Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wondering if anyone thought there might be any significance to the letters/numbers chosen for the altered plates or do people think that he just did the best he could with the tape to alter the plates into something believable? I wonder if he was trying to mimic JD Suburban plates? Truly wonder if he simply parked at NCCS or Winter Club and ran through the woods via Frogtown Road to Welles? We know he was banned from NCCS so maybe he needed fake plates to park there?

Still trying to think of why the fake plates were needed and when they were used? Or, perhaps they were used at one of the train stations? I'm not sure about this one though as there is a license plate/sticker checker checker that goes through the parking lots at the NC stations during the day to check for illegal parking. I believe there are a handful of 'day parking' spots at the station where you can park if you don't have an annual sticker and the parking warden takes the tag number and leaves an envelope on the windshield to mail in the daily parking fee I think.

Truly stretching the brain here to figure out where the altered plates would/could have been used. CT doesn't have tolls but I guess LE is using license plate readers so perhaps that was the concern. Still thinking about all this...

Might be my imagination but I thought when NP took the case, it was stated it was pro bono. Otherwise you're right - it's already costing a fortune and it's just beginning.
I don't think we know what the financial arrangements are but all I know is that Pattis and his partner both looked like they swallowed an egg whole when the judge wouldn't give them control of the 401K. Just my take but don't believe Pattis & Crew are a pro bono shop but maybe he is taking this on for publicity? IDK

I was also wondering if anyone thought there might be any significance to the letters/numbers chosen for the altered plates or do people think that he just did the best he could with the tape to alter the plates into something believable? I wonder if he was trying to mimic JD Suburban plates? Truly wonder if he simply parked at NCCS or Winter Club and ran through the woods via Frogtown Road to Welles? We know he was banned from NCCS so maybe he needed fake plates to park there?

Still trying to think of why the fake plates were needed and when they were used? Or, perhaps they were used at one of the train stations? I'm not sure about this one though as there is a license plate/sticker checker checker that goes through the parking lots at the NC stations during the day to check for illegal parking. I believe there are a handful of 'day parking' spots at the station where you can park if you don't have an annual sticker and the parking warden takes the tag number and leaves an envelope on the windshield to mail in the daily parking fee I think.

Truly stretching the brain here to figure out where the altered plates would/could have been used. CT doesn't have tolls but I guess LE is using license plate readers so perhaps that was the concern. Still thinking about all this...

It seems as though based on the original characters of the plates that he obviously just transformed them to characters that could be easily manipulated with some simple straight pieces of tape

I don't believe he was trying to replicate any particular plate

JMO

Welcome to WS.

Regarding the red vehicle, apparently the employee traded cars with FD that day so it's unlikely FD called him in a panic to come with this car to the scene.

There also is the issue with the altered license plates. Changing license plates doesn't seem like a spur-of-the moment activity, but something done ahead of time.

Jmopinion
The license plates, the car left at park, the expert body removal - yes there are some oddities, the garbage dump seems so outlandishly foolish, but I believe this murder was highly premeditated.

According to the Arrest Warrant (aka my Bible for this case until more charges are filed and LE/Prosecution gives us more information:

The license plate should read: 516WDJ
It had been altered with adhesive tape to read: 5T6WBU

So the 1, D and J all altered.

Arrest warrant for Fotis Dulos, Michelle Troconis

Good article.

One thing that gets me excited is the thought of LE's computer forensics technicians seeing everything FD has searched and/or said on the Internet in the past few years.

I do hope he thought deleting files actually made them go away when we know it just opens up the space for re-use. There has to be incriminating stuff hidden on those hard drives.

Reading about FD continuing to demand visitation with his children I just want to scream, "Spattering a mom's blood all over the garage, then carrying the crime scene clean-up sponges out for disposal just kind of gets in the way of designating fun time with the kiddos." Give me a break!

His Internet search info might be retrievable from his ISP. However, hard drives aren't as searchable as they used to be. The way the newer ones (static-state) work, there's not a very effective way to retrieve deleted data from my understanding. It's pretty much a crapshoot, and depends very much on amount of time lapsed (the window is very small).

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that excuse...

I still can’t understand why you would dump them in their adhesive altered state. I mean I get ditching the license plates but why would you leave the tape on them? That one has me stumped.
That was an incredibly lazy and really, really stupid move on his part, but it will greatly benefit the prosecution. MOO

IMO - there is no doubt in my mind FD had some very shady business dealings. His funding dried up once his FIL passed and his Ponzi Scheme imploded. JMO!

I agree with you on the 'scheme' here. My suspicion is that FD removed whatever money was possible as the houses were built and its long gone to a safer place IMO! It just seems implausible to me that a small time developer would ever feel comfortable carrying 6 sizable properties for months and months in a very soft market. Whole situation makes little to no business sense. I was trying to figure out today when the last time a house over $2-3 million sold in Farmington and I was stuggling to even find house sales in the $1-2 million range let alone the $4 million range of FC and the other FORE properties?

Whole situation simply seems off to me. Had FD been financed by traditional sources/banks its highly unlikely they would have supported development of a sizable inventory such as we see in this case. The NC market is very soft with many houses on the market but periodic sales in the $2-4 million range are seen. Farmington market seems quiet at the upper end. I'm curious why the Realtor interviewed didn't do much to talk about the market he was in? My guess is because it wasn't a good story at all!

This is excellent sleuthing on your part. I too wondered if he kept the 2007 Suburban as well for odd jobs driving back and forth to construction sites. I have no idea how to find out. The only thing we know is that the registration on it was canceled. And you can’t be driving that around without registration.

Although apparently he let his kids drive around while he sat in the passenger seat just to freak JD out when they were 9 and 11 years old, according to divorce filings. He clearly thinks he’s above the law.

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

Last edited:
His Internet search info might be retrievable from his ISP. However, hard drives aren't as searchable as they used to be. The way the newer ones (static-state) work, there's not a very effective way to retrieve deleted data from my understanding. It's pretty much a crapshoot, and depends very much on amount of time lapsed (the window is very small).
My hope is that this kind of search is what the FBI is being used for in this case. JD had been trying to get access to FD records and computers for nearly 2 years in Family Court. So, I hope that LE is taking this opportunity to seach any/all computer records related to FORE so that the puzzle can be put together on behalf of JD children and resolve the litigation with GF.

retrieve them from inside a storm grate? Water and fedex cardboard package in a cavity leading to a 15"+ diameter pipe

If he truly thought that was a possibility then he's even more clueless than I imagined
Yet LE was able to retrieve them, ab.

And, yes, I do think he's clueless....or drugged.

Last edited:
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that excuse...

I still can’t understand why you would dump them in their adhesive altered state. I mean I get ditching the license plates but why would you leave the tape on them? That one has me stumped.

Guessing (a) they were in a frantic rush, perhaps because the Silver Alert hit before they’d disposed of all evidence the way they planned to, and (b) they were high. As covered upthread, FD and MT looked like they’d escaped from meth mountain in their mugshots.

Perhaps they took a premature parTy break. IMO.

JMO

According to the Arrest Warrant (aka my Bible for this case until more charges are filed and LE/Prosecution gives us more information:

The license plate should read: 516WDJ
It had been altered with adhesive tape to read: 5T6WBU

So the 1, D and J all altered.

Arrest warrant for Fotis Dulos, Michelle Troconis
Yes, totally agree with you on the warrant being the 'bible' for now. The Pattis patter is simply good for the laugh of the day IMO! Still wonder where the altered plates would have been used? And all the comments on here about how it would look suspicious to change plates in broad daylight on a busy street make total sense to me. I remember last year that someone was replacing plates on their car in the local supermarket parking lot (police log later said what they were doing was totally legit) and people saw what was going on, got suspicious and called 911.

The entire plate changing scenario is a bit bizarre as it seems that if you really want to be hidden that you need to steal plates and NOT USE YOUR OWN OLD PLATES? There is an active market for stolen plates but I guess FD wasn't aware of it!

Guessing (a) they were in a frantic rush, perhaps because the Silver Alert hit before they’d disposed of all evidence the way they planned to, and (b) they were high. As covered upthread, FD and MT looked like they’d escaped from meth mountain in their mugshots.

JMO

I agree, they did look messed up in their mug shots, but, with all the terrible things I think about them, I just don't see drugs fitting into either of their lifestyles. (okay, on rethinking, maybe cocaine, but not meth). I don't believe they were high when they were dumping bags and tags. I believe they were mortified that everything didn't go as planned, and they were having to scramble to get rid of stuff. JMO

Last edited:
I agree with you on the 'scheme' here. My suspicion is that FD removed whatever money was possible as the houses were built and its long gone to a safer place IMO! It just seems implausible to me that a small time developer would ever feel comfortable carrying 6 sizable properties for months and months in a very soft market. Whole situation makes little to no business sense. I was trying to figure out today when the last time a house over $2-3 million sold in Farmington and I was stuggling to even find house sales in the $1-2 million range let alone the $4 million range of FC and the other FORE properties?

Whole situation simply seems off to me. Had FD been financed by traditional sources/banks its highly unlikely they would have supported development of a sizable inventory such as we see in this case. The NC market is very soft with many houses on the market but periodic sales in the $2-4 million range are seen. Farmington market seems quiet at the upper end. I'm curious why the Realtor interviewed didn't do much to talk about the market he was in? My guess is because it wasn't a good story at all!

The realtor is only I guess relevant because he spoke to FD after JDs disappearance. FD told the agent that “his estranged wife’s disappearance was a sad situation and he hopes she's found soon." The agent also last spoke to JD a year ago regarding the sale of 4 Jefferson Crossing which the agent has been trying to sell for over a year.

Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband, his girlfriend, arrested in disappearance case

JMO
Totally agree that the mug shots looked 'raw'....they seem more like the types to use coke vs meth but it could have been a matter of money being short so maybe they settled for meth? IDK but the mug shots looks beyond no sleep and stress to me. Hope they were both drug tested at booking!

Yes, totally agree with you on the warrant being the 'bible' for now. The Pattis patter is simply good for the laugh of the day IMO! Still wonder where the altered plates would have been used? And all the comments on here about how it would look suspicious to change plates in broad daylight on a busy street make total sense to me. I remember last year that someone was replacing plates on their car in the local supermarket and people saw what was going on and called 911. The entire plate changing scenario is a bit bizarre as it seems that if you really want to be hidden that you need to steal plates and NOT USE YOUR OWN OLD PLATES? There is an active market for stolen plates but I guess FD wasn't aware of it!

Are there any toll booths between Farmington and New Canaan?

Totally agree with the logic of your options. Think you could also just take Weed from 106 (turn left at end of Lapham vs right toward Waveny Care Center) vs. turning toward town. Agree that your "C" option is the safest and possibly lowest visibility and that was the version I posted in map form the other night.
I’m still stuck on the possibility that he drove red truck w altered plates to house ( see my other post). If he jogged to house how did he get in?? I’ve read suggestions that JD left garage door open when she took kids to school, but how could he be sure it would still be open when he arrived? That’s just one problem w this scenario I think the possibility of discovery on his approach was way way too great.
Still think he laid in wait in his altered plate red truck, and then followed her into drive when she returned from drop off. He would base his plan on “knowns” such as time of school. He had a pretty good guess of window of time she would return, and jogging to her house exposed him to too many possibilities of missing that window or being identified or delayed. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa