around
Yeah, for someone who was on a "rage" auto pilot - not thinking - and always "didn't know what else to do" - he sure did do a LOT of THINKING things that morning!

-throws out relationship book so it would look like SW decided to leave him
-takes SW's wedding ring off so he can leave it behind as evidence she left him
-backs truck up to garage to block camera view and hides what he puts in truck (his family)
-brings trash bags for this and we think the gas can which he likely was considering using not for himself but for later cover up but discarded the idea due to time or what he thought were better ideas
-texts and tries to call almost every coworker that morning who could possibly show up - from before he even murdered his girls throughout the process - in a casual, care free manner - never coming across as stressed to them. He even "lol" on a text to a coworker before 9 am. He sure spent a lot of time texting calling for someone not in their right mind!
-texts his wife just after to ask where she is taking his kids!
-calls the school and realtor ASAP
-looks up song lyrics for Nikki (or was it for her? such a coincidence that "battery" is another name for one of those oil tanks and the song mentions rage, kill, and family). Huh.
-not a single coworker that morning notice anything about his demeanor amiss - just his clothes.
-takes time to take pics of wildflowers, presumed to be for NK who liked them
-stops on way home to LE to throw away his murder clothes, children's blankets/toys.
-drives by home in his neighborhood on way home to give realtor the thumbs up that it is the same model home so she can get moving on the comps report to get his home on the market asap.
-makes another text/call to SW on the way home.

I'm probably missing some...and this is only what we KNOW he was "thinking" in service of his crimes and future life that morning.
I'd also like to add:
-Made sure he would be alone early Monday at the site he planned to dispose of his family.
-Wrote a letter dated 8/06/18: "If anyone gets this letter, I would never do anything to hurt myself or my children or my wife. If anything happens to me, please investigate my wife."
-Told NK, the Watts clan and his best friend about his plans to divorce Shan'ann.
-Never mentioned anything about divorce to Shan'ann.
-Shan'ann's friends and family knew nothing about a separation or divorce, just that he was acting distant.
-He did zero research into divorce, finding an attorney, child custody, etc.
-Brushed off NK's efforts to find him an apartment big enough for him and the girls because he knew he wouldn't need more than a one bedroom, and not until the house was sold.
-It was his idea to sell the house, and he probably planned to stay there until it was sold.
-Texted the creepy doll pic to Shan'ann, which she posted on FB.
-Researched pricing on a new luxury SUV because he planned to cash in on the house quickly and would need a new car since he was planning to abandon/destroy the Lexus and his work truck wasn't for personal use.

I believe his evil plan was to make it look like his 'spiteful' wife took his 'beloved' daughters from him because he was going to leave her.
He capitalized on the estrangement resulting from nutgate, telling his family one thing and Shan'ann another.
He actually thought that people would believe his lies and view him as a sympathetic figure rather than the prime suspect in the disappearance of his pregnant wife and little girls.
JMO

Last edited:
I would love to understand the pathology that leads to victim blaming like "if anything happens to me - look at my wife" when his wife was just chugging along leading a happy life trying to make sure her marriage doesn't fail and he was the shady character. My ex-husband did things very similar to CW when our marriage ended and he too did the whole blame my wife thing. I was not in a happy marriage but I was committed and behind my back he was plotting some serious sinister ish that included him convincing a therapist I was going to kill him and our children. It was so far from reality but he had to lay the ground work. What in the world are these nuts thinking? What's worse is there are people out there that believed CW and my ex-husband.

By the way - if I ever go missing or am found murdered, look at my ex husband first.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...77462,40.010853,-105.123625_rect/12_zm/1_fr/?
The home listing has been updated with a couple front exterior photos, along with an updated auction date of 9/18/2019, and a foreclosure estimate of $407K.
The Zestimate history indicates the value was $543K back in August 2018.
Since the loan balance was $350K, CW probably thought that there was close to $200K in equity to be harvested, less selling costs.
It was his idea to have Shan'ann contact the realtor right away so it would look like she was on board with selling the house:
Discovery page 629. I asked CASSIE if she knew anything of CHRIS and SHANANN considering selling their house. CASSIE told me that in Scottsdale, AZ SHANANN mentioned that CHRIS had oil field insight and knew wells were going to be drilled around the area of their housing area. This will cause their value to drop and SHANANN said CHRIS wanted to sell the house before the wells were drilled. SHANANN said that they themselves were not worried about living near oil wells. She said she loves her home and did not want to leave it. CASSIE told SHANANN to talk with CHRIS about it and she said she would and said again how she loves their home. There was no plan in place to sell the house. SHANANN said she planned to talk with the realtor ANN MEADOWS. ANN helped them get into the home they live in now

It wasn't at all surprising when he claimed in the prison interview that he killed them in a rage because she told him that he would never see Bella and Cece again.
It's so obvious that made up threat came from his original plan to claim she took the girls out of spite because he wanted a separation.
That psychopath really thought he had planned everything out so well and that he would have a fresh start with his mistress. JMO

I reviewed the discovery docs back when they were released and have read most of the threads here. And I'm still waiting for any CW supporters to bring to light actual evidence that CW was really planning to divorce his wife rather than murder his family, other than telling his folks, best friend and Nikki, of course.
From what I can tell, he did absolutely nothing about finding a divorce attorney, researching CO divorce and child custody or anything tangible about getting an apartment. All I saw were searches for jewelry, travel and entertainment to woo Nikki with. Also, why would he specifically look up "prices" on an Audi Q7 if he wasn't planning to buy one?

It's completely empty, there was a couple of pics someone took & posted on Reddit about a week ago.

ETA: Sorry forgot to quote ^ @Seattle1 :)

House could very well be unfurnished but still occupied by caretaker. MOO

Auction Listed with this tag:

Occupied: Do not disturb occupants. Trespassing is a criminal offense. Why bid on occupied properties?

https://www.auction.com/details/2825-saratoga-trl-frederick-co-80516-2757101-e_901x

ETA: More about "occupied" foreclosure auctions...

Can I get inside or visit the property before the auction?
Interior access is not available for any property sold at a foreclosure auction. All foreclosed properties are sold as is, where is.

You'll need to estimate any repair or upgrade costs from a distance. Even if you think the home is vacant, treat it as occupied. These homes have not transferred ownership yet. So, walking on or entering the property is trespassing and a crime. [bbm]

See more FAQs

Last edited:
I think occupied is just a note to stay off property. I've always thought the house seemed so much bigger than what's around it. I wonder if it really ever was a good investment even without the SW murder upstairs.
You are right about that house being perhaps the biggest model built in that neighborhood at 4,177 square feet.
And if they had finished the basement, it probably would have been well over 5,000 square feet.
Since they paid $400K in May 2013, there has been some appreciation, but it's up for debate exactly how much.
I wouldn't personally buy a house much bigger than I need, but so many couples seem to stretch to buy the biggest home they can afford these days.
I guess it makes more sense in a way to buy a bigger house with no upgrades for the same price as a smaller home with upgrades galore.
The Watts home appeared to have no upgrades except for the kitchen cabinets and counters.
IIRC, it was Shan'ann's father who made the nice cabinets in her kitchen.

In any case, Shan'ann was perfectly willing to sell the house and move to a cheaper area, like Brighton.
She was even willing to take the girls out of preschool to save money.
She wanted to save her marriage, but she would have divorced him if that's what needed to be done.
But she was a normal mother who loved her children more than anything and had no idea she was married to a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86