Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karissa was receiving food stamps (Oregon trail card). It looks like a credit card and social services loads the monthly tanf and food money onto it electronically each mth. In order to get these services, the state will help the client go after the bio parent to help offset the states expenses. Oregon usually orders high support for the non custodial parent

I suspect the custody threats were nothing more than threats. It's a shame he didn't just offer to sign over his rights and leave them alone forever. I'm guess Karissa would have taken that deal.
It would take 6 to 8 mths for this tohappen in Oregon cases. Many many many hearings and judges here want non custodial parents to bond with their kids unless they have a criminal history before terminating parental rights.

BBM

Karissa looked so loving and close to little Billy in the FB photos. :(

Snipped & BBM....I specifically noticed that too. U could really see how much mother and son loved each other. I bet she was a great mom and very caring to adorable little Billy. This makes me so terribly sad.

It would take 6 to 8 mths for this tohappen in Oregon cases. Many many many hearings and judges here want non custodial parents to bond with their kids unless they have a criminal history before terminating parental rights.
I’m out of the house so can’t easily look up links but allegedly KF did say she was afraid of MW. Wouldn’t it be amazing if this case would compel legislative changes, either to the parental rights and or the requirement of parental support in order to obtain state benefits in certain established situations ...call it “Karissa’s law”

When I saw the news, I went and hugged my son for an extra long time. So heartbreaking, this. I keep thinking of questions like who died first, but either answer is horrible. I’ve lost so much sleep. It’s really affected me more than I could imagine. The cruelty and senselessness of it.

It really is a tragedy. I can’t even imagine what their family is feeling right now. I don’t even know them and I feel sick to my stomach all of the time.

When I saw the news, I went and hugged my son for an extra long time. So heartbreaking, this. I keep thinking of questions like who died first, but either answer is horrible. I’ve lost so much sleep. It’s really affected me more than I could imagine. The cruelty and senselessness of it.

It really is a tragedy. I can’t even imagine what their family is feeling right now. I don’t even know them and I feel sick to my stomach all of the time.

I think that the most tragic aspect of this case is that Karissa almost certainly knew that not only was MW going to murder her, he was going to murder William. William probably understood that something bad was going to happen but was to young to understand. Do not know if it would be more tragic if Karissa had to watch as MW murdered her son or if William had to watch MW murder his mom.

I just hope that this case provokes the Judges of Yamhill County to take notice that our homicide rate is absurdly high. Law Enforcement has a near perfect record of solving murders. We have judges that will give a marijunna bootlegger a free pass for shooting at their landlord's children in retaliation for attempting to evict them.

Just as an aside, google

"Oregon HB 3200."

Here is the link

HB3200 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

So i was checking out Karissa's FB, it appears her Father passed away and she had gotten a memorial tattoo done in his loving memory.

His name was William A. Fretwell, nicknamed Billy. My heart swelled when I learnt that... what a beautiful tribute to name her precious Son after her Father.

Atleast they are all together in Heaven.

So i was checking out Karissa's FB, it appears her Father passed away and she had gotten a memorial tattoo done in his loving memory.

His name was William A. Fretwell, nicknamed Billy. My heart swelled when I learnt that... what a beautiful tribute to name her precious Son after her Father.

Atleast they are all together in Heaven.

That is a beautiful and comforting thought that I hope her loved ones take some comfort from.

JUN 19, 2019
'She was a resilient survivor': Morrison Campus remembers former student Karissa Fretwell
[...]

Morrison Campus Alternative School said Fretwell was an alumna and was volunteering at the school this year.

“She was warm hearted and eager to contribute at Morrison, and made many connections with students and staff,” the school wrote in a statement posted to Facebook.

The school says she will be remembered for her inquiring curiosity and positive, open friendliness.

“She was a resilient survivor and a role model for her determination to better both herself and to help others. We miss her already,” they wrote.

Students said Fretwell made them feel more comfortable in school and helped them with math.

Thursday, June 20th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm PT) - OR – Karissa Alyn Fretwell (25) & William “Billy” Alan Fretwell II (3) (last seen May 13, 2019, reported missing May 17, 2019, Salem; found June 15, 2019 approx. 10 miles west from Yamhill on Weyerhauser property off Turner Creek Rd. LE believe they were dead on May 16, 2019) – *Michael John Wolfe (52) “father of Billy” – sought for questioning since 5/23/19, arrested (5/23/19), charged (5/28/19) & indicted (6/6/19) with 2 counts of aggravated murder, 1 count of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence, & 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping. Held without bond.
Yamhill County will be transferred to Polk County
5/24/19 Update: DA received a 72-hour extension to file formal charges. Arraignment on 5/28.
5/28/19 Update: Wolfe appeared in court by video link from the jail. He’s been appointed a defense attorney. A plea entry will be made in the future. Wolfe's lawyer asks for extra week before preliminary hearing. Sufficient evidence to proceed with trial. A judge ordered he be held at the Yamhill County jail with no bail. Next court appearance June 7.

6/7/19 Update: Indicted on 6/6, arraignment hearing reset for 6/20 from 6/7.
6/14/19 Update: Searching since 5/17/19 the bodies of Karissa & Billy were found. The Yamhill County Sheriff's Office says the bodies were discovered Saturday (6/15/19) in a wooded & remote Yamhill County area, approximately 10 miles west of the City of Yamhill. The state medical examiner determined in an autopsy Sunday (6/16/19) that Karissa died of a single gunshot to the head and ruled the death a homicide. Billy’s cause & manner of death has not been determined, authorities said.

JUN 19, 2019
Police: Bodies of mom, son found where boy's father cut wood
[...]

“Really good detective work” led authorities to find the bodies of Karissa and Billy Fretwell on Saturday in a heavily wooded area northwest of the state capital of Salem, Yamhill County District Attorney Brad Berry said.

[...]

Wolfe, 52, had a permit to cut wood close to where the bodies were found, Berry said.

“I can’t tell you how the information came about,” the district attorney said of pinpointing the location. “I can tell you Wolfe was familiar with this area.”

[...]

Searchers had combed the area previously to no avail.

A firearm also has been found, but prosecutors said detectives don’t know yet if it’s the gun used to kill Fretwell.

[...]

I continue to be perplexed by the cell phone data implicating MW. It is difficult to believe that he was to ignorant and stupid to understand that he was essentially carrying a tracking device that would implicate him. I am beginning to suspect that Mr Wolfe did not intend to abduct or kill Karissa or William when he left work to go to Salem. My suspicion is that his original intent was to talk about the child support, visit WF, and seduce KF. KF refusing his overtures might have provoked a violent response. That is when he abducted them and took them to the Hopewell area where he killed them and left their bodies there.

Only later did MW realize that his phone would convict him of murder. He realized that it would be more difficult to convict him if the victims were never found. He returned to Hopewell later without his phone and may be in an older vehicle (old beater pickup?) To retrieve the bodies and haul them to the Turner Creek location.

At the risk of being gruesome, I would remind people that two human feet were found in the Yamhill river last summer.

Human foot found in dumpster near Newberg - oregonlive.com

It has been presumed that the two feet are probably from the same person who is probably a woman.

There has been no indication that the person that the feet are from has been identified nor has a cause ofdeath been established.

MW might have dismembered the bodies of KF and WF and dumped them near Turner Creek with the expectation that the various portions would be scatterred by animals until they were unrecognizable. The only portions of a human skelton that are easily recognizable as human are the skull, hands and feet. A shotgun at close range would make them unrecognizable. Eventually; the portions might end up in the creek to be washed down stream and scattered.

I continue to be perplexed by the cell phone data implicating MW. It is difficult to believe that he was to ignorant and stupid to understand that he was essentially carrying a tracking device that would implicate him. I am beginning to suspect that Mr Wolfe did not intend to abduct or kill Karissa or William when he left work to go to Salem. My suspicion is that his original intent was to talk about the child support, visit WF, and seduce KF. KF refusing his overtures might have provoked a violent response. That is when he abducted them and took them to the Hopewell area where he killed them and left their bodies there.

JMO, they were not dismembered and they were quickly discarded .

Only later did MW realize that his phone would convict him of murder. He realized that it would be more difficult to convict him if the victims were never found. He returned to Hopewell later without his phone and may be in an older vehicle (old beater pickup?) To retrieve the bodies and haul them to the Turner Creek location.

At the risk of being gruesome, I would remind people that two human feet were found in the Yamhill river last summer.

Human foot found in dumpster near Newberg - oregonlive.com

It has been presumed that the two feet are probably from the same person who is probably a woman.

There has been no indication that the person that the feet are from has been identified nor has a cause ofdeath been established.

MW might have dismembered the bodies of KF and WF and dumped them near Turner Creek with the expectation that the various portions would be scatterred by animals until they were unrecognizable. The only portions of a human skelton that are easily recognizable as human are the skull, hands and feet. A shotgun at close range would make them unrecognizable. Eventually; the portions might end up in the creek to be washed down stream and scattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam