MO - Louis Gumpenerger, 33, disabled, murdered, OFallon, Aug 2016 *Guilty* and the murder of Betsy Faria

Pam Hupp returns to court in preparation for her trial

http://fox2now.com/2018/01/26/pam-hupp-returns-to-court-in-preparation-for-her-trial/

Friday was a status hearing in which the Judge said everyone is on track for a September 11 start of the trial. He expects it to last three weeks, including Saturdays. He set two other hearings that will take place before trial – one at the end of next month and the other in May.

The parties also discussed possible arguments that will come up, including jury selection which will happen across the state in Clay County. Those jurors will be brought to St Charles County for the trial.

Pam Hupp won't answer questions about the 2011 murder of a friend
Pam Hupp, facing a murder charge and the death penalty in a related 2016 fatal shooting here, has refused to answer questions about a 2011 murder in Lincoln County.

Through lawyers, she successfully blocked a Jan. 18 deposition from jail, and refused to answer a series of 92 written, multi-part questions, according to court filings.

Lawyers for Russell Faria, who was convicted of the murder of his wife Elizabeth “Betsy” Faria before being acquitted in a 2015 retrial, are now seeking a judge’s order that would force some response from Hupp that could aid Faria’s lawsuit against those who helped put him behind bars.

Judge denies motion to remove death penalty for Pam Hupp
A judge denied the motion to remove the death penalty for Hupp.

“This is a woman who went all over St. Charles (county) looking for someone she could set-up to make a fake 911 call so that she could execute the person while they were on the phone,” said St. Charles County prosecutor Phil Groenweghe in court Friday.

Pamela Hupp murder trial postponed
Court records indicate that the trial for Pamela Hupp, initially scheduled for September 11th, has been canceled. The judge has also ruled that additional evidence related to another murder case may be brought forward, for now.

Court records show that the state objected to delaying the trial but the judge granted the defense team’s request for a continuance. A new hearing in the matter has been set for August 20th.

Judge postpones Pam Hupp murder trial until June 2019

Circuit Judge Jon Cunningham said in June that he would postpone the trial, then set for Sept. 11, but had not yet set a date. His order says he picked June 2019 after consulting with attorneys on both sides and Clay County officials, where jurors will be picked before the trial resumes in St. Charles County.

Cunningham’s move follows concern by Hupp’s attorneys about their ability to be ready for the trial, given the amount of evidence and the related history of the case.

At a pre-trial hearing set for Tuesday, prosecutors will argue that they need permission to tell the jury background on the 2011 Betsy Faria murder case, and how they believe it's related to the 2016 murder of Lewis Gumpenberger. The prosecutor doesn't want to try Hupp for Faria's killing, but mention it as a building block to the argument of why he thinks Hupp killed Gumpenberger.

Pam Hupp Wants Faria Evidence Kept Out of Her Upcoming Trial

SEP 12, 2019
Dateline’s Keith Morrison Is Hosting a True-Crime Podcast
[...]

Another woman told police that days before Gumpenberger was killed, she was approached by someone matching Hupp’s description who claimed to be a Dateline producer and offered her $1,000 to record a scripted sound bite about 9-1-1 calls. Because the person wouldn’t show credentials, she refused.

“From the beginning, it appears that this woman has been plotting and planning and blaming everyone else for the crimes that she has committed,” Morrison said. “It’s a pattern and we keep seeing that pattern, even now that we’re talking to new witnesses who have known her over the years and discovered the deceptions and frauds that she employed. But the spine of the story is, Who killed Betsy Faria? And I think we know the answer.”

[...]

The Thing About Pam, which is produced in partnership with Neon Hum Media, will include new interviews and conversations from interrogation videos that have not been featured on Dateline, but no interview with Hupp herself. “She has never been available to us but, boy oh boy, would I love to,” Morrison said. “I would love nothing more than to sit down with the lovely Pam and ask her a question or two.”

[...]

I don't know why this article suddenly appeared Oct. 4, 2019:

Convicted murderer, 60, is now suspected of stabbing her cancer-stricken best friend to death | Daily Mail Online

"... Pam Hupp, 60, is being investigated other unsolved murder of Betsy Faria, her best friend....

...To have as much transparency as possible, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office posted online about 1,200 pages of Major Case reports and files from the original Faria investigation.

Prosecutor Michael Wood said: 'The Lincoln County Prosecuting Attorney's Office is dedicated to providing the Faria family and this community with an honest and unbiased investigation into the murder of Elizabeth 'Betsy' Faria. ..."...."

Convicted murderer, 60, is now suspected of stabbing her cancer-stricken best friend to death | Daily Mail Online

"... Pam Hupp, 60, is being investigated other unsolved murder of Betsy Faria, her best friend....

...To have as much transparency as possible, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office posted online about 1,200 pages of Major Case reports and files from the original Faria investigation.

Prosecutor Michael Wood said: 'The Lincoln County Prosecuting Attorney's Office is dedicated to providing the Faria family and this community with an honest and unbiased investigation into the murder of Elizabeth 'Betsy' Faria. ..."...."
I was surprised too since it’s not really new. However, Dateline just had an episode last week and the podcast, so maybe because of renewed interest in the case?

I just listened to the podcast earlier today. Dateline always does such an excellent job reporting!

She's now being investigated in the death of her mother and her best friend. I hope they take a good look at any unsolved murders in the place or places she's lived throughout her life.

I think it might have something to do with the podcast from Dateline, and that she impersonated a Dateline producer in the course of one of her murders! ICBI!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back