Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. It’s so hard to make this case out with the evidence provided to the public and direct statements from the ISP, the Carroll Sheriff’s department and the FBI. Am I missing an investigative group from the Multi-Agency Taskforce?

Carter did at least speculatively mention at the last presser, it seems like there is possibly local involvement, or at least a person with awareness of the Delphi trail system and the bridge responsible. The more time goes by, I simply wonder, to put it mildly, what is the stumbling block? Was there a person misleading investigators? Was it an investigator (sometimes there are jurisdiction problems when multiple agencies try to work together)?

So much is reading between the lines in Carter’s words during the last presser. I acknowledge that possibly wasn’t meant for the public, but a possible direct message to the killer.

Hopefully it works out for someone who may have a hunch to step forward and do the hardest thing they ever had to do, but the right thing.

Yeah one more at least - the Delphi Police Department is also involved in the Multi-Agency Task Force as well. Coordinating information amongst the various partners must be quite a challenge in itself.

*Counter person or waitstaff in a local convenience store/coffee shop/luncheonette/newsstand that Riley frequents

*Someone who regularly makes time-sensitive announcements on local radio, cable access channel, or phone chain

*Prominent local personality/teacher/performer

*Radio dispatcher or switchboard operator, receptionist in a frequently visited or called office

*School personnel who is not necessarily a teacher. Guidance counselor, lunchroom staff, school bus driver, principal, head of maintenance or fields, coach

*Public works official, animal control etc.

Some of these overlap your and others' suggestions.
Oooooh. I like the receptionist, switchboard operator speculation. Some place you frequently call in to. That’s a good one...

A dispatcher.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Frankly, in some ways, I wish LE would STOP talking publically all together if they cannot or will not be clear. A good defense attorney would have a field day with, "THIS is BG...no THIS is BG...I mean they are BOTH BG."

When it comes to the picture of the person Liberty German videotaped on her cell phone, it is interesting that his hands are in his pockets. Maybe the offender has something wrong with his hands? He could be collecting disability.

When it comes to the picture of the person Liberty German videotaped on her cell phone, it is interesting that his hands are in his pockets. Maybe the offender has something wrong with his hands? He could be collecting disability.
I think he was holding a gun in his right hand, right coat pocket... pulled it out as he approached them and said ‘guys’. (they see gun) and then ‘down the hill’...

Frankly, in some ways, I wish LE would STOP talking publically all together if they cannot or will not be clear. A good defense attorney would have a field day with, "THIS is BG...no THIS is BG...I mean they are BOTH BG."
Right. Do this. Oh no, don't. Do this instead.

"Look at the mannerisms, pay attention to them. Do you know someone who has these mannerisms?"

BUT, this dude is not walking normally because he is on a bridge with rickety boards, gaps, etc. So, don't pay attention to his walk because it is not how he would normally walk.

OK then, how about his facial mannerisms? Does he blink alot? Have a twitch? Talk to himself? Look around a lot? Oh, no, well, first of all his face is not at all clear. Secondly, he's constantly looking down because he has to pay attention to the surface he is walking on so he doesn't step in a hole. So, looking down as he walks is probably not normal for him either. And constantly looking down likely makes his shoulders roll forward a bit, too. Oh, and then there's the possibility he has disguised his face somehow so any facial mannerisms are likely not able to be properly evaluated anyway.

Ok, so now what? Oh yeah, his body posture, and his hands and arms. Oh well, none of that seems to be very normal either. He has loose fitting clothes on, and he seems to have some sort of items stashed inside the front of his coat and possibly in his coat and/or pants pockets as well. And, because of this hidden stuff, he has to keep his hands down and close to his body so his precious items don't fall out.

So, what the HE-double L is "normal" about his mannerisms that someone supposedly should be able to recognize??????

I just don't get it.

JMO, etc...

Last edited:
The "new" sketch actually came before the other sketch was even created or released. This younger perp sketch was made only a few days after the murder, involving an eye witness who saw something she felt needed to be reported - we don't know what/where/when she saw what she saw, but LE seems to think this is the most accurate representation now of the Bridge Guy, the man on the video, the man they view as responsible for the deaths of Libby and Abby.

The more well known "original" sketch of the older guy with golf cap was made and released 5 months after the murders. It's been called a composite and I'm not clear on the circumstances involving that sketch, perhaps someone else as the official word on that one.

So people are curious as to why LE ignored the earlier (now primary) sketch and went with the later one for so long, which has now been discarded.
On the crimecon family interview with Ashley Banfield the officer said several sketches were mad of different people and they had all been cleared or id’ed if I remeber correctly. Maybe they thought this new sketch was someone that had been cleared, but turned out the witness said it was a different person, so back to that sketch. All moo

As others have stated, I believe he was holding weaponry; his murderous tools.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Right. Do this. Oh no, don't. Do this instead.

"Look at the mannerisms, pay attention to them. Do you know someone who has these mannerisms?"

BUT, this dude is not walking normally because he is on a bridge with rickety boards, gaps, etc. So, don't pay attention to his walk because it is not how he would normally walk.

OK then, how about his facial mannerisms? Does he blink alot? Have a twitch? Talk to himself? Look around a lot? Oh, no, well, first of all his face is not at all clear. Secondly, he's constantly looking down because he has to pay attention to the surface he is walking on so he doesn't step in a hole. So, looking down as he walks is probably not normal for him either. And constantly looking down likely makes his shoulders roll forward a bit, too. Oh, and then there's the possibility he has disguised his face somehow so any facial mannerisms are likely not able to be properly evaluated anyway.

Ok, so now what? Oh yeah, his body posture, and his hands and arms. Oh well, none of that seems to be very normal either. He has loose fitting clothes on, and he seems to have some sort of items stashed inside the front of his coat and possibly in his coat and/or pants pockets as well. And, because of this hidden stuff, he has to keep his hands down and close to his body so his precious items don't fall out.

So, what the HE-double L is "normal" about his mannerisms that we supposedly should be able to recognize??????

I just don't get it.
It's something someone will recognize.

Oooooh. I like the receptionist, switchboard operator speculation. Some place you frequently call in to. That’s a good one...

A dispatcher.

Anyone who gets up in front of groups of people and speaks publically, too.

A politician.
A pastor.
An auctioneer.
An MC at a theater production.
An announcer at a county fair.

I hope that the courts draw an analogy to other things that don’t require a warrant. You leave your fingerprints at the scene of a crime—tough luck. You get photographed by a security camera—you can’t claim that you never gave permission for the camera to take your picture. I know none of these things are the same, but there are similarities.

They need a warrant to take DNA directly from a suspect—but they don’t, to take it from the scene of the crime. And I believe that high courts have already ruled that LE can take something you’ve discarded and test it for DNA.

So—I wonder if genetic genealogy actually is much different from old-school police work, where you combine crime-scene evidence, tips, and end up with possible suspects.
Excellent analogies!! Agree 100%!

On the topic of the long list of facts that LE has never released.....

MAP: Where the two bodies were found near Delphi
On this link is the aerial video by RTV6, which I think is one and the same as IndyChannel?

Notice the location where it’s indicated the bodies were found is quite a bit further away, very close to the end of N375w? Why’s that I wonder, given the network had the advantage of flying around in circles overhead, observing the follow up investigation take place?

Does anyone remember, has LE ever confirmed the actual location where the bodies were found was on RLs land? Or any family members involved in the search? Because I can’t find any such confirmation.

My best recollect, it was RL who was interviewed and announced the bodies were found on his property because of crime scene tape. The media then ran with it. Yet the area he pointed out on Inside Edition iirc gave no hint of it being a murder site. Leaves still remained on the ground and I recall it being described as “pristine”. Yellow police tape is utilized to preserve an area evidence might be found pertaining to a crime, not only a murder site. In a large outdoor area LE could easily have identified several areas pertinent to potential evidence collection. Could’ve RL made an unreliable assumption the bodies where found at bottom of his property?

Really “out there” I know but I’m reflecting on this statement in connection to the widely believed location of discovery, quite close to DTH and just across the river, not far from the cemetery and road underneath the bridge. But is that “fact” accurate?

BBM

“And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

Last edited:

A dispatcher.

Someone whose voice just sounds similar to someone else you know...or sounds similar to someone on television.

Anyone who gets up in front of groups of people and speaks publically, too.

A politician.
A pastor.
An auctioneer.
An MC at a theater production.
An announcer at a county fair.

I’m no help because I thought he was mimicking the initiating thought process of a potential tipster who hadn’t yet called in, leading toward “Yes, I know that voice!”

Otherwise my first thought was what a foolish thing for a police officer to say if he was insinuating he holds the key to unlock the case but he can’t remember why he knows the voice. Instead the onus is placed on the public to provide that “one tip”. That just seems a little weird IMO.

Trust me guys and gals...I have a feeling deep within my heart. LE will make an arrest on this case. Hope can be dangerous, but I will never give it up.

I believe there will be an arrest and a conviction. I am optimistic that it will eventually happen, just trying to be realistic on the timeframe.

I’m no help because I thought he was mimicking the initiating thought process of a potential tipster who hadn’t yet called in, leading toward “Yes, I know that voice!”

Otherwise my first thought was what a foolish thing for a police officer to say if he was insinuating he holds the key to unlock the case but he can’t remember why he knows the voice. Instead the onus is placed on the public to provide that “one tip”. That just seems a little weird IMO.

I agree. He could've just been saying that to make BG nervous, BG could have one of those voices that sounds similar to a lot of other people's voices (when I hear the short clip, he sounds like several people in my own life), or after so many tips and interviews Carter could just be weary.

At the VERY beginning of the case, LE made a statement that they "might" have already interviewed BG. In the last presser, it just sounded like they were repeating that statement. I take it with a grain of salt, or in a general sense, simply due to the fact that there is precedent. It wouldn't be the first time that a cop interviewed the perp early on and didn't realize what they had at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr