Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death Row in Ca will mean MUCH more restrictive access CM will have in prison. No job, in his cell 24 hours a day, except for a couple hours a week for visit/Dr Call etc.
Not according to an article I read about Scott Peterson. It was actually that article that kind of made me change my mind and be ok with LWOP. I also want whatever will be the most restrictive and miserable but I'm not convinced it will be death row. I'll try to find the article if you want.

Not according to an article I read about Scott Peterson. It was actually that article that kind of made me change my mind and be ok with LWOP. I also want whatever will be the most restrictive and miserable but I'm not convinced it will be death row. I'll try to find the article if you want.

LWOP will mean CM has a chance to be housed with other inmates, including PC/Special Needs. If so, he won't last long, IMO.

This was from 2015. If true, obviously the CDC has changed their guidelines. I haven't been in touch since 2010, when I retired from LE. I TRULY am surprised he is able to walk around other inmates w/o being scared for his life. He is ALSO a baby killer.
I tried to find a more current article but the ones I found spoke about him giving sexual favors to Big Bubba and they didn't seem very legit.

I'm going with which sentencing option fits the crimes CM has been convicted of, and hands down, IMO, no other punishment fits other than death.

That's what he deserves, and that's what I hope he gets.

Even if given a lesser sentence of LWOP the CA taxpayer's still must pay for the first automatic appeal which also occurs in all LWOP sentences.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
Since the first day of passing out flyers with Joey's Mom, Susan Blake. I have followed this crime.
Now that we know who murdered in cold blood this entire family.
I really want the rest of Chase Merritt's life to be hellacious.
Yes. I really do.
I want the rest of his life to be an ongoing nightmare.
This One man has devastated so many people, for what? Money.
It's not mentioned much here, but the likelihood that he raped Summer in addition to bashing in her little boy's heads has me over the top.
Absolutely monstrous.
I personally feel nothing but scathing anger at this murderer.
I really do hope that justice is going to put him in a nightmare.
For the rest of his miserable life.
Done.

Thank YOU for at least trying to locate the MS Family. I also remember hearing about their disappearance on the local news in 2010, when I was living about 20 minutes from their home. The news ran with the Mexico thing and I believe most of California bought that hook-line-and sinker. Until that dirt-biker found them in Victorville. In which, we all wouldn't be here today wanting justice for them. I hope, in some small way, the remaining MS Family can find some type of closure. They are in my thoughts and prayer.

I doubt that Daugherty will bring in Merritt's past criminal history because Imes already went over the jury instruction factor involving previous felony convictions and told the jury they don't have to consider that or that it's not a factor.

I doubt that Daugherty will bring in Merritt's past criminal history because Imes already went over the jury instruction factor involving previous felony convictions and told the jury they don't have to consider that or that it's not a factor.

I missed that part, bummer.

My little boy was a year old when I first heard about this case in the UK. I’d just got back to work after maternity leave and was surfing the net (to help ease myself back into work gently ;0) when I first got hooked on this case.

My boy is now 10 so he grew up before we saw justice, finally though it came. Gianni would have been 14 now and Chubba 13. The sort of age when you’re living your best life. My son will always remind me of the phases/experiences they should have gone through but missed out on.

Really praying the jury does the right thing for everyone who supports this poor family who had their lives cut short by this monster.

JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay: Judge gave an FYI prior to jury that he needs to leave at 3:30 pm for an appt. He said Daugherty plans on about 1/2 hr of closing argument. McGee stated that Maline would like to start fresh tomorrow with his closing.
He retires after this case, right? Because I really think he should never rule over a case again.

Bolded and snipped by me. I did not know this. Damn, life is not fair.

True, and the CA taxpayers already get hit with paying so much taxes for sooooo much that it's mind blowing to me.

I don't know how everyone holds up under the heavy tax burden you all are expected to carry.

No wonder many are leaving by the thousands going to Texas or Florida. Etc.

Imo

Last edited:
It really shouldn't be necessary. I mean he killed the kids. Do we really need to know that he was a 2 bit criminal before he did that? If anything lesser crimes would work in his defense, IMO.

True, and the CA taxpayers already get hit with paying do much taxes for so much that its mind blowing to me.

I don't know how everyone holds up under the heavy tax burden you all are expected to carry.

No wonder many are leaving going to Texas or Florida. Etc.

Imo
Do you know if he'll get the same defense team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288