OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he drank a drink that someone else thought was going to be drank by his wife?
What if someone wanted him temporarily out of the way to make a move on the wife?
Those are the only other two theories than robbery I can come up with as I doubt there are crews looking to sexually exploit men at this particular establishment.
Umm....have you seen BD?? Sorry but with a strip club full of hot women I seriously doubt they are going to focus on BD, especially having two men with her...not gonna happen.

Drugging happens to all different people for many different reasons.. sometimes all it takes is being a jerk to a bartender.
It’s a remote possibility in this case, and it would make some sense since he was so confused as he wandered around, but i highly doubt the person who drugged him came back and found him hours later to commit a crime...

I know this isn’t directed for me, but I can give my experience. I was drugged by a bartender and brutally assaulted/raped by him and another man. Nobody noticed I was drugged. At first, it just looks like you’re really drunk. I frequented that club often, so it wasn’t unusual for me to be tipsy/drunk there. Best I can figure out, the drug took effect pretty fast. I eventually realized something wasn’t right, but I couldn’t hold my concentration long enough to do anything about it. They said I was slurring my words and not making a lot of sense, but the 2 guys I left with were “taking care of me and taking me home”. (These were 2 “friends”, the bartender & other guy who drugged me and I left with.) I felt safe with them/never thought they’d hurt me. By the time we left, it had been a few hours. I kept setting my drinks down and losing them, but the bartender kept giving me another. I likely only sipped a few drinks of each one. I have little memory of those hours or leaving or arriving at 1 of their apartments. I thought it odd, but I guess I blacked out. I have hideous breakthrough memories. I know I tried to crawl away at one point and they dragged me back by my ankles. Next memory, it was about 7hrs from the 1st drink. I was freaked out because I couldn’t figure out why I was in that apt and in a ton of pain. Somehow, I faked like I was fine and 1 took me home. I was still very confused. I was super nauseous and had a horrid headache. By the time I realized I’d likely been slipped a rape drug, I was terrified. I didn’t tell anyone for several years. I moved immediately to get away. My fears were made true when they bragged about it to a friend. I was horrified. My mind didn’t really clear for over 24hrs after drugged. I just couldn’t think through anything very precisely. I was scared of the men, especially their families. I have no idea how I appeared in the time that’s lost to me. I wish I didn’t have the few memories that I do.

My friend was on a date in another bar years later. His beer was drugged. He knew what happened to me, so he recognized it immediately and they left. Turns out, that club was known for drugging people. The owners had a lot of power in the community, plus mafia connections, so no one would press charges. Most of the rape drugs clear your system really quickly via your kidneys. Unless you go to the ER immediately, the drugs don’t show up. It becomes a he said/she said at that point.

Sorry so lengthy. That’s all JMO and just my experience.

Ebm: spelling
I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Your story is very valuable. It makes it more likely to me that Tyler could have been drugged.
Considering they had to wait for an Uber for a while it makes me wonder if he could have been drugged around closing time and then passing out in the Uber when drugs kicked in.
The story BD told on TCG about the girl giving them (Tyler?) water while waiting for the Uber is weird. Did anyone else get water too? Why would the girl (I think it was a stripper) do that?

Last edited:
What if he drank a drink that someone else thought was going to be drank by his wife?
What if someone wanted him temporarily out of the way to make a move on the wife?
Those are the only other two theories than robbery I can come up with as I doubt there are crews looking to sexually exploit men at this particular establishment.
I don't think BD was the target. Why drug a woman who's there with two men.

On the other hand Tyler was also there with two people.
I keep thinking bout Joey LaBute. He was gay and found dead in the river with drugs in his system but he didn't drown. And there's also Brian Schaeffer. If there's a gay serial killer in Columbus who has 'a type' he targets, regardless whether they're gay or not, I could see Tyler being his type.

I don't buy the drink-drugging theory. There already were plenty of red flags about this case before without assuming someone at the bar drugged his drink. i.e. Occam's Razor
To me Occam's Razor is nothing but an excuse for people who can't think beyond the most obvious (nothing personal, just my opinion) and should be illegal if it was up to me.

In this case I think all options should be left open.
Most likely scenario would be an accident, or drunken misadventure. But he would likely have been found by now, so for me anything is possible.
Did LE say in an 'off the record' episode of TCG they thought Tyler was no longer in the area? Can anyone verify that. God I wish LE would talk about this case somewhere that's freely accessible to everyone.

Drugging happens to all different people for many different reasons.. sometimes all it takes is being a jerk to a bartender.
It’s a remote possibility in this case, and it would make some sense since he was so confused as he wandered around, but i highly doubt the person who drugged him came back and found him hours later to commit a crime...
I wish we knew if there's footage that would clarify if they were followed by another car. But then again, how would one know Tyler would walk off by himself, so he could be targeted.

But the other strange thing is, why is he not on cameras? Cause he was in a vehicle? Cause he was with someone? Cause he looked different?

Thank you to all who have responded to the possible theory of “drugged drinks”
So very sorry for those who have been victims. The experience must be horrific. A sincere Thank You for your contribution.

Returning to a theory - or scenario of events the night TD disappeared, I am wondering, what could be the purpose of drugging the drink of a man? I can only think of robbery as a logical possibility.
The articles mention men as well as women as victims.

Some people drug random drinks just because they think it’s funny. I’m not kidding. I’ve got 2 friends who drank Diet Coke in a bar and both were drugged. As long as something masks the taste, there’s no telling until you start to feel it. Thankfully, people talk about the dangers of this a lot now, and I know for a fact that it’s helped a lot of people figure out what’s wrong and/or prevent anything nefarious. I can’t wrap my mind around why those types of people think it’s funny. It’s so dangerous. People can die with bad reactions or too strong a dose. I’ll never forget reading about a teenage girl who was drugged at an alcohol free function. It was in her Mt Dew. She died. It’s just really scary. Needless to say, after my experience, I NEVER leave a drink unless my friends are literally holding it while I go to the restroom. I don’t accept free drinks. Since the bartender was my perp, I don’t trust them either. I know 99% of bartenders are on the level and would die before drugging anyone, but the 1% and my experience make me paranoid. Ugh. jmo

This so much! Didn’t she say he finished 1 of her drinks at the Dollhouse on TCG? iirc, BD said that. That’s been a theory of mine.

I agree. It would be really unlikely that anyone followed them from the Dollhouse. I’m keeping the drug theory open only because I think it may have contributed to his actions in and out of the Uber. Leaving for a walk if drugged...he could be anywhere. He’d be very confused and unable to think straight. jmo

about the area where this happened - Easton town center was created by Les Wexner the owner of Victorias secret, Bath and Body Works, the Limited, and Express. He is a billionaire and lives down the road from Easton Town Center. I would venture to guess he's one of the wealthiest people in Ohio and the entire midwest. So I would also guess he would not like negative press about a person going missing at Easton Town Center. Could be the reason why there is so little media or LE info about tyler's case?????

I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Your story is very valuable. It makes it more likely to me that Tyler could have been drugged.
Considering they had to wait for an Uber for a while it makes me wonder if he could have been drugged around closing time and then passing out in the Uber when drugs kicked in.
The story BD told on TCG about the girl giving them (Tyler?) water while waiting for the Uber is weird. Did anyone else get water too? Why would the girl (I think it was a stripper) do that?

I’ve always thought the water from the Dollhouse was very strange. Who gives away free bottled water? I think it’s very strange. I have no idea if it had any bearing on this case at all, but it is odd. jmo

Men can be date raped as well.

110% YES!!!! Since I’ve started being very outspoken about my rape, I’ve had men come forward to talk with me privately about their rapes. It’s horrific and every bit as traumatizing as a woman’s rape. Being believed about rape is really difficult and scary for a woman. A man feels the same, but also has to deal with a culture that doesn’t believe rape of men is even a thing. The dudes I’ve spoken to have been so relieved to be believed and not judged. The good news is that more men ARE courageously speaking out publically and I’ve watched it start to be less stigmatizing for them. Finally. jmo

I don't buy the drink-drugging theory. There already were plenty of red flags about this case before without assuming someone at the bar drugged his drink. i.e. Occam's Razor

I can understand and respect that. I’m keeping drugged as a theory, but not the only one for sure. The prevalence of drugging drinks anywhere (soft drinks, too) is getting crazy. The only thing I think drugging him would’ve effected is his actions in the Uber and once they got out. He’d easily appear very drunk to the others, not drugged. People drug sometimes because they think it’s funny. They don’t care if they see the person or not. Ugh. There ARE many other flags here for sure. I keep bouncing back and forth from nefarious to accidental. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288