MI MI - Kathy Wilcox, 15, Otsego, 17 July 1972

Kathy is not named but there is a search on going for 4-6 missing girls:
[h=1]Police search for 4 to 6 girls, long-missing, possibly buried in Mich. woods[/h]
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Police are digging in woods northeast of Detroit near where the body of a 13-year-old girl who went missing in 1986 was found more than a decade ago. The Macomb Daily newspaper reports that authorities are digging Tuesday morning in a wooded area of Macomb Township in the hopes of finding the remains of four to six young girls who they believe may be connected to an already-convicted murderer.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police...s-long-missing-possibly-buried-in-mich-woods/

More updates in Kimberly's Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?16498-MI-Kimberly-King-12-Warren-16-Sept-1979/page5

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Otsego is on the other side of MI from Ream's supposed hunting grounds.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Otsego is on the other side of MI from Ream's supposed hunting grounds.

I was just bumping up any cold Michigan cases of girls under 20 that didn't have a clear suspect named. They are currently searching for remains of up to 7 missing girls. Only 3 girls have been named by LE and a couple other potential cases brought up by the press. So who are the additional ones they think he is responsible for? You may be right and Otsego might be too far but anything is possible with a car, IMO. Here is the Suspected Serial Killer's thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...d-Rapist-Murderer-amp-Suspected-Serial-Killer

All three of these men were in Kathy's life at her time of disappearance. Terry Scott McQueer is the one that is being looked at were just trying to find the connection on the last day once that is found then the questions and prosecution will follow.

I was just bumping up any cold Michigan cases of girls under 20 that didn't have a clear suspect named. They are currently searching for remains of up to 7 missing girls. Only 3 girls have been named by LE and a couple other potential cases brought up by the press. So who are the additional ones they think he is responsible for? You may be right and Otsego might be too far but anything is possible with a car, IMO. Here is the Suspected Serial Killer's thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...d-Rapist-Murderer-amp-Suspected-Serial-Killer

There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread, but the family seems to be convinced that Kathy was murdered by Terry Scott McQueer.

There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread, but the family seems to be convinced that Kathy was murdered by Terry Scott McQueer.

Thanks, I wasn't aware he had become a suspect. Last I read in the thread they were just trying to track him down as a POI who worked a tree farm at the time Kathy disappeared.

Kathy's sister has a facebook page "Find Kathy Sue Wilcox". I have been following it for some time. So heartbreaking.

Kathy's sister has a facebook page "Find Kathy Sue Wilcox". I have been following it for some time. So heartbreaking.

What's really heart breaking is she stopped posting on it. She doesn't even have Kathy's picture as a profile pic on the FB page. She has a pic of when they were little as the cover pic.

A friend of ours Ardis (Who's daughter Paige Renkoski is missing) passed right before Christmas. She had the interview with Fox 17 where she pretty much said she's not working Kathy's case any more. Looks like NCMEC won't do an age progression for her; probably between that, Ardis passing, Karen also was sick, and who knows what else; she gave up.

I'm very anti what she said about NCMEC too. Kathy's case is just as important as every other case there. I'm really disgusted with NCMEC for what they've been doing with some older MP cases. They sure don't seem to have a problem giving resources to older Doe cases though because that seems to be "where the money is" with some recent cases getting solved even though they had nothing to do with them being solved. There name gets added due to them doing a recon. If Karen doesn't keep Kathy's story out there the right person that maybe can give a tip may not see it and info could be lost forever such as Eric Franks case where the mother of his child passed away before being interviewed by LE

Find Kathy Sue Wilcox facebook page

Otsego teen vanished in 1972, never forgotten on Christmas birthday - Posted 5:32 PM, December 25, 2017, by Darren Cunningham, Updated at 05:33PM, December 25, 2017

Wilcox thinks the boys her sister had been spending time with at a Christmas tree farm must know something. But she said she's started to come to grips her family may never get the closure they deserve.

“Some pretty significant things had happened that made me realize I really need to let go. I really need to let go because it’s not helping me. It’s not helping my sister's case," she said.

Wilcox said the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children recently told her they typically stop doing age progression photos after so many years. She said it's time for energy and resources to shift away from this case.

“Every minute there's missing people. The numbers are phenomenal. If whatever money they’re putting with efforts on my sister's case I just think if the potential to save a young life or any life would mean a lot, and I just think that’s where the money should go,” Wilcox explained.

In the meantime, she continues hoping whoever knows something has a conscious and comes forward.

It looks like her sister had Kathy declared deceased and ever since her goal has changed from finding Kathy to finding closure.

It's upsetting that Kathy's sister isn't posting on the FB page anymore, but like Two for the road said above me, it seems like she's looking to find closure. Maybe she's attempting to find that by staying away from the case, at least publicly. I wasn't aware that NCMEC was so choosy about who they did age progressions for. Obviously they can't do one for every missing child, but I guess I just thought maybe when it was requested then it was done. You learn something new everyday.

Kathy has been missing for 46 years today, thinking of her and her family. Her sister recently had her declared legally dead, I'm sure it was an agonizing decision for her to make. I hope she's able to find answers as well as closure.

Praying one days she's found so her sister and friend can heal. It wouldn't surprise me if she's in a potters field buried as unknown that's not online like Linda Pagano. She's the 5th case (if I remember correctly) to have that happen. My friends sister Lori Eblin was also just found in a recently added find a grave memorial with her last name spelled wrong . They can't do dna cause she was cremated but the ME took photos so they know it's Lori in the grave .

Last edited:
After years of holding on to hope that Kathy would return, family members now believe that Kathy is deceased & perhaps a victim of murder. Kathy's sister stated Kathy had become rebellious prior to her disappearance and was associating with a rough crowd. Little information is available in her case, which remains unsolved.

Cold Case Otsego: The Disappearance Of Kathy Sue Wilcox

KSWilcox.jpg
KSWilcox1.jpg

Right: Age-Progressed to age 46 (circa 2003)

Kathy Sue Wilcox
Missing since July 12, 1972 from Otsego, Allegan County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: December 25, 1956
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" (163 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, shoulder length hair; gray eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Healed, multiple leg fractures. Right or left index finger has a hooked fingernail. Broken toes late 60's early 70's, may not show in post x-rays.
    • Clothing: Last seen wearing blue jeans and a purple shirt.
    • Dentals: Never had been to the dentist. Unknown level of dental health/decay.
    • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Wilcox was last seen leaving her home on July 12, 1972 to go for a walk. She never returned home and has not been heard from since.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Otsego Police Department
269-692-6111

Or

Allegan County Cold Cases
Detective Bruce Beckman
269-692-6111
--
Detective Pat Oreilly
269-673-0500 ext. 4263

Or
Allegan County Cold Cases
Detective Bruce Beckman
269-692-6111
--
Detective Pat Oreilly
269-673-0500 ext. 4263
Or
D/Tpr. Scott Ernstes
269-792-2213

NCMEC #: NCMC604875

Case Number: 626-72

NCIC Number: M-709542472
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
NamUs
The Doe Network

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 1367DFMI

Kathy Sue Wilcox
  • kathy_sue_wilcox_1.jpg
  • kathy_sue_wilcox_2.jpg
  • kathy_sue_wilcox_3.jpg
  • kathy_sue_wilcox_4.jpg
Kathy, circa 1972; Age-progression to age 57 (circa 2014)

• Missing Since07/12/1972
  • Missing FromOtsego, Michigan
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth12/25/1956 (63)
  • Age15 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA purple shirt and blue jeans.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, gray eyes. Kathy has healed fractures in her legs. She also broke her toes in the late 1960s or early 1970s, but these injuries may not show in an X-ray. She has a hooked fingernail on one of her index fingers.
Details of Disappearance
Kathy was last seen leaving her Otsego, Michigan residence on July 12, 1972. She got into a family argument and left her house on west Franklin Street angily, on foot.

As she was leaving she said, "I will never see you again." Kathy never returned home and has never been heard from again. She left all her belongings and money behind.

Her sister is still alive and searching for her. She stated Kathy had become rebellious prior to her disappearance and was associating with rough people. Little information is available in her case, which remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Otsego Police Department 269-692-6111
Source Information

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members