704d4558-a2b5-47cd-aad4-97fb8206ea4b-jpeg.189278
Everyone looks exquisite.
They're having a right old royal chin-wag there
26324940-emoticon-telling-a-secret-to-another-emoticon.jpg

I'd love to know what they're gossiping about
hearing-loud_emoji.png

Garter Day 2019

gallery_5_3.jpg
Members of the Royal Family gather at Windsor Castle to celebrate the oldest and most senior Order of Chivalry during a colourful event full of history and pageantry

New appointments to "The Garter" were invested in the Garter Throne Room and include a Lady Companion, athlete Lady Mary Peters, and a Knight Companion, the Marquess of Salisbury, a former Chairman of the Thames Diamond Jubilee Foundation.

Today, the Order includes the Queen, who is Sovereign of the Garter, several senior Members of the Royal Family including the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge, and twenty-four knights chosen in recognition of their work...

In the Quire of the Chapel are brass stall plates recording the Order’s membership through the centuries.

Ordser-Garter-Historic-Pix-via-TRF-Twitter-Interior-St-Georges-Chapel-Windsor-Winston-Churchill-Crest-from-Stall-June-17-2019.jpg

Interior of St. George's Chapel and Winston Churchill’s plate.
Current Knights have their own allocated stall, with the bearer’s banner, crest, helmet and sword displayed...
Churchillstall450.jpg

Sir Winston Churchill's Garter stall
These items are removed on the bearer’s death, but the stall plate remains.

Garter Day 2019

The Order of the Garter

In medieval times, King Edward III was so inspired by tales of King Arthur and the chivalry of the Knights of the Round Table that he set up his own group of honourable knights, called the Order of the Garter. Nearly 700 years later, the Order is the oldest and most senior Order of Chivalry in Britain. The Knights, now both male and female, used to be limited to aristocracy, but today they are chosen from a variety of backgrounds, in recognition for their public service

The patron saint of the Order is St George (patron saint of England).
The spiritual home of the Order is St George's Chapel, Windsor.
Motto: Honi soit qui mal y pense (Shame on him who thinks this evil)
Founded: 1348
1985_Heralds.jpg
The annual iconic Garter Day procession, where The Queen and the Knights process in grand velvet robes, glistening insignia and plumed hats, is one of the most traditional ceremonies in the Queen's calendar.

29A35D6200000578-3124982-image-m-38_1434388135243.jpg
Every June, a grand procession of the knights takes place at Windsor Castle, accompanied by a marching band and Officers of the Order, all in grand ceremonial dress.
Garter Procession At Windsor (1962)

This is a bonus pic just coz... :p

ChurchillQueenCoronation.jpg

Sir Winston Churchill in his Knight of the Garter robes, his son Randolph, and grandson, Winston

The Order of the Garter

:cool: Garter Days of Long Since
QUEEN%2BPHILIP%2BGarter%2B1948%2BRoyal%2BFamiyl%2BInstagram.jpg
The Order of the Garter procession in 1948 when Elizabeth and Philip installed as Lady and Knight Companion
king-george-v-and-queen-mary-in-the-robes-and-insignia-of-the-order-of-the-garter-formally-the-most-noble-order-of-the-garter-an-order-of-chivalry-founded-by-edward-iii-in-1348-and-regarded-as-the-most-prestigious-british-order-of-chivalry-though-in-precedence-inferior-to-the-military-victoria-cross-and-george-cross-in-england-and-the-united-kingdom-it-is-dedicated-to-the-image-and-arms-of-saint-george-englands-patron-saint-P80YJR.jpg

King George V and Queen Mary - Garter Procession

king-george-v-and-queen-mary-garter-procession-windsor-G8RRJK.jpg

King George V and Queen Mary in the robes and insignia of the Order of the Garter

Garter Ceremony At Windsor (1948)

Df9tGKzWAAEJH96.jpg

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in Garter Procession at Windsor Castle

king-george-vi-and-queen-elizabeth-take-part-in-the-annual-service-of-video-id450018974

View attachment 189413 View attachment 189414 View attachment 189415 View attachment 189416 View attachment 189417 View attachment 189418

Fashion parade! Duchess of Cambridge is elegant in a blue lace Elie Saab dress with sheer panels as the Queen's carriage procession arrives at Royal Ascot

Kate Middleton joins the Queen's carriage procession at Royal Ascot | Daily Mail Online

Love the hats. I wonder how people can see anything over them. Do the woman take them off?

The men look fabulous, The dresses of the women? Ugly including Kate’s. Ugh.

Love the hats. I wonder how people can see anything over them. Do the woman take them off?

I'd be happy to wear Kate's dress and hat (not the heels!), but I'm 69 years old. The dress is a bit matronly for Kate. It reminds me of the blush dress and hat she wore for Pippa's wedding: Exquisite outfit but much too matronly for the Duchess of Cambridge.
810100a7-f8a5-4575-b1c6-f61f9c663153-jpeg.189414

I'd be happy to wear Kate's dress and hat (not the heels!), but I'm 69 years old. The dress is a bit matronly for Kate. It reminds me of the blush dress and hat she wore for Pippa's wedding: Exquisite outfit but much too matronly for the Duchess of Cambridge.
810100a7-f8a5-4575-b1c6-f61f9c663153-jpeg.189414

Oh wow, I think it’s absolutely beautiful and also different

I love it

Wild Rumors, Archie's Christening and a Serious Split: How the Royals Are Spending Their Summer | Xfinity

Summer doesn't even officially begin until Friday, but the scorching heat is already bearing down on the royal family.

At least the actual weather is only expected to be 66 degrees.

Despite all the happy milestones—Prince Harry and Meghan Markle becoming parents, the queen's grand 93rd birthday celebration, Prince Philip turning 98, Duchess Camilla going viral with an epic wink—the things that aren't going entirely right (or at least not as expected) continue to monopolize the headlines...

Those dresses are in fashion right now. In picture #2 of post 2206 you can see the woman in gold is wearing a similar style. Kate stays fashionable without being over the top. That's what I've always loved about her clothing.
As for the hats, yes, you can see with them on. It would be different if they were sitting rather than standing, hats are horrible for blocking the views of the people behind. Thank goodness hats are a no-no for evenings.

I wish I knew how to post pics. In 1984 Princess Diana attended Ascot.
Kate does like to reflect Diana's choice of clothes from time to time. I like the principle behind it.
MOO but I think the outfits are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam