Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I think both Imes, and Melissa are very in tune with this jury after seeing them for months now.

Imo, both feel the state doesn't need to show any further information on how bad CM is.

The murders themselves...how they were done..why they were done, and who all his victims were.. shows the jury CM is one of the worst.

His career congames can't begin to compare to the ultimate violent homicides he did against all 4 of his victims.

Imo, the state knows the jury is ready to deliberate his fate now without any further add ons.

Since the DT did not put on a case in this phase it's a wise move by the state to make it only about the murders.

It shrinks any appeal issue greatly imo.

JMHOO
BBM, I agree, and all his previous crimes of theft, fraud etc. pale in comparison to the horrific murders he committed on the McStay family. I hope they throw the book at him and he gets the full extent of what punishment is due to him.

Hi,
I am new to reading about this horriffic case. I had a vague memory of a family that "just disappeared" years ago and then I found out by googling that they were allegedly murdered by a business associate. I have a question... What was all that stuff years ago about this family having gone to Mexico? Was there actually video footage of them crossing the border or was that faked somehow by the murderer? Did the alleged murderer make up the "gone to Mexico" story to throw off the police? Thank you!!!!

I'm up to day 24 videos, just listening. I wonder if that nervous defense guy has ever learned, even to today, what a google drop down search consists of. I felt like jumping off the couch and swatting him, he kept saying the same wrong thing over and over. What lawyer (or teenager) doesn't know how to use google?

Hi,
I am new to reading about this horriffic case. I had a vague memory of a family that "just disappeared" years ago and then I found out by googling that they were allegedly murdered by a business associate. I have a question... What was all that stuff years ago about this family having gone to Mexico? Was there actually video footage of them crossing the border or was that faked somehow by the murderer? Did the alleged murderer make up the "gone to Mexico" story to throw off the police? Thank you!!!!

Their car was parked in a parking lot, in a strip mall, near the border. They went through video and the morons saw a family of 4 and said it must be them. It was not them. The family said they didn't think it was them, the video was horrible to say the least. Most of the family said that Summer would NEVER go to Mexico. Law enforcement wanted it to be them because then they could go on their merry way and not investigate further.

Their car was parked in a parking lot, in a strip mall, near the border. They went through video and the morons saw a family of 4 and said it must be them. It was not them. The family said they didn't think it was them, the video was horrible to say the least. Most of the family said that Summer would NEVER go to Mexico. Law enforcement wanted it to be them because then they could go on their merry way and not investigate further.

Gotcha. Thank you! I had wondered if the murderer staged an elaborate fake border crossing video. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Gotcha. Thank you! I had wondered if the murderer staged an elaborate fake border crossing video. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I think he hoped that parking the car there would throw investigators off. But for them to see some random family crossing the border and deciding it was the McStay's was an epic fail and delayed justice for this family.

Maybe he is going to give a full confession in exchange for LWOP and a better choice of prison? He had a long week to think about things.

LWOP and general population would be a faster death sentence than getting the DP (which the state will never carry out before he dies of other causes). The inmates will dole it out in quick time though, or at least give it their best try.

ETA to add: Mooooo

Last edited:

It was blurry video—the back view of two adults and two children. Considering that about 25,000 pedestrians per day cross the border at San Ysidro, it wasn’t too surprising to find that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd