Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to this. I saved this picture a while back to discuss, and this seems like a good place.

View attachment 189552

Edited to add link:https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1e...67-NJC-9827.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=crop

I see crime tape, an embankment and what looks like two vehicles parked at the top of the photo. But I was under the impression that the crime scene was a long way from a road. Is there anyone that would like to take a gander?

There is not that much crime scene tape is that photo. I would’ve expected to see a much larger area taped off it that were where the bodies were found.
JMOO

Just for the heck of it I mapped out the possible route from the crime scene (approximately) to the Old CPS building. If BG left the crime scene and got back on the path and headed west, north west towards that CPS parking lot it measures just over a mile. Distance from the crime scene to the trail head where the girls were dropped off is approximately 1/2 mile.

This is my interpretation, opinion only and in no way an official map. Just thought it may help some wanting to see the locations mapped out.
upload_2019-6-19_10-23-23.png

Just for the heck of it I mapped out the possible route from the crime scene (approximately) to the Old CPS building. If BG left the crime scene and got back on the path and headed west, north west towards that CPS parking lot it measures just over a mile. Distance from the crime scene to the trail head where the girls were dropped off is approximately 1/2 mile.

This is my interpretation, opinion only and in no way an official map. Just thought it may help some wanting to see the locations mapped out.
View attachment 189561
This is why I have so much trouble accepting him parking there, especially if he intended harm when he entered the trail. I'm still curious about the storage place. It's within sight of the girls drop off location.

This is why I have so much trouble accepting him parking there, especially if he intended harm when he entered the trail. I'm still curious about the storage place. It's within sight of the girls drop off location.
And it sure is a lot closer than the CPS building isn't it! I think that is a public storage facility. Wonder if LE checked out all those who rent units there.

There is not that much crime scene tape is that photo. I would’ve expected to see a much larger area taped off it that were where the bodies were found.
JMOO

Yes, I agree...except investigators needed a route to the river for other searches of evidence and about the only place close to park was the cemetery.. which the path from the cemetery to the area where the girls were found should have also been taped off.

And it sure is a lot closer than the CPS building isn't it! I think that is a public storage facility. Wonder if LE checked out all those who rent units there.

Although I have no inside information whatsoever, my gut tells me he left there where he did so he could exit up the hill to the cemetery... perhaps not even on the beaten path there.. but more to the east in thick cover of the woods. Then if he peeked out, he could see if there was anyone else at the cemetery and if not, come out to his vehicle.

Although I have no inside information whatsoever, my gut tells me he left there where he did so he could exit up the hill to the cemetery... perhaps not even on the beaten path there.. but more to the east in thick cover of the woods. Then if he peeked out, he could see if there was anyone else at the cemetery and if not, come out to his vehicle.
The cemetery is the most obvious and convenient place no doubt.

Thought I would pass this along. It kind of gives insight to the local area. It is the Carroll County Comet newsletter put out just after the murders. There are a few Op Eds that are interesting reading. Also Obits for both girls within the newsletter.

2017 February 22

Last edited:
I don’t know specifically how things work, but in 2001 the 16 y/o daughter of an acquaintance disappeared. During the investigation, LE found phone records that led to a POI - a 35 y/o married man. Police attempted to question him but he hired an attorney and refused all contact with the police.

Police followed him and also tried to question some neighbors, co-workers, etc. His attorney accused the police of harassment and was able to obtain an order barring the police from further “harassment”.

I wonder if something similar could be going on behind the scenes in Delphi?

I think possibly there could be and it is very worrying.
JMO

How about the mailman or mailwoman? I would bet in a small town like Delphi that people are friendly with their daily mailman. I have had countless conversations with mine over the years.
From what LE has said, how about a close associate of the family? Maybe even someone they might have called for support and help, early on? ISP is re-looking early alibis and changing their investigative strategy. Seems to me that's a result of some very harsh and shocking discoveries. It's like there was a big elephant "in the room", "hiding in plain sight", who "likes to be in control" and likes to "know the things [LE] knows". It was also very obvious and important to the ISP that it should be understood by the media that the families would need a couple weeks to themselves after hearing what they heard that day. IMO, all that adds up to the killer being much closer to the family then was previously thought. That is where every murder investigation starts, with those closest to the victims and then those closest to them. AJMO

One of the things that nags at me. Most people carry a cellphone these days. Was he not expecting these kids to have cellphones? Where the heck is he from? He knows the area. But was he not expecting cellphones?
This is truly perplexing to me as well. I’ve twisted my brain into circles trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why BG (now identified as relatively younger than original implied) would not have factored in cell phones.

Factored in 1) that they would have one in the first place (that could record, dial 911 etc), and/or 2) that he needed to dispose of Libby’s cell after the murders.

The only plausible explanation IMO, is that it required too much focus to control the girls in the first place to worry about the phone, AND that he had to scaddaddle out of there in a huge hurry. This leads me to think he may have actually still been there (at the crime scene) as DG was arriving and heard people starting to look for the girls.

All MOO.

Last edited:
Thought I would pass this along. It kind of gives insight to the local area. It is the Carroll County Comet newsletter put out just after the murders. There are a few Op Eds that are interesting reading. Also Obits for both girls within the newsletter.

2017 February 22

Thank you so much for posting this. I have put it in the media thread. Some wonderfully written articles in that, which I have not read before at all.

Yes to this. I saved this picture a while back to discuss, and this seems like a good place.

View attachment 189552

Edited to add link:https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1e...67-NJC-9827.jpg?width=520&height=390&fit=crop

I see crime tape, an embankment and what looks like two vehicles parked at the top of the photo. But I was under the impression that the crime scene was a long way from a road. Is there anyone that would like to take a gander?

If you look close and zoom in to pic you can see something orange laying on the ground. That is why the small piece of crime scene tape is there. I've blown it up but cannot see what it is, can anyone else? This looks like the car at the top is parked on the private road that goes under the bridge so I think this is the hill that they went down IMO. Were there other pics?because it is very hard to identify as the Delphi crime scene - it could be any crime scene. The link doesn't tell us anything specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member