Found Safe KS - Anyla James, 2, Wichita, 16 June 2019 *endangered*

June 18, 2019 - 10:10 a.m.

The mother of 2-year-old Anyla James has been arrested. Wichita Police tell us 34-year-old Ronetta Clement was arrested on one felony count of interference with law enforcement.
ronetta_clement_mug.png

Police say Clement told police that the girl's father would not return the child to her and was making homicidal and suicidal statements.

Police put out an "attempt to locate" for the girl and the father.

Upon further investigation, police determined that the statements Clement made were false.

Police say officers invested 117 hours into locating the girl, who was not in any danger.

Officers worked with the girl's grandmother to bring her in to be checked out. Police say the father, Alton James, Jr., had concerns about reaching out to police because he has outstanding warrants.

Anyla was left with her grandmother after the investigation, though the father still has custody.

Mother arrested in "missing child" case

The father had , had the girl for weeks prior to this. So there wasn’t a exchange when she said. He was probably just as dumbfounded as everyone who seems to know him to see this being reported. From what I’ve heard just from friends of friends he was the doting dad. So take that as imo. Moo. I’ve not read SM on this one so who know what’s being reported there I honestly don’t want to know so I’ve avoided it

Maybe the concern is due to his recent alleged criminal activity?

Sedgwick County Jail show that an Alton Tyler James Jr. was arrested March 5 on suspicion of multiple crimes. They include domestic battery, criminal damage to property, criminal trespass, contempt of court and failure to appear. He has not been criminally charged since that arrest, Sedgwick County District Court records show.

Girl reported missing on Father’s Day is with dad, may be in danger, Wichita police say
I won’t be surprised to find out she’s the one who lodged these complaints against him, and they’ll end up dropping the charges.

The Latest: 2-year-old Kan. girl found safe, mother faces felony charge
[...]

Ronetta Ann Clement-photo Sedgwick County

[...]

Law enforcement supervisors, detectives and officers spent over 117 hours investigating this case when they could have used the time on other cases Monday that impact children, according to Allred.

Clement remains in the Sedgwick County Jail on requested felony charges of interference with Law enforcement officer, false information concerning death, disappearance of a child, according to Wichita Police arrest reports and online Sedgwick County jail records.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back