UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to digest all of this!!! Will reply asap! Good work
Alistair Cooper (one of Arrested men) was named as the man in the Mid length Tan Jacket ("A sandy coloured Mac")
Him again!!! Take a look at the cctv!!! He is mentioned a lot..in other places..he is identified as a name that wears that jacket...or maybe someone wore the jacket to look like him!!!!!

Last edited:
Added to above comments:

What I also find quite strange is that Jen who was last to receive a text was not the one to raise alarm? Suzy was. As the girls were prolific texters I am sure that Jen should also be puzzled that she was not receiving texts since the one on 18th.
No, i really thought it was another girl who sent last text not Jen, I'm sure..I've seen a quote somewhere.

Last edited:
Their names were:
Peter Ruane, 55.
Shane Ruane (Brother) 52.
David Robinson, 52.
Alistair Cooper, 59.
Peter Ruane is still in a relationship (was at the time of Claudia's disappearance) with Claudia's friend Jen. The last person to receive a text that talked about how she had: "12 straight early shifts in a row and no life" Or did the perpetrator send the text to give an excuse for future lack of contact. I will write more on Peter Ruane and Jen and his builders/ car depot that backs onto the River Derwent.....
All her close friends....but Jen has publicly denied they have any involvement on the Claudia Missing website...and no CPS

Is Alaistair Cooper Suzy Cooper's brother? I dont think Jen or Suzy would be involved...they are so passionate and visible in the media. Surely to god not.

Added to above comments:

What I also find quite strange is that Jen who was last to receive a text was not the one to raise alarm? Suzy was. As the girls were prolific texters I am sure that Jen should also be puzzled that she was not receiving texts since the one on 18th.
Even if Jen was last to text/get reply she wasn't due to meet Claudia...Suzy was..and Claudia didn't show. Jen prob. Just thought Claudia busy working x I'm struggling to think that Jen would be involved...other friends of Claudia declined to speak to media, Jen didn't. If she was involved surely that would have been an easier option! ... however maybe her 'boyfriend' was concerned Claudia would say something about something Jen DID NOT NEED TO KNOW .. this is all IMO or others' opinion. I can't get my head round J being involved sorry.

A
Even if Jen was last to text/get reply she wasn't due to meet Claudia...Suzy was..and Claudia didn't show. Jen prob. Just thought Claudia busy working x I'm struggling to think that Jen would be involved...other friends of Claudia declined to speak to media, Jen didn't. If she was involved surely that would have been an easier option! ... however maybe her 'boyfriend' was concerned Claudia would say something about something Jen DID NOT NEED TO KNOW .. this is all IMO or others' opinion. I can't get my head round J being involved sorry.
Also ... do we not need to be mindful of naming people we suspect? I'm very wary of legal sleuths.... All my comments are IMO not based on any evidence, just discussion x

I have been studying this case for a week now and read the book gone. I have also looked at most of the press articles, evidence quoted on Reditt and other social media sites. I have made many notes and produced a timeline.
I can concur that not only the media but the police have not updated information. (The dark stranger checking out the rear of property is a classic example) He died shortly later and was the landlord checking out some of his properties and was interviewed but ruled out). Her house and the insistence that she went to work that morning because they found dishes in the sink, the toothbrush and the made bed?? They don't necessarily point to her going to work. What we know is that she did stay ut all night on the evening of 17th, morning of 18th as she told a work colleague ("I was out until 5am today with my new boyfriend") Unfortunately he revealed this over a year after she went missing. Claudia would have been tired on the evening of the 18th if she had been out all night the night before and possibly came home as we know she did to get some peace. If she was planning another overnighter on 18th then she would have taken her toothbrush but didn't. The rucksack that was never recovered but spotted and reported by someone in a grassy area on Claudias normal route to work could have been a "Planted" Red Herring?

If we look at some of those arrested in more detail. A very interesting point to make is that one of those arrested owns their own building company and a car service depot in Malton. 24 minutes by car. (Did he service her car?) He is and has been prior to Claudia's disappearance, in a relationship with a good friend of Claudia's-Jen. The lady who was last to receive a text at 20.23 hours from Claudia. The text from Claudia spoke about her next 12 shifts being early ones and so she would have "no life" for some time. Was this text from Claudia or the perpetrator who was trying to give himself time and throwing Jen off the scent if she didn't hear from Claudia for a while? Was the perpetrator Jens partner? If you look at Google Maps, you can go back in time and look at images. I went back to March 2009 and his business was interestingly on an industrial estate and next to his unit a new unit was being built and at Foundation stages?? Today another industrial unit is fully visible as completed. Additional, his unit backs onto the River Derwent and many fields-Have they been searched? His brother was also arrested as one of the 4. The route from his business to her house would have taken him in the direction as seen on the CCTV of the car seen braking.

The White Astra van outside the chip shop-In the Google image from March 2009. A very similar vehicle can be seen in the courtyard of the business owned by said person.
Have details of the make and model of CL car ever been released, could they have been seen in the same Google image of 2009 in the same yard as the White Astra van?
The route from CL house to Malton is via the A64 and within range is a national park area and within the radius of the Cellular network as mentioned.
Here we have 3 people who could be protecting one another. The business owner, his brother and of course Jen. That is before we consider the other 2 people who were arrested and released (David Robinson and Alistair Cooper) A triangle. A best friend of Claudia, partner of one of arrested and his brother?
All of this of course may be detail that the police have but cannot release for judicial reasons. However, perhaps we should be asking the questions:

Has a search been conducted in Malton at and around this unit? Has the River Derwent behind this unit been searched and has the route from Heworth to Malton via A64 and country areas been explored?

I will post more as I research more and anyone who can add to my findings / observations, please do so.
Oh Lord!!! Many many interesting points ie police communication/lack of updates/case sensitivity??? ... ie 4 arrested on MURDER charges not PERVERTING JUSTICE charges???! ..... now I was previously barking up a different tree (divorce finance retribution aimed at Claudia possibly).. .as i felt NYP clutching at straws with the 4, but to arrest on MURDER seems heavy handed...it's this wall of silence that gets me!! ... is it from her friends? Or from the associated men who refuse to admit they knew her?

Last edited:
There was a car business behind the Nag's Head, near to the back alley behind CL's house. It is visible on google maps.
Back alley.....no cctv....access route for abduction? Deffo.. no cctv at nags head car park. Put in car. Whisked away?

Back alley.....no cctv....access route for abduction? Deffo.. no cctv at nags head car park. Put in car. Whisked away?
Also in the Nags Head car park there is what appears to be a garage stuck in the far left corner. Also as someone else mentioned there is a car repair yard beyond the car park that can only be accessed through the Nags car park. Do we know who was repairing her car?

Oh Lord!!! Many many interesting points ie police communication/lack of updates/case sensitivity??? ... ie 4 arrested on MURDER charges not PERVERTING JUSTICE charges???! ..... now I was previously barking up a different tree (divorce finance retribution aimed at Claudia possibly).. .as i felt NYP clutching at straws with the 4, but to arrest on MURDER seems heavy handed...it's this wall of silence that gets me!! ... is it from her friends? Or from the associated men who refuse to admit they knew her?
I have also noticed something else and have checked back to images as far as 2008 on Google. It was reported that Claudia went to post a letter on the last afternoon she was sighted and that she went to the post office which is a six minute walk from home and at 73 East Parade, in the book it mentions that she didn't need a stamp and didn't go for anything else. Yet there is a closer post box which is likely to be 2 minutes away, around the corner on Heworth green just passed the roundabout. If she didn't need anything else and already had a stamp, why did she go to the one further away???

Is Alaistair Cooper Suzy Cooper's brother? I dont think Jen or Suzy would be involved...they are so passionate and visible in the media. Surely to god not.
I don't for one moment think they are. But as arrests were made of and they were related in some way to two of the arrests is the culprit trying to defend / protect them?

I have located the exact area that the car was sighted on her route as depicted in this image.
(it is near to 204 Melrosegate / junction of Harington Avenue) Firstly it was coming FROM the direction of the University and so would have seen her face on if she was walking to work.

The area then had a post office a Pizza and Bengali take away a convenience store and a flower shop. There were two phone boxes, now one and a post box.

Interestingly and further to my comments re the posting of her letter the afternoon before.

This is my question:

Did she know that she wouldn't be walking to work the next morning?

I ask this as she came home on the afternoon of 18th and went to post a letter, she didn't need a stamp we were told (Book).
If she was going to walk to work the next day then she could have posted the letter en-route at this post box?

Given that she had been up all night the previous evening of 17th. (out until 5am) then she may well have wanted to have a rest not post a letter after already walking most of the way home?

Did she have a lift planned for that morning (Wouldn't be passing the post box) and was the Silver car just a genuine lift-giver?
The same car that was seen earlier braking outside her house. Did the lift giver not get an answer at her door, drove along the UNI route to work to see if they had missed her and getting almost to the UNI, turned back to look again for her.

One other thing, If someone was stalking / chasing claudia. Have the police examined that phone box or attempted calls from the phone box on that morning (Melrosegate / Harington Avenue) ??

Additionaly from the You Tube Video of the Crimewatch construction-The sighting of what is believed to be CL on morning of 19th at 5:35 am was directly outside of the gates of Melrosegate sub station, During the day the gates are usually open but in the evening locked. may have just been artistic licence but in the Video that purports to be 5:35 am the gates are open.Do we know if any of associates worked at Sub Station or for Siemens who were the company responsible for its upkeep?

Having read all of the press articles I really believe that the following needs to happen:

Police should issue a new timeline with the already investigated and misleading red herrings removed. E.G.
Dark figure at side and back of her house who was just a landlord checking his properties
Any other aforementioned points that they now know are not relevant.

They should also contact the media to also remove old releases and let them run with a new and up to date one.

If they have interviewed witnesses and as we are told some are staying quiet. They should at least share some of their concerns without naming suspects. That we we may all be able to help further.

Last edited:
Update-It appears that the comments in the book about her returning home then going back out my be incorrect.
I have just seen Video footage released by police that shows her on the way home and posting the letter at the post box I discuss in my post (Melrosegate / Harington Avenue). It just goes to show that some of the media reports are not correct.

This also applies to my earlier post about the distance from postboxes.

There was also mention of her getting a lift some of the way home but at this point in the above video she was not far from home

I need to digest all of this!!! Will reply asap! Good work

Him again!!! Take a look at the cctv!!! He is mentioned a lot..in other places..he is identified as a name that wears that jacket...or maybe someone wore the jacket to look like him!!!!!
The man in the sandy Mac. He was reported as calling on her as seen by a passing motorist at 2:30 pm. He phoned someone before calling on her, she came to the door also on the phone and appeared to be surprised to see him. She looked up and down the street before letting him in. The passing motorist cannot be sure which day of the week this was but she mentioned being held up in traffic and saw the whole interaction. I would have thought that it would have been reasonably simple for the Police to have identified which day of the week this was. As the time was 2:30pm, she would not have been on an early shift on that day or could have been on a day off. Checking of her rota at work would have established the day this occurred????
The book mentions a man in a Mac calling with an Asian gentleman but the police report mentions only one person?

@MajorLang The silver car was seen at Melrosegate on the 18/19 and 25th of March. It is not the same car as the light coloured Ford seen braking near her house

Last edited:
@MajorLang The silver car was seen at Melrosegate on the 18/19 and 25th of March at around 5.40am. Its not the same car as the light coloured Ford seen braking near her house
Thanks for putting me right here-I saw that it was also spotted after she went missing on 25th. As it was seen after CL went missing then it suggests they were a regular on way to or from work at that time of day. More likely on way to work as cant be certain but many shifts start at 6:00 (18th and 25th both being Wednesdays) someone who couldn't believe CL had gone missing and was continually looking for her or someone who was working a specific day / shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆