Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I have long believed that he bundled her up in the duffel bag, took her to a pre-prepared location, buried her, then returned with the duffel bag (more on that in a moment). I still think that is what he did, based on gas consumption. But disposal in his dumpster is possible. I have thought that putting her in his dumpster was too risky. Putting her there Friday night would be very risky. After three days, the smell would be strong enough to draw attention. If her stores her in his bathtub on ice, he retards decomposition, probably enough such that if he puts her in Sunday evening, the odor won’t yet be strong enough to draw attention by Monday morning when the trash is picked up.

He will almost certainly dismember her further to aid in removal. That has to be done in the tub, meaning she will remain in the bathroom for some time. Dismembering her further allows him the opportunity to further *advertiser censored* her decomposition: he can place her extremities and her head in separate white garbage bags, tie them up, then put them in the freezer. He can keep them there until right when he decides he has to put her in the dumpster. So: torso in the tub on ice, cut extremities in garbage bags and in the freezer. Torso bagged up when it’s time to take stuff out. All the parts in multiple white garbage bags dumped in the dumpster, then covered up with other trash. Parts are chilled/frozen, and won’t have time to advance in decomposition to the point of noticeiabilty before being picked up Monday morning. Then, clean up the tub and put some Drano down the drains before Michelle gets back. On the 13th, buy garbage bags to replace what you’ve used, and more Drano just to be sure - and have the maintenance guys come to treat the plAce for “mold growth” , further ensuring potential DNA evidence is destroyed.

I still think using the duffle to take her out and take her to a pre-selected spot, but storing he4 in the bathroom for a while and placing her in the dumpster is feasible. Can explain why he buys bags an$ Drano when he does. Can explain the cadaver dog alerting there, too

About the bag: why did he keep it? I think it’s simple. He liked it. He is caught on one of the tapes telling someone it’s a pretty sweet bag. Plus, it was 50 bucks or so, so he probably didn’t want to let go of it. However, if he roughed up YY and put her in it to take her into the apartment, she probably bled a little in it, not to mention her hair might be left in it. Same if he used it to transport her for burial. He retains it because he wants to keep it, then decides it has to disappear once he realizes they have vid of her getting into the car. It’s too dangerous to keep if the authorities start snooping around. Thus, the stupid “cat tree transport and it broke” story.

The dumb@ss had the smarts to dispose of it. Thankfully, his idiotic @ss wasn’t as bright when it came to the baseball bat.

Just want to add reading that full transcripts earlier, I remember seeing a picture taken by the FBI that BC made a bathroom mold maintenance request at 11pm with a sign placed on his door outside on the night of the abduction, June 9, 2017. Don’t know when the bathroom maintainence was completed so it would be very risky if he leave her body there over the weekend for someone to come over clean up the bathroom and wife coming back home by Sunday’s evening.

I think it is when he goes to see Bullis for the first time after being released by the FBI on the 16th...

I also remember reading over that part in the full transcript, but I can’t recall if the person refused to let him in was his GF friend or a male family member.

Also want to add that tweets and the transcripts details are sometime conflicting in smaller details that causes some confusion initally like the stabbing and cut throat, which comes first?

Lastly, about the abduction surveillance video. I looked over them again and again and notice they had a lot of videos of his car from 30 mins before abduction at various place but pretty much none afterwards that led me to believe there are other videos out there that are not for display as to what really happened. Also zoomed into the abduction video timestamp and noticed about a one minute missing footing before she got into the car.

1. Defense attorneys noted that Zhang's blood and DNA were not found on a variety of potential weapons in the home (knives, hammers, etc.) nor was it found in the bathroom sink

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 5m5 minutes ago
    Similarly, DNA recovered from drywall samples in Christensen's home was 33 octillion times more likely to have come from Zhang than from anyone else, according to Bakker
Who cares if it wasn’t on every single thing he could have used as a weapon, as long as it’s on the bat? They sure don’t have much up their sleeve to refute the evidence.

1. Astra - no blood - DNA located, but not Ms. Zhang's (11/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 4m4 minutes ago
    Tack strip - blood identified - DNA likelihood factor of 1.4 billion (10/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 4m4 minutes ago
    Baseboard under bed - blood identified - DNA inconclusive (9/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

4. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 4m4 minutes ago
    Drywall behind bed - blood presumptive, but not confirmed - DNA likelihood factor of 33 octilion (8/15)

1. hird mattress swab - blood presumptive, but not confirmed - DNA likelihood factor of 3,000 (5/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 6m6 minutes ago
    Another mattress swab - blood not detected - DNA likelihood factor of 1.4 quintillion (17 zeros) (4/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 6m6 minutes ago
    One swab on mattress had a presumptive test for blood that wasn't confirmed, and DNA with a likelihood factor of 44 sixtillion (21 zeros) that it was Ms. Zhang's DNA and not a random person's (3/15)

Who cares if it wasn’t on every single thing he could have used as a weapon, as long as it’s on the bat? They sure don’t have much up their sleeve to refute the evidence.
Agree.
What I'm unable to glean is approximate quantity of blood ... unsure whether droplets or large poolings... my kingdom for a transcript..

Gonna light a spiritual candle for Teb now, she'll always be Teb here, I think. I wish her surefootedness confidence and strength..
and I hope the defense lose their notes and make asses of themselves while trying to destroy her.

I also remember reading over that part in the full transcript, but I can’t recall if the person refused to let him in was his GF friend or a male family member.

Also want to add that tweets and the transcripts details are sometime conflicting in smaller details that causes some confusion initally like the stabbing and cut throat, which comes first?

Lastly, about the abduction surveillance video. I looked over them again and again and notice they had a lot of videos of his car from 30 mins before abduction at various place but pretty much none afterwards that led me to believe there are other videos out there that are not for display as to what really happened. Also zoomed into the abduction video timestamp and noticed about a one minute missing footing before she got into the car.

Bold: Yes. This. Very much this. Different reporters summarize things differently, and it leads to lots of confusion.

Miller's opening statement made it sound like YY could have been alive still while he decapitated her. Then I read a transcript somewhere that BC stated she died after he stabbed her in the neck to see if she was still alive after being hit with the bat. Now, I can't find that transcript......

this tweet from AA
Bakker says the bat also tested positive fot YZ's DNA. Asst. Fed. Defender Pollock points out Bakker couldn't tell that the DNA came from blood, or skin, or nails, or something else. Agrees YZ's DNA was in BC's bedroom, but suggests it could have been from something else @WCIA3

Like what exactly??
Are they going to say she went willingly and things accidentally went wrong?

Bold: Yes. This. Very much this. Different reporters summarize things differently, and it leads to lots of confusion.

Miller's opening statement made it sound like YY could have been alive still while he decapitated her. Then I read a transcript somewhere that BC stated she died after he stabbed her in the neck to see if she was still alive after being hit with the bat. Now, I can't find that transcript......
Only the opening statements have been published in transcript. All else are reports and subject to error and variances.

Forensic Examiner Amanda Bakker testifies. She's based out of the FBI's Quantico HQ. Explains how DNA testing works (AA)

wowee!
The odds that DNA found in blood recovered from under carpet in Brendt Christensen's apartment came from anyone other than Yingying Zhang is 1 in 97 octillion, according to an FBI forensic examine
Matt Masterson

YES!!!

Bakker (with two K's not one) said the likelihood DNA found on a baseball bat in Christensen's home coming from anyone other than Yingying Zhang was 1 in 33 octillion (that's 33 followed by 27 zeroes)
Matt Masterson
Already-
Bakker says the bat also tested positive fot YZ's DNA. Asst. Fed. Defender Pollock points out Bakker couldn't tell that the DNA came from blood, or skin, or nails, or something else. Agrees YZ's DNA was in BC's bedroom, but suggests it could have been from something else @WCIA3
Bakker says the underside of the piece of carpet cut from beneath BC's bed tested positive for both blood, and #YingyingZhang 's DNA, by a likelihood ratio of 97 octillion that it was hers, than not. That's 97,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 @WCIA3

So in addition to his defense admitting he killed her on day 1 of the trial, and now this testimony that her blood and DNA was definitely found under his carpet in his apartment by the odds of 97,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000-to-1

I question again why the Prosecution doesnt just rest their case. I am sure they have their reasons and maybe its just to get all the evidence on record to help squash any future appeals.

Another one is from my original quoting BC “refused fading into nothingness”, I read that on the transcript he was talking to his wife I think back early in the Feb/March or April period before he went berserked and did counseling. But then someone else’s (kittenshare *corrected* kittythehare -excuse if I got your name spelled incorrectly!) then posted a tweet or news article that said he said that to his GF -BT! And that got me so confused if the transcript is worth more credible or the ongoing daily tweets?

Another one is from my original quoting BC “refused fading into nothingness”, I read that on the transcript he was talking to his wife I think back early in the Feb/March or April period before he went berserked and did counseling. But then someone else’s (kittenshare *corrected* kittenthehare -excuse if I got your name spelled incorrectly!) then posted a tweet or news article that said he said that to his GF -BT! And that got me so confused if the transcript is worth more credible or the ongoing daily tweets?
why don't you read the exhibits list?
Makes it easier to understand. Here's the link
Exhibits | Central District of Illinois | United States District Court

"Trial by Tweet" can get frustrating at times. Its better when judges allow cameras in the courtroom so we can all follow along as it happens. It makes it easier to discuss a live trial when video is being shown.

If the reporters are not even allowed to tweet until just on break times then it is really limiting the amount of information we will get.

IMO, Trials are supposed to be public and out in the open to protect both the Prosecution and the Defense from any shady things going on. I have never quite understood why some judges dont allow cameras in the courtroom.

1. Bullis detailed her relationship with BC. Says she's polyamorous, was living in a house with others who also practiced that. Says her first date with BC was "normal," at a cafe and bookstore @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 3m3 minutes ago
    Christensen's ex girlfriend is on the stand now. Testimony is ongoing-- @cbuntingWCIA3 is watching from the courthouse in Urbana while I write scripslts for 5 & 6 news on @WCIA3 . A few quick updates first

1. Bullis says she was continually concerned about Christensen's drinking habits, and says his wife was concerned too. @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 3m3 minutes ago
      Says they practiced BDSM, using the "stoplight system": Each color represents one's degree of consent. Says she had to say "Red" once when BC was flogging her, and things weren't really the same between them since then @

So much no longer makes sense to me… the only way I see BC taking YY into his apt. in broad daylight risk-free is inside that duffelbag… but even there, no matter how she’s bound & gagged, she’d be able to make noise and squirm/kick… I think she had to be dead or unconscious already.

To even put her in the duffelbag he couldn’t drive straight home with her, but had to go to some secluded, partly remote spot, assured of no passersby or cars. I think he took her there to rape her and in the ensuing struggle purposely or accidentally killed her (or at very least knocked her unconscious)… then took her to the apt. (in bag) to perform some fetish-ish acts, and maybe collect some “souvenirs” or take photos. IF his (hokey-sounding) storyline to TEB was true I’m amazed there was not MORE blood and DNA evidence in the apt. no matter how well he cleaned up; much more. And you don’t bash someone in the head with a bat hard enough to split their skull open and think no one’s gonna hear that (I’ve had neighbors knock on my apt. door to ask if everything’s OK, when something heavy falls off a shelf!). The more I read it the more unlikely/outlandish BC’s scenario sounds; more like bravado to impress TEB. I think he did some unspeakable acts to her lifeless body in the apt., possibly including dismemberment, bagged her up and that night took her to some dumpster or refuse site that he knew would go to an incinerator, not the landfill (although there are still many disposal possibilities, though I do think he went some significant distance from his apt. complex). I suspect the Defense’s tactic will be to portray TEB as a submissive dupe, willing to believe anything she’s told. Their aim will be to say BC kidnapped and killed, but did not commit all the heinous, tortuous, aggravating acts he himself described.

AUSA Nelson brings up the text messages with BC she provided to the FBI. "I would never do anything so dumb I eould go to jail, though that would be very, very interesting." BC texted her. Also all the stuff about how he wanted to be remembered @
She says all of that was concerning to her. Says that BC told her he thought he could kill someone and get away with it, that it would be easy
Bullis says she was emotionally attached to BC, and that's why she decided to wear a wire for the FBI. Says she wanted to know whether he had anything to do with the missing student or not, whether it was true
and that's where I walked out. Christensen appeared at times to wipe tears. Was looking down at the table and possibly avoiding eye contact with Bullis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong