NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the neighbors had, too, but taking their side for a moment.... I’ve seen so many articles over the years shaming people for calling 911 unnecessarily.... Visualize the potential mockery if you call and it turns out to be something on TV.

It is a really tough one. Every time I hear a child crying I want to call 911 but in the same breath, I sit there and think is it just a tired child/tantrum I am hearing or is something really wrong? I mean you also do not want to interfere in someone's life. People argue. Children cry. How does one know? I try to err on the side of caution but it is still a really difficult decision. I am sure any neighbor who heard this already beats themselves up over it. The perp, however, needs to be caught and rot in a cell for his lifetime.

Jmo.

I live @ 1 mile from Hunters Glen. The development is 1 mile from the Plainsboro Police. Had someone called when they heard screams & moving furniture, the police could have been there in several minutes.

I don’t understand why they didn’t call to be on the safe side. Clearly, something was wrong.

Also this is a very large complex of two story garden apartments built in the 1970s. Each unit has a separate entrance. For units on the top floor, there are stairs outside that are visible.

I live @ 1 mile from Hunters Glen. The development is 1 mile from the Plainsboro Police. Had someone called when they heard screams & moving furniture, the police could have been there in several minutes.

I don’t understand why they didn’t call to be on the safe side. Clearly, something was wrong.

Also this is a very large complex of two story garden apartments built in the 1970s. Each unit has a separate entrance. For units on the top floor, there are stairs outside that are visible.

Thank you. I was thinking yesterday it would be nice to have someone that was familiar with this complex. So are you saying for her apartment there would be no common entrance into the building and an outside stairwell would go straight to her unit? If you don't mind my asking.

Google Hunters Glen Plainsboro, when you see Hunters Glen Apartments click on the 50+ photos to the right to see interior and exterior photos of the development.

Thank you. I did look at the gallery of photos the other day but there were few exterior ones of the buildings or so I thought. I must have missed that one or not registered it.

Can I ask what its reputation is? Great complex, average, etc.? Just to your knowledge of course.

I don’t know anyone who lives there so I can’t speak directly about it. I walked there on Sunday to see what it is like for myself. From the outside the units look well maintained. The leasing office is nicely landscaped. I think rents are around $1200. It was quiet. I was surprised how big the complex was. There’s a less desireable rental property on the other side of Plainsboro Rd. I may go back tomorrow. I can take a photo of the doorways.

I don’t know anyone who lives there so I can’t speak directly about it. I walked there on Sunday to see what it is like for myself. From the outside the units look well maintained. The leasing office is nicely landscaped. I think rents are around $1200. It was quiet. I was surprised how big the complex was. There’s a less desireable rental property on the other side of Plainsboro Rd. I may go back tomorrow. I can take a photo of the doorways.

Much appreciated--thank you again.

I had female family who lived there years ago. The units were well maintained and outside lighting was good. It appeared to be a safe community.

Very disappointing no news or arrest made in this horrendous crime yet. Just checked and don't see any new news articles. It is very surprising neighbors heard screams from what seems to be a nice, quiet, safe apartment complex and police station is so close, but they were never called for help. I'm sure the neighbor/s feel terrible. Just all around sad. Praying there is an arrest very soon.

I believe she lived in apartment 5212. Which may be the unit on the top floor. 5211 is below. Apt numbers are handwritten on the door. I can only upload 1 photo at a time. There are 2 units on ground floor & 2 on upper level. Her unit is off from the main road but boarders on the pool & parking lot.

Attachments

• C30DA548-BB1F-4E63-9502-E63A9713526E.jpeg
    C30DA548-BB1F-4E63-9502-E63A9713526E.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 90
I am unable to upload additional photos, even individually, as it says file is too large

I believe she lived in apartment 5212. Which may be the unit on the top floor. 5211 is below. Apt numbers are handwritten on the door. I can only upload 1 photo at a time. There are 2 units on ground floor & 2 on upper level. Her unit is off from the main road but boarders on the pool & parking lot.

Thank you. I don't know why it surprises me that there are exterior separate entrances but it does. Different I guess than what I am used to seeing.

This picture shows the stairwell goes right over the downstairs neighbor's door.

I do not myself mess with pictures much but maybe someone else here has some suggestions on how to get the other pictures to upload.

Since you are from the area, is there any new local news? I am guessing not?

Thanks again.

We had Plainsboro EMS at the house today as my 94 yo dad fell. They came to help him up off the floor. I asked if they knew anything, as they were involved, but they had nothing to share, about a suspect being identified. Said to keep the doors locked. They said people call about dead deer on the side of the road but not the important crisis like serious car accidents or a woman’s screams.

We had Plainsboro EMS at the house today as my 94 yo dad fell. They came to help him up off the floor. I asked if they knew anything, as they were involved, but they had nothing to share, about a suspect being identified. Said to keep the doors locked. They said people call about dead deer on the side of the road but not the important crisis like serious car accidents or a woman’s screams.
So true and so sad. Stay safe DAB!

^^BBM
Re: They [EMS] said people call about dead deer on the side of the road but not the important crisis like serious car accidents or a woman’s screams.
Yes, it's such an odd phenomenon:
Why People Sometimes Care More About Dogs Than Humans

Why People Care More About Pets Than Other Humans
Here's Why We Care About Animals More Than Other Humans | Star2.com

I am unable to upload additional photos, even individually, as it says file is too large
I have trouble uploading photos from my phone and get that same message too. I've found a way around it by emailing photos to myself, dragging photo to my laptop desktop and uploading from there...if that helps.

Keep the door locked? Yikes! That is not a good sign, as in it was random or not necessarily personally directed at her? Could it have truly been an interrupted home invasion? Or even a mistaken entry as in whoever was there went in the wrong apartment?
I mean, I would keep my doors locked anyway, but still nerve-wracking to hear it as advice from those who may be aware. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member