Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any toll booths between Farmington and New Canaan?
This got me to thinking - aside from toll booths, are there other government or state highway cameras installed? For example, in FL and I believe MA, there are cameras on traffic lights so they can take photos of plates when a driver runs a red light. I don't know if they operate 24/7 or if they only get triggered by someone going through a red or yellow. In MA, I feel like the state police could capture at least a 1/3 of the highway traffic by installing cameras at key intersections like 93/95. I know when I go to Hartford, I spend just about forever on Rte 84 and it seems that cameras at a few spots would pick up a lot of intel. I get the impression that most of the camera footage so far has come from businesses and residences.

Short interview with FD realtor by local news station: Video: Realtor for Fotis and Jennifer Dulos weighs in on investigation

Interview says little IMO and reporter says other segments from the interview with the Realtor will follow. Perhaps Pattis is trying to find people to go public with saying they know FD? IDK but this guy interviewed was hedging his bets!

I knew I had read it somewhere.

Before being jailed in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos, her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, faced a downward spiral in his business and marriage

Dulos’ problems — splashed all over the local and national media — have already spawned at least one “vulture offer” from a buyer for one of Dulos’ properties that is for sale at 80 Mountain Spring Road, the sight of intense police searching in the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

“I was asked to put an offer in at significantly below the list price, less than half,” said Rob Giuffria, managing broker at Tea Leaf Realty in West Hartford and a longtime agent for upscale homes. “They know what has happened. They haven’t been in it. But they like the pictures they’ve seen, and they’ve driven by it.”

His finances are fishy, imo. And it's not a coincidence imo that the marriage fell apart when JD's father, who was supplying financial support to FD, died. And it's not a coincidence imo that JD was killed when she started bringing up FD's finances in court during the divorce.

He's either a really dumb business man or he's been running a shady business. Or both, I suppose.

jmo

I think he was running a shady business; if FD was just dumb, I don’t think HF would have been taken in to the tune of so many millions of dollars, regardless of how much he was trying to support his daughter. Building all of those houses on spec, at a time when the bottom had fallen out of the housing market (even worse for such high end homes), just doesn’t look right to me-doesn’t make sense. I think HF would have known that FD was stupid, if he was, and rather than forking over what appears to be upwards of $10 million over time, he would have just encouraged JD to divorce him. Because HF was getting paid back periodically, I don’t think he realized that he was contributing to what appears to be some sort of pyramid scheme. It appears that FD could not let JD know what was going on with the financial sleight of hand so he had to kill her...and, there’s that whole control of the kids issue on top of it. I think LE will be able to put together a case for murder by FD, even without her body, because of the evidence we know already, and because of the financial incentive. I am recalling Irene Silverman, killed by Sante and Kenny Kimes. Irene’s body was never found, and the financial motive was proven-they were both convicted. I think LE may be working on the financial motive.

I think he was running a shady business; if FD was just dumb, I don’t think HF would have been taken in to the tune of so many millions of dollars, regardless of how much he was trying to support his daughter. Building all of those houses on spec, at a time when the bottom had fallen out of the housing market (even worse for such high end homes), just doesn’t look right to me-doesn’t make sense. I think HF would have known that FD was stupid, if he was, and rather than forking over what appears to be upwards of $10 million over time, he would have just encouraged JD to divorce him. Because HF was getting paid back periodically, I don’t think he realized that he was contributing to what appears to be some sort of pyramid scheme. It appears that FD could not let JD know what was going on with the financial sleight of hand so he had to kill her...and, there’s that whole control of the kids issue on top of it. I think LE will be able to put together a case for murder by FD, even without her body, because of the evidence we know already, and because of the financial incentive. I am recalling Irene Silverman, killed by Sante and Kenny Kimes. Irene’s body was never found, and the financial motive was proven-they were both convicted. I think LE may be working on the financial motive.
Yes. I'm with you that he is not dumb, and I also suspect it is some sort of pyramid scheme....plus I'm thinking there are transactions to hide something.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it....but the business makes no sense, imo. And a wife is dead who was asking for financial information to be presented at court.

jmo

When I think about what we know about FD from LE docs and MSM, I don’t think he’s stupid. Rather, I think he has too big of an ego, feels entitled, operates in gray areas, and cuts corners to try to make things happen financially. Then gets weird and angry and dangerous when things aren’t going the way he wants. White collar criminals have this affliction, which is why they get caught. It is too hard these days to pull a lot of this stuff off. And he’s not a professional murderer, or murderer planner, so he’s bound to make a few mistakes. Or, murder is just very hard to pull off. We’ll see what happens.

Some 2018 articles of interest about illegal trash dumping in Hartford. Apparently this is a common thing!

Hartford Looks to End Illegal Dumping

"From recliners to TVs to sheetrock to just garbage, people illegally pile their trash on the sidewalks and then take off, knowing that someone will eventually come along to clean it up.

"It's businessmen, it's doctors, it's lawyers who own properties who are hiring people to clean their apartments out. Instead of them going to get permits in whatever town they live in, it seems like they take it to Hartford and Hartford will clean it up," said Hartford DPW Superintendent Vernon Matthews."

and this one!!

Hartford Police Nab Man Accused of Dumping 20 Bags of Garbage Alongside Road

"City police have arrested a man accused of illegally dumping more than 20 bags brimming with trash beside a North End road."
and
"Peterson, who gave his name to the owner as "Easy," promised he had proper disposal permits and said he could bring the waste to the dump for $300, according to Reginald Freeman, Hartford's fire chief and interim director of public works.

Instead, Freeman said, Peterson pocketed the money and jettisoned the trash from his green pickup at the intersection of Love Lane and Vine Street — the latter being the street Peterson lives on."

The only thing I find confusing about the idea that they used the stock photo of the Suburban because of damage to the car (broken windshield, for example)while asking for information or anyone who saw the car to contact them is that if there was any kind of identifying factor like that then wouldn't it make sense to say "did you see this car with a broken windshield?" to the public? It would certainly cut down on people calling in every black Suburban they saw.
Way behind since I took a break for the weekend, and this has probably already been addressed, but if JD's car was damaged during whatever happened in the garage that morning, it is something the killer would know, but not the general public. I assume that is why they aren't using an actual photo and making any damage that may exist public knowledge; it's something for the killer to let slip, and also a way to filter through tips.

Some 2018 articles of interest about illegal trash dumping in Hartford. Apparently this is a common thing!

"From recliners to TVs to sheetrock to just garbage, people illegally pile their trash on the sidewalks and then take off, knowing that someone will eventually come along to clean it up.

"It's businessmen, it's doctors, it's lawyers who own properties who are hiring people to clean their apartments out. Instead of them going to get permits in whatever town they live in, it seems like they take it to Hartford and Hartford will clean it up," said Hartford DPW Superintendent Vernon Matthews."

and this one!!

"City police have arrested a man accused of illegally dumping more than 20 bags brimming with trash beside a North End road."
and
"Peterson, who gave his name to the owner as "Easy," promised he had proper disposal permits and said he could bring the waste to the dump for $300, according to Reginald Freeman, Hartford's fire chief and interim director of public works.

Instead, Freeman said, Peterson pocketed the money and jettisoned the trash from his green pickup at the intersection of Love Lane and Vine Street — the latter being the street Peterson lives on."

The authorities are saying he dumped into more than 30 dumpsters:

State police search the area of Albany Avenue in Hartford on May 31 after discovering Fotis Dulos discarded garbage bags in more than 30 trash bins one week earlier, according to his arrest warrant.
Around the same time as Jennifer Dulos was reported missing, police said Fotis Dulos and Troconis were seen on surveillance video in Hartford. According to arrest warrants, Fotis Dulos was seen tossing garbage bags into more than 30 trash bins along a four-mile stretch of Albany Avenue . Tests revealed Jennifer Dulos’ blood was found on some of the bags, the warrants said.

Police said the bags contained clothes and household items, such as kitchen sponges, that were stained with blood, the warrants said.

According to the arrest warrant, a black Ford F-150 Raptor caught on security video was traced to Fotis Dulos. The warrant also revealed Fotis Dulos and Troconis’ cellphones were in the Hartford area when the footage was captured.

One video clip showed a man inserting an item into a storm drain grate near Garden Street. Detectives later searched the area and recovered two Connecticut license plates that had been altered with adhesive and tape, the warrant said. The plate was connected to a canceled registration for a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban belonging to Fotis Dulos.

“Why do you think he is in such jeopardy? His behavior with the bags, if it can be proven, is deeply troubling and requires an explanation,” Norm Pattis, Fotis Dulos’ attorney, told NBC last week. “We understand and accept that.”
New Canaan missing woman Jennifer Dulos disappearance: 5 key pieces of evidence

and this one!!

and

This happens everywhere-right down the street from us is a beautiful trout fishing stream, and when driving by there sometimes I see that someone has unloaded a stack of old tires, old tv sets, etc. that they were too cheap to take to the dump we have in town. That’s all it is here, because it is the same amount of effort to dump it on the roadside, rather than taking it to the dump.

This happens everywhere-right down the street from us is a beautiful trout fishing stream, and when driving by there sometimes I see that someone has unloaded a stack of old tires, old tv sets, etc. that they were too cheap to take to the dump we have in town. That’s all it is here, because it is the same amount of effort to dump it on the roadside, rather than taking it to the dump.

True, it is everywhere.
What I found interesting was that there was an actual scam attached to it where people took the money to take stuff to the dump and then just dumped it on the road and kept money.

His finances are fishy, imo. And it's not a coincidence imo that the marriage fell apart when JD's father, who was supplying financial support to FD, died. And it's not a coincidence imo that JD was killed when she started bringing up FD's finances in court during the divorce.

He's either a really dumb business man or he's been running a shady business. Or both, I suppose.

jmo

Yes. And I do not believe in coincidences!

True, it is everywhere.
What I found interesting was that there was an actual scam attached to it where people took the money to take stuff to the dump and then just dumped it on the road and kept money.

I think that, too, happens everywhere. There is no end to the bad behavior people will exhibit for money, is there?

Yes. I'm with you that he is not dumb, and I also suspect it is some sort of pyramid scheme....plus I'm thinking there are transactions to hide something.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it....but the business makes no sense, imo. And a wife is dead who was asking for financial information to be presented at court.

jmo
I also believe and have since the beginning, that the construction business may have started out well but the prior few years (before January 2017) it had been operating on negative cash flow and he was not repaying his loans when the houses sold (court documents). It could be that a plan formed early on to kill her and still keep control of the trust fund - all speculation.

I live less than 10 miles from JD's house, and yesterday I drove by a decent-sized BOAT that had been dumped under an underpass. (Probably should have checked to see if there was anything in it... o_O)

I live less than 10 miles from JD's house, and yesterday I drove by a decent-sized BOAT that had been dumped under an underpass. (Probably should have checked to see if there was anything in it... o_O)

Geez! Like, not even on a trailer? That is really random, people are strange creatures!

[/QUOTE]@kimch33kim. Given your background in forensic accting (based on you profile) I wonder if you have thoughts about how FD could have worked over the years to possibly move money from the US to destinations far away in advance of divorce from JD?

We know that the affair with MT started over a year before JD left Farmington with the children and eventually moved to rental house in New Canaan. So, FD certainly had ample time to essentially strip the Fore Group assets/cash over a period of a few years. It could have been as simple as paying his architect in Greece for 'services rendered' and then sending money to Greece IMO. We know that FD has family ties to Greece/Turkey and family court testimony mentioned FD threats to take the children to Agentina (location familar to MT as this is where her baby daddy resides) to live.

We know that prior to his death JD father funded Fore Group and various estimates have been given about the amount of funding but $10 million range seems conservative (some funds were repaid but GF has been in court to sue FD/Fore Group for amounts that were not repaid). We have FD testimony in family court about no cash flow in 2019 and how his financial condition was such that he was requesting JD to pay his atty fees in family court. So far as I can tell (some family court records are sealed) its not even clear that FD presented his tax returns to the court to demonstrate his inability to pay legal fees etc.

We have seen nearly 2 years of motion after motion in Family Court by FD designed to do anything/everything to keep FD from presenting financial records to the court. Ditto on the financial disclosure issue in the GF/Estate of JD Father case against FD. We see 6 unsold multimillion dollar houses in CT (Farmington and New Canaan) which appear to be very overpriced relative to market condition and all of which carry hefty tax bills that must be kept current. We also see the CF Farmington house (50:50 owned with JD) going into foreclosure. So, on the surface it doesn't appear FD is the successful real estate entrepreneur that he claims to be in his bio on the Fore Group Website. But I wonder if FD was able to get a good deal of cash outside the reach of the US govt and he did it while battling in court about disclosing his financial situation?[/QUOTE]

I'm only on page 2 of this thread, trying to catch up. In regards to your last paragraph I'd like to add the following. While searching the data base for the Fore Group business registration records. It appears that things got sloppy beginning in 2012. Records were filed in a timely fashion from 3/07/207 through 03/23/2011. Then they were recorded as follows -
Report 2012 filed 04/18/2013
Report 2012 filed 04/18/2013
Report 2014 filed 11/12/2014
Report 2015 filed 08/27/2015
Report 2016 filed 05/03/2016
Report 2017 filed 04/19/2017
There is no report filed for 2018 nor for 2019.
I'm of the opinion that FD is seriously struggling financially and would do just about anything to conceal that information. I also think that with regards to his 401k that it does not contain a large amount of money. If he had hundreds of thousands in a 401k I doubt NP would ask the court for control of the fund as it wouldn't be necessary. All JMO
ETA adding link CTData SOTS Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member