Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the Lincoln Journal Star today, the Judge said the courthouse has air conditioning and elevator issues, and another issue, but she didn't want to discuss that because she didn't want to "muddy the waters".

Apparently, AT's defense was there this a.m. but AT was not.

Aubrey Trail's trial is delayed; jurors told to come back at 1 p.m.

Last edited:
Are you able to share the details with everyone here? :)
I am not sure what I can share. Right now nothing to share as it is still delayed. Have had some conversations with a reporter and some locals at the local convenience store. Interesting information. Appears that the procesution is going to call witnesses today
I think- repeat think the delay is due to the elevator not working and not being able to transport AT to the 3rd floor without it. Elevator repairman was here and it is working now
So fingers crossed it will start on time at 1:00

Are you able to share the details with everyone here? :)

She was just telling me that the courtroom actually hasn't been full. There's been quite a lot of media, several family members, but not a lot of members from the general public. I was telling JenniD that there is a part of me that would like to go, I would like to be there to support Sydney, but hearing that there are not a lot of people from the general public, I'm afraid that it would appear I'm just someone who is being nosey. Quite honestly, I'm not sure I want to be there to hear all the details, this is one instance where I'm afraid the truth may be worse than what I have thought in my head or rumors I have heard.

Well court is adjourned for today. It seems they will either sequester jury or stop media coverage. Really going to suck if they stop media coverage :/

I hope they choose to sequester the jury vs. stop media coverage. It's already hard knowing there are cameras but we can't see the coverage, only read updates. I hope the updates are able to continue.

Trail trial adjourned Wednesday over concerns about jury, media coverage

June 19th 2019

"UPDATE 1:30 pm: The judge has adjourned court for the day. Trial will begin again at 9:00 a.m. Thursday.

She says there are concerns about jurors speculating about the case and media presence.

According to FOX 42 Reporter Jenna Liston, the judge has two choices: either sequester the jury or to remove media coverage from the trial.

If the judge sequesters the jury that means they will not be allowed to access news or reports about the case...."

Trail trial adjourned Wednesday over concerns about jury, media coverage

I have been waiting so long foe this. I really hope these jurors behave. Media coverage is because of the foulness involved with poor Sydney's death. These things are not common. I think we all crave the truth. I sincerely hope the judge does not deny the compassionate public the answers they deserve.

I shutter to think about what those roasting pans were for. Considering everything else that was purchased, it's doubtful Bailey was planning to make a potroast for Aubrey using those.

Also, I hate to be so graphic or to even ask about it, but curiosity has me wondering: the reports specifically said that her tongue, spleen, kidneys and heart were missing. Does anyone have any ideas as to why that may be?

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Did they sell them? Eat them?

I was away from the computer/phone today and hoped to have some updates. Thanks to WSers for covering court - even on days when there is....nothing.

Maybe they were too hasty in picking the jury - that process went so fast. Does the jury realize it's not okay to be speculating and to stay away articles and broadcasts, etc.? That should be part of their instructions, right? Or is the presence of media too overwhelming to disregard? IDK...not happy there are issues with the jury so soon into this. Fingers crossed it gets straightened out.

jmo

I was away from the computer/phone today and hoped to have some updates. Thanks to WSers for covering court - even on days when there is....nothing.

Maybe they were too hasty in picking the jury - that process went so fast. Does the jury realize it's not okay to be speculating and to stay away articles and broadcasts, etc.? That should be part of their instructions, right? Or is the presence of media too overwhelming to disregard? IDK...not happy there are issues with the jury so soon into this. Fingers crossed it gets straightened out.

jmo

It turned out it was a jurors mom. She had just posted on a news article or something that her daughter was on the jury. That was all.

Aubrey Trail, because of heart attack and stroke, wants to remain at state prison

Aubrey Trail, 52, who faces the death penalty in the November 2017 slaying of Sydney Loofe, is seeking to stay at a state prison in Lincoln during his upcoming trial because of a recent heart attack and stroke.

In a legal motion filed Friday, his attorney asked a judge to allow Trail, who now uses a wheelchair, to be housed at the State Diagnostic and Evaluation Center in Lincoln because it has a skilled-nursing unit.

Trail was transferred from the Saline County Jail to the Lincoln prison in January, and according to the motion, he fears that he could die if he is returned to the County Jail, where he said the policy is to withhold medications until they are approved by a County Jail physician.

“Any interruptions of the defendant’s medications could prove fatal,” said the motion by Trail’s court-appointed attorney, Ben Murray.​
Wouldn't that just be a cryin' shame...:rolleyes::p;)

jmo
Tell me about it. Very concerned at this point.

Oh, man. That would be something my mom would do.

Haha right! I imagine it's something that probably happens a lot...but this being a small town I'm sure everyone knows each other etc.

So.... are we really believing the elevator broke, the AC broke, a jurors mom did that, AND Trail was taken somewhere by 911 for medical emergency.....

Well, the judge got stuck on the elevator Monday, AT did yesterday. It wasn’t even that warm here today. Funny since they just totally remodeled the whole courthouse.

I was in the chat when the jurors mom said that. Someone asked if the jury was sequestered and all she said was her daughter was a juror and no they weren’t and they were told not to research the case.

Wilber is a small town, in Saline County which is small. There has to be people on that jury that know each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10