Richard John Dixon
  • dixon_richard.jpg
Dixon, circa 2018

• Missing Since03/15/2018
  • Missing FromElgin, Illinois
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age53 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7 - 5'8, 200 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Dixon has acne scars on his face, and a tattoo of a cross with the letters "WWJD".
Details of Disappearance
Dixon was last seen in Elgin, Illinois on March 15, 2018. He texted his son he was on his way home from a friend's house, but he never arrived home and has never been heard from again. He was driving a gray 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a IBEW sticker in the back window at the time of his disappearance. Few details are available in Dixon's case.

NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Can the family provide more information? Where did he work? Did he go to church? Where? What kind of friend was he visiting? He had a WWJD tattoo, where did he get it, when, what prompted him? Did he have a criminal record? Was his vehicle found?

Can the family provide more information? Where did he work? Did he go to church? Where? What kind of friend was he visiting? He had a WWJD tattoo, where did he get it, when, what prompted him? Did he have a criminal record? Was his vehicle found?
Such good questions! I know why LE and the family release minimal information when a person first goes missing--they want to avoid embarrassing (shaming, antagonizing, etc.) the missing person in case they are found. But when a person, like Richard, has been missing for over a year, they should release as many details as they can.

There is no source link provided for stated information and the Namus link posted earlier is still active.

However, if anyone has some police related information i would advise to get in contact with the Namus coordinator stated on this case and help resolve the status. Herewith we will follow and update accordingly. Thanks!

If you guys can send me the information to the coordinator at NAMUS I will fax over whatever is needed. I have the Itasca Police Report, the Elgin Police Report and the Coroner's report.

I've contacted NAMUS with the information I have after I received it. They said they would follow up with PD but yet it's still listed in NAMUS. Having someone else contact them might be the push to get it updated/removed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back