Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
court is starting around now if my clock searchings are accurate.
Will probably be at least an hour before we hear anything!
I'm re-reading https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 36A.pdf
wondering whether he took his defense from it, defense from a crime pre YY?
That facebook transcript from yesterday was very telling.
Went back to 2016. An attractive girl, also with long black hair.
It was she who he messaged on the morning of his arrest. She just texted to wish him happy birthday
Here's the link again in case anyone is interested in reading it.
https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 62.pdf
It reads like a narcissist, boasting about his great body, domineering nature-all man flavour, his somewhat boring sex life with Michelle. His lack of jealousy and his many sexual conquests since Michelle 'opened' their marriage in 2016.
So much sex, so many conquests , so busy (insert word of choice), that he hadn't much time for anything else..
So much sex,in fact that it had become boring....
(Now, this is kitty the hare's synopsis which lacks many facts and all compassion )

Last edited:
Exhibit 25 and 25 TR are missing from exhibitions list, which is leaving a big gaping hole.
25 is cd of his 'confession' to TB
25Tr is the transcript of what he said he did at various locations in his apartment.
I'm hoping it's not being withheld due to it's graphic nature?
Isn't she scheduled to testify this afternoon... maybe that's when those exhibits will be officially entered???

Isn't she scheduled to testify this afternoon... maybe that's when those exhibits will be officially entered???
She is due today, may or may not happen... there is some doubt, not sure why.
They were presented 2 days ago and should have been among yesterday's exhibits.
I think all she can say is to confirm she was wired with her consent.
Defense will say she was 'leading'. Prosecution have already agreed she was because that is what they , rightly, asked her to do.
Then there's her entire mental health file and her texts to him- that is among Court Listener documents, meant to pull it up for trial today, didn't get time to search

ikr - During the CA trial when a lady in the audience had an uncontrollable outburst, the judge held her in contempt of court and gave her an overnight stay in the county jail.

At the time I felt bad for her and thought to myself how I would never do such a thing except for the "uncontrollable" part. The more I thought about it the more I think it is best I never go to an emotional trial. I would not want to gamble on what may or may not happen with me in the audience. :)

Woman Jailed After Disrupting Casey Anthony Trial
If, for example 3 Europeans travelled with several of our US friends for the penalty phase and all screamed together be inconvenient for them to lock us all up?
Naw- probably would get ICE'd... just a thought..

If, for example 3 Europeans travelled with several of our US friends for the penalty phase and all screamed together be inconvenient for them to lock us all up?

Thats a good plan. After our outbursts we can all run in different directions and the Bailiff will only be able to catch one of us. :)

Thats a good plan. After our outbursts we can all run in different directions and the Bailiff will only be able to catch one of us. :)

animated-smileys-laughing-010.gif
I'm assuming I'm one of "your 3 Europeans" !! ICE'd - LOL!

It's good to have a laugh to relieve the tension and sadness of this trial. Thanks I needed that laugh!

Isn't it like 3pm already in Illinois? Eastern time, right?

Shouldn't the trial have started at 1:30pm? TIA!
should have but they haven't burst into tweets yet.. so must still be inside cos they only tweet during breaks, court time is spent taking copious notes because no electronic equipment is allowed in court.

(Jackie says in a whisper) kitty, what is ICE'd please?

Gawd I hope I'm not going to be red faced again today

It's not the messiness that bothers me.
It's the lack of soul.. the place seemes to be themed like a goth joint without goths... They took that lease out in January '13... a lotta time, no love at all.
Almost deliberately dank, as if that's the way they like it...

The apartment is like their marriage-- a shell. Very little care going into it. Not a place that says welcome to our home/life. They were seeking intimacy and connection outside of their homelife so it makes sense to me.

His persona is cold and utilitarian so nothing surprises me.

should have but they haven't burst into tweets yet.. so must still be inside cos they only tweet during breaks, court time is spent taking copious notes because no electronic equipment is allowed in court.

Oh - okay - didn't know they couldn't have their phones in there. Thanks!
Well - I'm going to bed - so will catch up in the morning! :)

Forensic Examiner Amanda Bakker testifies. She's based out of the FBI's Quantico HQ. Explains how DNA testing works (AA)

wowee!
The odds that DNA found in blood recovered from under carpet in Brendt Christensen's apartment came from anyone other than Yingying Zhang is 1 in 97 octillion, according to an FBI forensic examine
Matt Masterson

YES!!!

Bakker (with two K's not one) said the likelihood DNA found on a baseball bat in Christensen's home coming from anyone other than Yingying Zhang was 1 in 33 octillion (that's 33 followed by 27 zeroes)
Matt Masterson
Already-
Bakker says the bat also tested positive fot YZ's DNA. Asst. Fed. Defender Pollock points out Bakker couldn't tell that the DNA came from blood, or skin, or nails, or something else. Agrees YZ's DNA was in BC's bedroom, but suggests it could have been from something else @WCIA3
Bakker says the underside of the piece of carpet cut from beneath BC's bed tested positive for both blood, and #YingyingZhang 's DNA, by a likelihood ratio of 97 octillion that it was hers, than not. That's 97,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 @WCIA3

Forensic Examiner Amanda Bakker testifies. She's based out of the FBI's Quantico HQ. Explains how DNA testing works (AA)

wowee!
The odds that DNA found in blood recovered from under carpet in Brendt Christensen's apartment came from anyone other than Yingying Zhang is 1 in 97 octillion, according to an FBI forensic examine
Matt Masterson

YES!!!

Bakker (with two K's not one) said the likelihood DNA found on a baseball bat in Christensen's home coming from anyone other than Yingying Zhang was 1 in 33 octillion (that's 33 followed by 27 zeroes)
Matt Masterson
Already-
Bakker says the bat also tested positive fot YZ's DNA. Asst. Fed. Defender Pollock points out Bakker couldn't tell that the DNA came from blood, or skin, or nails, or something else. Agrees YZ's DNA was in BC's bedroom, but suggests it could have been from something else @WCIA3
Bakker says the underside of the piece of carpet cut from beneath BC's bed tested positive for both blood, and #YingyingZhang 's DNA, by a likelihood ratio of 97 octillion that it was hers, than not. That's 97,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 @WCIA3
Yeah, he’s screwed.

1. Defense attorneys noted that Zhang's blood and DNA were not found on a variety of potential weapons in the home (knives, hammers, etc.) nor was it found in the bathroom sink

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 5m5 minutes ago
    Similarly, DNA recovered from drywall samples in Christensen's home was 33 octillion times more likely to have come from Zhang than from anyone else, according to Bakker

1. In cross examination, Elisabeth Pollock noted that only 1/3 of the items sent to the lab were tested, including clothing and towels that came back with no blood on them (14/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 3m3 minutes ago
    Carpet in living room - no blood (13/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 3m3 minutes ago
    Bathroom - no blood - presumptive positive for blood in bathroom sink trap, but not confirmed - DNA found, but not Ms. Zhang's (12/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong