GUILTY TX - Josue Flores, 11, stabbed to death, Houston, 17 May 2016 *re-arrest*

Sorry... who is grace jones? His actual mother?
I thought he meant the supermodel/actress Grace Jones. Other than that, I have no idea. o_O Grace Jones - Wikipedia
That was strange. o_O I have a feeling he is going to try an insanity defense of some sort. I hope he's found competent to stand trial. Josue's family have waited long enough for Justice. MOO.
That is the first thing I thought too. He wants everyone to think he's crazy! MOO

Grrrr! In this video you can see his face as he says it and then gives a little grin. Monster! :mad:

Deysy Rios on Twitter (VIDEO)
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
So presented in court Andre Jackson accused of the death of Josué Flores' court André Jackson was in court today
10:22 AM - 19 Jun 2019

Andre Jackson, man accused of killing Josue Flores, has court date reset
[...]

Jackson, 30, didn’t appear before a judge, but his attorney, Jerome Godinich, requested his court date be reset.

[...]

This article has a good photo gallery. I just noticed in the photo below that AJ is wearing a purple wristband. Does that have any particular significance? AdSeg? Medical? Just curious.

Man charged in death of Josue Flores makes courthouse appearance
1024x1024.jpg

Grrrr! In this video you can see his face as he says it and then gives a little grin. Monster! :mad:

Deysy Rios on Twitter (VIDEO)
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
So presented in court Andre Jackson accused of the death of Josué Flores' court André Jackson was in court today
10:22 AM - 19 Jun 2019

Andre Jackson, man accused of killing Josue Flores, has court date reset
[...]

Jackson, 30, didn’t appear before a judge, but his attorney, Jerome Godinich, requested his court date be reset.

[...]

In that clip we can also see the tip of the camera/microphone he looked right into when he said it. It was a Fox News camera. Before seeing that, I thought he was calling himself Fox. :oops: Still very unsettling the way he said it and that little smile he gave while he said it. And I'm not sure what he means... I wonder if he could have said "I'm Grace Jones ON Fox" instead of the word son? Was he possibly mocking a reporter? Is there a reporter named Grace Jones on a local Fox News station? :confused:

In that clip we can also see the tip of the camera/microphone he looked right into when he said it. It was a Fox News camera. Before seeing that, I thought he was calling himself Fox. :oops: Still very unsettling the way he said it and that little smile he gave while he said it. And I'm not sure what he means... I wonder if he could have said "I'm Grace Jones ON Fox" instead of the word son? Was he possibly mocking a reporter? Is there a reporter named Grace Jones on a local Fox News station? :confused:
Ahhhhh, yep. I watched it again and I see what you mean. I think he's saying to the Fox cameraman/reporter that he's Grace Jones' son, not that his name is Fox. Still weird unless his mom's name is Grace Jones! MOO

This article has a good photo gallery. I just noticed in the photo below that AJ is wearing a purple wristband. Does that have any particular significance? AdSeg? Medical? Just curious.

Man charged in death of Josue Flores makes courthouse appearance
1024x1024.jpg

According to this article on mental illness and the Houston Jail, the purple bracelet means he is in a Mental Health Unit.

Quote about another inmate from the article:

"Like all the inmates, he wears baggy orange clothes, but a purple hospital wristband signifies that he’s in the Mental Health Unit."

https://www.texasobserver.org/want-treatment-mental-illness-go-to-jail/

:mad:

According to this article on mental illness and the Houston Jail, the purple bracelet means he is in a Mental Health Unit.

Quote about another inmate from the article:

"Like all the inmates, he wears baggy orange clothes, but a purple hospital wristband signifies that he’s in the Mental Health Unit."

https://www.texasobserver.org/want-treatment-mental-illness-go-to-jail/

:mad:
Oh boy, here we go...:mad: :rolleyes:

I wonder if that has anything to do with why his court appearance this morning was rescheduled? MOO

Oh boy, here we go...:mad: :rolleyes:

I wonder if that has anything to do with why his court appearance this morning was rescheduled? MOO

Ugh. Good possible thought, Pommy. The judge said he didn't want his court room becoming a circus. Imagine the words of an insane man (or someone trying to act crazy for a defense) when he replies to the judge's basic questions such as if he understood his charges, etc. It could have become a circus. :rolleyes:

My first time hearing about this and cases like these make feel so vulnerable as a mother. Poor Josue, he didn't deserve this but I hope this trial brings justice and closure. This has always been one of my biggest nightmares! Our school districts don't allow buses if you live within 2 miles (which we do). I know not every parent can drive their kids to and from school so I think bus transportation needs to be a higher priority for school age children. Even if your neighborhoods are safe and off main roads, it's still a risk. But then again, people hit kids getting off buses more than kids are hurt walking so I don't know the right answer. Prayers for this family and Justice for Josue

Quite honestly, an adult male running around stabbing an innocent child.. definitely a load of mental health issues. This wasn’t a calculated, planned “disappearance” of a spouse, but an impulsive violent attack of a stranger triggered by nothing sane.
I don’t care if he stays in a mental ward, as long as he’s put somewhere with locks and supervision forever..
That’s just my opinion.

Ugh. Good possible thought, Pommy. The judge said he didn't want his court room becoming a circus. Imagine the words of an insane man (or someone trying to act crazy for a defense) when he replies to the judge's basic questions such as if he understood his charges, etc. It could have become a circus. :rolleyes:
I see an order on the Harris County District Court site issued today for a mental health/intelligence assessment but I think that would have been ordered regardless.

06/19/2019 ORDER GRANT MENTAL-INTEL ASSESS
Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

Next court date hasn't been posted yet but they are showing his bond amount as $500,000.

Indictment and State's Motion for High Bond:

Attachments

• Indictment.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
  • States Motion for High Bond.pdf
    108 KB · Views: 1
image-2019-06-19T135839.870-e9b1.jpg

A suspected child killer shouted ‘I’m Grace Jones’ son’ during his first appearance in court. Andre Jackson appeared to falsely claim he was closely-related to the Jamaican supermodel, singer and actress during a court hearing over the stabbing of 11 year-old Josue Flores. Jackson did not offer any further explanation about why he’d made the comment about Jones during Wednesday’s hearing in Houston, Texas. He is accused of the May 2016 murder of Josue, who was stabbed to death while walking home from school. Eyewitnesses who saw the murder say Josue screamed ‘Don’t kill me please!’ as he was fatally slashed.

Read more: 'Child killer claims he is son of supermodel Grace Jones' in court outburst | Metro News

HOUSTON – Andre Jackson, the man accused of killing 11-year-old Josue Flores, was seen in a Harris County courthouse Wednesday morning, one day after his arrest.

Jackson, 30, didn’t appear before a judge, but his court-appointed attorney, Jerome Godinich, requested his court date be reset.

Jackson walked out of the courthouse in an orange jumpsuit surrounded by police officers. As he passed a group of cameramen, he said, “I’m Grace Jones’ son, Fox.”

'I'm Grace Jones' son' | Andre Jackson comments walking through courthouse

Grace White on Twitter
UPDATE: Mental health assessment ordered for Andre Jackson, the man charged with the murder of 11-year-old Josue Flores. #KHOU11 #HTownRush
D9c7eTRXoAI9I8b.jpg

3:45 PM - 19 Jun 2019

Adam Bennett on Twitter
“Hopefully the Flores family can soon find closure.” – City Council members react to this week’s arrest in the Josue Flores murder case. More of their thoughts, plus the next steps in the legal process on @khou at 5p. Background info: http://bit.ly/2L1mOOZ #HTownRush #khou11
D9dHzgxX4AAn5zs.jpg

4:38 PM - 19 Jun 2019

Last edited:
JUN 19, 2019
'Hopefully the Flores family can soon find closure' | Houston City Council, mayor react to arrest in Josue Flores murder
Houston’s mayor and several Houston city council members praised Houston Police Department homicide investigators and the Harris County District Attorney's Office for their work that led to an arrest in the Josue Flores murder case.

On Wednesday, during the weekly City Council meeting, several city leaders expressed hope Flores' family will get justice.

[...]

Council Member Karla Cisneros represents District H, which includes the Near Northside neighborhood where Flores lived and was killed.

“It really brings both a hope for justice and truly a renewed and profound grief for his loss,” said Council Member Karla Cisneros. “Everyone was so happy to hear the news, but at the same time, they’re all mourning again.”

Council Member Michael Kubosh, who represents At-Large Position 3, believes Jackson’s arrest will ease the Near Northside community’s stress.

[...]

As of Wednesday afternoon, records showed Jackson being held in the Harris County Jail on a $500,000 bond. Court paperwork shows he’s also been ordered to undergo a mental health assessment.

Quite honestly, an adult male running around stabbing an innocent child.. definitely a load of mental health issues. This wasn’t a calculated, planned “disappearance” of a spouse, but an impulsive violent attack of a stranger triggered by nothing sane.
I don’t care if he stays in a mental ward, as long as he’s put somewhere with locks and supervision forever..
That’s just my opinion.
I'm also curious of any observation of Andres while he was previously held in jail for more than a year before charges dropped.

I agree that non-disordered adult men do not randomly attack 11 year old school boys walking home from school in broad daylight.

Did he receive a medical discharge from service?

MOO

I'm also curious of any observation of Andres while he was previously held in jail for more than a year before charges dropped.

I agree that non-disordered adult men do not randomly attack 11 year old school boys walking home from school in broad daylight.

Did he receive a medical discharge from service?

MOO
I don't know the answer to your question, but this article has some good information about his military service and post-discharge circumstances.

Suspect in boy's slaying breaks down in sobs at stabbing details

JUN 19, 2019
DNA technology upgrades credited for linking Josue Flores murder suspect
[...]

Stout said DNA technology changes constantly.

[...]

At the moment, the most used method across the country is called Short Tandem Repeats DNA testing.

STR testing counts the number of times a certain sequences occurs in DNA.

In Jackson’s case, the long-time suspect in Flores’ murder, was let go in 2017 after DNA results came back inconclusive.

When Houston Police found out new technology was available in a Florida lab, they sent out the evidence to get tested again.

They say the results linked Jackson to the crime.

[...]

He said it’s not uncommon for evidence to be outsourced.

“Simply because one lab has a technology than another doesn’t necessarily mean that lab that doesn’t is doing something wrong," Stout said. "It’s just the choice of where they’re spending scarce resources that they have at the time."

He said funding has always been an issue so labs have to decide to spend their money on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back