Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for linking this article!
Leesburg murder case with no body a rarity for prosecutors
SABBM:

Eighty-eight percent of no-body cases have resulted in convictions, according to information collected by Tad DiBiase, who began tracking such cases after leaving the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington, D.C., in 2007 for private practice.

That's an impressive statistic.
It certainly bodes well for DA May.
Not such good news for PF.

RE: 31 of the 464 "no-body" murder cases being sentenced to death, it would be interesting to know in how many of the 464 cases the death penalty was actually sought by prosecutors.

JMO.

Thanks for this GK, and I hereby nominate PF for #32.

It is interesting that all of the talk during the hearing and in several tweets from the hearing serology was mentioned more than once. If this relates to the tooth or part of a tooth well then...

There are only a few things that would explain this as far as I can think of unless there is more than one thing to be tested and all we have ever heard of is just one thing for consumptive testing.

Therefore... I have my thoughts...

And it being found in a burn pit would not be one of them more than likely because I cannot imagine serology necessary for something in a fire that would have remained for testing.

No expert but in searching serology and teeth or teeth fragments, it does not fit a tooth in general unless...

I could be wrong however. Is it just DNA they are testing for? No idea. Still turning the thoughts around...

Jmo.

It is interesting that all of the talk during the hearing and in several tweets from the hearing serology was mentioned more than once. If this relates to the tooth or part of a tooth well then...

There are only a few things that would explain this as far as I can think of unless there is more than one thing to be tested and all we have ever heard of is just one thing for consumptive testing.

Therefore... I have my thoughts...

And it being found in a burn pit would not be one of them more than likely because I cannot imagine serology necessary for something in a fire that would have remained for testing.

No expert but in searching serology and teeth or teeth fragments, it does not fit a tooth in general unless...

I could be wrong however. Is it just DNA they are testing for? No idea. Still turning the thoughts around...

Jmo.

Yes, it is for DNA testing. A forensic serologist is the position that does DNA testing.

Yes, it is for DNA testing. A forensic serologist is the position that does DNA testing.

Gotcha. Thank you! I was not on here watching it as it unfolded. I later scanned the tweets. I also googled it and did not find that result but found some others and how it can relate.

I guess then the woman who claimed he burned her body told the truth

Not necessarily, as we do not know whose tooth it is nor do we know where it was found on the property or if it was burned.

We don't know where the tooth, or partial tooth, was found on the Franch.
We don't whose tooth was found.
We don't know in what condition the tooth was found, i.e, charred remains, intact, chipped, bloody, etc.

The mere discovery of a tooth doesn't in and of itself mean KK told the truth.

Having said that, I absolutely do believe KK's account of the bonfire at the Franch.
I believe it for a couple of reasons:

1) KK only told LE about the bonfire after she'd gotten her sweetie beauty of a deal, i.e., when telling the truth was her only option if she wanted to avoid a lengthy prison. Had she told LE about the fire prior to her deal, I would be much more skeptical.

2) LE found evidence of a burn at the ranch when they executed their SWs.
The physical evidence supports and validates KK's account of the fire.

I do think this piece of tooth, wherever and however it was found, is likely to come back to KB.

Even if it doesn't, though, I'm not concerned.
There's a reason the DA's office expressed the thought that it wasn't "as critical" as they initially thought.
DA May has so much damning evidence against PF, this isn't going to make or break his case.
But if it ends up bolstering his case, of course, he'll take it...just like he's taken all the other evidence PF has so helpfully dropped straight into his lap.

DA Dan is one smart man.

JMO.

Last edited:
We don't know where the tooth, or partial tooth, was found on the Franch.
We don't whose tooth was found.
We don't know in what condition the tooth was found, i.e, charred remains, intact, chipped, bloody, etc.

The mere discovery of a tooth doesn't in and of itself mean KK told the truth.

Having said that, I absolutely do believe KK's account of the bonfire at the Franch.
I believe it for a couple of reasons:

1) KK only told LE about the bonfire after she'd gotten her sweetie beauty of a deal, i.e., when telling the truth was her only option if she wanted to avoid a lengthy prison. Had she told LE about the fire prior to her deal, I would be much more skeptical.

2) LE found evidence of a burn at the ranch when they executed their SWs.
The physical evidence supports and validates KK's account of the fire.

I do think this piece of tooth, wherever and however it was found, is likely to come back to KB.

Even if it doesn't, though, I'm not concerned.
There's a reason the DA's office expressed the thought that it wasn't "as critical" as they initially thought.
DA May has so much damning evidence against PF, this isn't going to make or break his case.
But if it ends up bolstering his case, of course, he'll take it...just like he's taken all the other evidence PF has so helpfully dropped straight into his lap.

DA Dan is one smart man.

JMO.

Yeah, agree with all of what GK said so eloquently!

I really do wish that we knew if this was the tooth from the envelope, or it was found in the burn area. I'm on the side of the fence, at least today, that it is the single tooth (of 5) from the envelope.

In a perfect world, KK's fingerprint or touch DNA would be on that tooth, or fragment... And it proves to be KB's... (I threw it and everything, we burned it all, etc., well explain this then why don't ya Missy)...

Yeah, yeah, before I get attacked, I know it is unlikely, just saying... And then it puts them both away for a long, long time, an aeon for each... Justice for KB.

Do not mess with my fantasies....:p

Jmo.

I would love to know what Patrick is thinking right now? Or is he so arrogant he thinks he has it made? His Mama really did a bang up job raising him. Or she spoiled him beyond repair. Wish we knew more about the family dynamics.

I would love to know what Patrick is thinking right now? Or is he so arrogant he thinks he has it made? His Mama really did a bang up job raising him. Or she spoiled him beyond repair. Wish we knew more about the family dynamics.
I quite definitely get the feeling he has zero respect for any woman, his mother included.

I quite definitely get the feeling he has zero respect for any woman, his mother included.

Bulls-Eye. I think this assessment of PF is dead on the money.

PF is a misogynist.

He objectifies women.

As long as the females in PF's life are useful to him, he tolerates them.

PF expects women to comply with his demands, as evidenced by his text to KK:
"You need to get here now. You've got a mess to clean up."

I expect KB tired of PF's infantile attitude and began to push back against his unreasonable demands.

In response, he pulled out his baseball bat.

JMO.

Last edited:
I bet dynamic and Frazee have never been used in the same sentence.

I bet dynamic and Frazee have never been used in the same sentence.

Patrick + thinking.
Two more words that don’t belong together.

I agree but I always like to know the back story say from 10 years of age forward, we know how the story has unfolded since November, I am just always interested in the ways and means of a horrible outcome. I can detest him on the same level as most of us, but I like to be able to process what lead up to a beatiful young woman like Kelsey ending up dead . I am just programmed like that . I want to watch the whole movie and the who and why of all the sleazy characters. Guess I want all the dirt out on the table.

We are still watching you, KK.
Will she phone it in?

6/24/19
11:00 AM 1H KENNEY, KRYSTAL Review Hearing D602019CR17 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

I expect that she will appear in Teller County Court by telephone.

If I remember correctly, KK was not arrested, bail bond not applicable, and she last appeared in court on a summons. Her only requirement at this time is not to speak to media, and cooperate with the DA during PF's trial.

No reason to impose travel requirement to a hostile environment on KK this month. And that's fine with me.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member