Found Safe WI - Jill, 55, & Jordan Rousseau, 21, mother & daughter, Dale, Outagamie Co., 16 Jun 2019

I thought they were on the video Sunday?????????? I'm sure the police have that tape now.
Well, the husband said that, correct? Or did LE make that statement in an article? I forget now. So much information that was changed from article to the press conference, such as he went to a wedding but no, it was actually a funeral.

I thought they were on the video Sunday?????????? I'm sure the police have that tape now.

I don't think they were actually seen. The vehicle was. A glimpse of a blue and white shirt of his wife's. He is pretty good with recognizing her clothing. And the fact I think the driver's seat was straight up meaning the daughter was driving. Media asked if they were seen. He also said I believe no doors were seen opening and no one getting out or in, just the back hatch opening and later closing.

Jmo.

So I did some digging and found out that the Rousseaus are part of a fringe religious sect called Hebrew Roots. It is basically Jews for Jesus with literal Biblical interpretation and trying to live with a "first century walk of faith" and is not connected with mainstream Judaism - I am pretty active in my local Jewish community and here, it is widely seen as a cult.

IMO maybe their son left for a reason.
I noticed a comment from Jordan's friend when describing the women and asking for help finding them..she gave a description of them including that they would be wearing skirts, just like hers. Figured it was something religious, but was thinking Amish or Mennonite at first.

If he did indeed contact Jill by phone, twice on his way home Sunday, then it's possible he was trying to establish an alibi. Especially if, like you think, whatever happened, happened later..as in after he arrived home. JMO
Yes.

Focus on what he says, and what he may be trying to do.

He’s far away.

He speaks to her when he is far away.

She is spotted in the afternoon, when he is far away.

The chickens are running around, so she must have quickly left while he was still far away.

That’s all fine and well, until you entertain the possibility that this all happened in the evening, when he wasn’t “far away.”

I’d like to know the last time she made a phone call. I’m going to guess that it was later than the time she was last spotted.

Yes.

Focus on what he says, and what he may be trying to do.

He’s far away.

He speaks to her when he is far away.

She is spotted in the afternoon, when he is far away.

The chickens are running around, so she must have quickly left while he was still far away.

That’s all fine and well, until you entertain the possibility that this all happened in the evening, when he wasn’t “far away.”

I’d like to know the last time she made a phone call. I’m going to guess that it was later than the time she was last spotted.
Now you're talking. All the things he said could very well have happened. We don't know what happened afterwards and he didn't report them missing until the next day. IMO.

Now you're talking. All the things he said could very well have happened. We don't know what happened afterwards and he didn't report them missing until the next day. IMO.
Exactly.

He’s talking at length and providing ridiculous amounts of extraneous information because he IS being truthful.

He doesn’t have to lie about those things, so it all comes free and easy.

Ask him what he did when he returned home, and his precise actions that evening, and it would be a different story.

If he’s lying of course.

One thing that stood out to me (at least from the article I was reading) was when KR said that he called his wife sometime after the wedding but he can't remember if he called her cell phone or the landline -- does he not have a call log on his phone? He said he was out of town, so I'm assuming if he was traveling he was probably calling from his cell phone.

ETA: Probably a minor point, but just kind of stuck out to me.

Not so minor when he seemed to know exact times and specifics about every other detail!!

Yes..all the timing and the chickens and the searches he did on his own are all his version of what happened. Also he very willingly provided info that he called her while he was driving home and again when he stopped for dinner. Who knows for sure when they really went missing?

And I know LE has said this before, even if they truly suspected the person...but they claim he is not a suspect and is cooperating fully. Also that no marital or financial troubles have been discovered. I will give benefit of a doubt for the time being.

'Nothing else makes sense': Kelly Rousseau believes his wife and daughter were abducted

Borman said Kelly Rousseau is cooperating with investigators and is not believed to be involved with the disappearance.

"He is entirely cooperating," Borman told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. "Everything seems appropriate. He is doing everything we ask of him. We have no reason to suspect him in any way at this point of any sort of foul play."

Another problem I have with that presser:

He supposedly believes an abduction has occurred. If you watch it through that prism, it’s even more odd.

His affect just doesn’t match that of so many others who have gone through something like this.

It works to a degree if he just doesn’t know what happened, but he claims he is focused on the worst case scenario.

Where’s the panic?

Where’s the emotion?

Everyone is different, but it’s definitely setting off alarm bells.

Not saying it doesn't happen but it seems a bit rare and odd for a random abduction of 2 grown women in a small town. As a family member my first thought would not be abduction. My first thought would be that they had an accident and are stranded or hurt somewhere so it strikes me as odd that he is saying "nothing else makes sense" besides an abduction so soon.

You know it's bad when you, @MassGuy and I are spinning our wheels ridiculously fast in a parking lot, changing direction frequently. Come on guys, I am depending on you to stop my hinky meter from flashing and blaring.

That son.... until I know he is alive and well and cleared of any wrong doing, I won't rest. Also, what indication gave the father the thought that they were kidnapped, without no evidence of it happening? I suppose with the credit cards not being used for food, gas, lodging, may be why he's leaning that way. If so, where is the vehicle?

That is my thought...I try to put myself in his shoes as an innocent person. If my family went missing in this manner I think car accident would be my first concern. Have they been checking bodies of water or cliffs? Why go straight to an abduction?

Not so minor when he seemed to know exact times and specifics about every other detail!!

Great point. Not to mention, if my wife was missing, and I had called her from the road I would definitely make 100% certain I knew whether I called her landline or her cell. This could be the difference between where she was when something bad happened and a starting point for searching purposes.

I honestly feel like I can't make a jump either way until I get some more information on the end location of the vehicle. I'm certainly starting to lean one way but I'll reserve judgment. MOO

So if he does believe this is an abduction or even say an accident.. why is there zero appeal for people to search or help, look at video you have on your home or businesses, where is the plea if you saw something strange please call?? He doesn't ask for anything really, just seemed to want to share all of the things he has done.

Not saying it doesn't happen but it seems a bit rare and odd for a random abduction of 2 grown women in a small town. As a family member my first thought would not be abduction. My first thought would be that they had an accident and are stranded or hurt somewhere so it strikes me as odd that he is saying "nothing else makes sense" besides an abduction so soon.
Personally, knowing that area, an abduction seems very uncharacteristic unless there was some sort of illegal drugs or human trafficking involved. Since these two (as far as we know) were involved with neither of those things, it just seems fishy.

So if he does believe this is an abduction or even say an accident.. why is there zero appeal for people to search or help, look at video you have on your home or businesses, where is the plea if you saw something strange please call?? He doesn't ask for anything really, just seemed to want to share all of the things he has done.
Precisely.

First off, it’s weird that his mind would immediately go to that scenario.

Secondly, if you truly believe this to be an abduction, why aren’t you behaving that way?!

Yes! Agreed 100%. It's as if he's pointing to this possibility on purpose. There are other reasons they might have disappeared. He might have considered they wanted to have a vacation, or to get away...from chickens, from work/school, from whatever.... Def an accident would have been first on the list.

My own opinion of course, but that offers another reason to leave behind cell phones. And he seems to be pushing the abduction theory big time. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back