GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

Rebecca O'Donnell charged with capital murder in killing of former senator Linda Collins-Smith

View attachment 189592

I don’t know what to make of the head tilt and is that frown suppressing a smirk? Maybe I’m reading it all wrong. Thoughts?

JMO
My thoughts are Becky is used to posing in all of her public pictures with a full blast over the top teeth baring smile...her mugshot suggests an effort to restrain from a teeth exposed smile, while struggling with mixed emotions of sadness, confusion, resignation, and mocking contempt for her current predicament. I can imagine it must be a huge and unpleasant juxtapose of reality to be facing a prison camera for a mugshot stripped of public dignity and respect when compared to her routine and flattering camera pictures that always reflected her beautiful public image.

Have to admit i’m Confused where you are going with this. Are you trying to dispute something I have posted? You had mentioned the BF and attorney were in support of BO but didn’t know how to attach the link so I was able to find an article to support that. I have said tho that no one would want to believe someone they or LCS was close to would commit murder so I take their statements with a “grain of salt”. Doesn’t mean BO didn’t do it.
I personally believe If she did do it she did not plan it at alone.

We are confusing each other. Probably bad communication on my part.

Jun 20, 2019
“POCAHONTAS, Ark. – When Melissa Jones hired a woman as a favor in 2014, she came to regret it after a few short weeks when she caught her stealing and had to fire her.

That woman was Rebecca ‘Becky’ O’Donnell – the same woman now incarcerated for capital murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence in the death of former State Senator Linda Collins.

Jones operates Curvy’s in Jonesboro and Southern Vogue online. Before those, she began her business as a fashionista with the Select Seconds consignment shops in Pocahontas and Jonesboro.

In 2014, she said she was at a class reunion when she came across her best friend from high school, Shelley, and her sister – Becky O’Donnell. It wasn’t the first time they had met. They attended school together, said Jones to NEA Report on Thursday.

[SBM]

After striking up a conversation, the subject of Jones’ consignment shop came up. O’Donnell asked if she was hiring. The answer was yes – $10 an hour for the position of cashier in Jonesboro. But as Jones recalls, that’s where the first sign of trouble began.

‘She didn’t want to work for $10 an hour,’ said Jones.

But the consignment store owner presented her with a compromise: take the job temporarily until she could find a better paying one. O’Donnell agreed.

Several weeks without incident went by. One hot day in the summer, Jones said an employee caught O’Donnell stashing a bag full of designer jeans behind the dumpster outside. O’Donnell did this while she was taking out the garbage.

‘I have zero tolerance for thieves so I called the police immediately,’ Jones wrote in a Facebook post about the topic.

[SBM]

Afterward, Jones told her to leave.

[SBM]

Then, she received a message on Facebook from Shelley. She copied and pasted the message to NEA Report:

‘I wish you would’ve pressed charges against my sister. In the last 6 months I have found out that she has stolen from so many people and only one person went after her. She stole all my moms retirement money…about $160k’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]

‘.... She has stolen from ex boyfriends and she also opened up credit cards in her kids names and maxed them out and never paid the bills ruining their credit.

[SBM],’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Store Owner: I fired Rebecca O’Donnell for theft

Jun 20, 2019
“POCAHONTAS, Ark. – When Melissa Jones hired a woman as a favor in 2014, she came to regret it after a few short weeks when she caught her stealing and had to fire her.

That woman was Rebecca ‘Becky’ O’Donnell – the same woman now incarcerated for capital murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence in the death of former State Senator Linda Collins.

Jones operates Curvy’s in Jonesboro and Southern Vogue online. Before those, she began her business as a fashionista with the Select Seconds consignment shops in Pocahontas and Jonesboro.

In 2014, she said she was at a class reunion when she came across her best friend from high school, Shelley, and her sister – Becky O’Donnell. It wasn’t the first time they had met. They attended school together, said Jones to NEA Report on Thursday.

[SBM]

After striking up a conversation, the subject of Jones’ consignment shop came up. O’Donnell asked if she was hiring. The answer was yes – $10 an hour for the position of cashier in Jonesboro. But as Jones recalls, that’s where the first sign of trouble began.

But the consignment store owner presented her with a compromise: take the job temporarily until she could find a better paying one. O’Donnell agreed.

Several weeks without incident went by. One hot day in the summer, Jones said an employee caught O’Donnell stashing a bag full of designer jeans behind the dumpster outside. O’Donnell did this while she was taking out the garbage.

‘I have zero tolerance for thieves so I called the police immediately,’ Jones wrote in a Facebook post about the topic.

[SBM]

[SBM]

Then, she received a message on Facebook from Shelley. She copied and pasted the message to NEA Report:

‘I wish you would’ve pressed charges against my sister. In the last 6 months I have found out that she has stolen from so many people and only one person went after her. She stole all my moms retirement money…about $160k’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]

‘.... She has stolen from ex boyfriends and she also opened up credit cards in her kids names and maxed them out and never paid the bills ruining their credit.

[SBM],’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Well well well ...

Jun 20, 2019

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM],’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]” (BBM)

Thanks for finding this and sharing it. This certainly fills in a lot of blanks.

JMO

Something something sleep in the bed she's made.
Something something chickens coming home to roost.
Something something wheel of karma.

I mean jeez, this is why sane people avoid the habit of crime. Eventually you get in over your head and something like this happens.

And the arrogant fallacy that happens -- when you get away with stuff long enough that you think you're ALWAYS going to get away with it.

Something something sleep in the bed she's made.
Something something chickens coming home to roost.
Something something wheel of karma.

I mean jeez, this is why sane people avoid the habit of crime. Eventually you get in over your head and something like this happens.

And the arrogant fallacy that happens -- when you get away with stuff long enough that you think you're ALWAYS going to get away with it.

MOO It seems she was trying to live above her means for sure. Was she trying to keep up with LCS? I think so. You are right, the bill for BO just became due.
JMO

It sounds like we will probably hear more stories of the other thefts soon as it sounds like she stole whenever she had the opportunity and she certainly didn’t discriminate. And she ruined her kids credit? Absolutely unforgivable.

What’s the old proverb? Something like, “A liar will steal and a thief will kill.”

Moo

Jun 20, 2019

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM],’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]” (BBM)
It is very odd, in my opinion, with this type of troubled background with family and friends...that Becky O'donnell was able to forge what appears to have been on the surface a good relationship with the former Senator Linda Collins-Smith. I would think being selected as a campaign manager would have warranted some type of background check. Did Linda Collins-Smith discover some money related problems that involved Becky O'donnell that then resulted in Becky having to silence her?

Neesaki, your comparison of Becky's mugshot to the mugshot of Jodi Arias is interesting--I think you're correct. Both women seem to be channeling the same manipulative mindset to project on their viewing audience...

Last edited:
Being found wrapped up in a blanket in the yard outside of her house seems to offer some possible clues as to what might happened...I think wrapping someone in a blanket could help with transporting them or slowing down decomposition. It wouldn't much sense to kill someone in their house, wrap them in blanket and then set them outside. What came to mind is the possibility that Linda Collins-Smith was still alive wrapped in a blanket when someone transported to her house or out of her house, and then shot her...

It is very odd, in my opinion, with this type of troubled background with family and friends...that Becky O'donnell was able to forge what appears to have been on the surface a good relationship with the former Senator Linda Collins-Smith. I would think being selected as a campaign manager would have warranted some type of background check. Did Linda Collins-Smith discover some money related problems that involved Becky O'donnell that then resulted in Becky having to silence her?

You would think so but there were tons of initial comments on FB applauding Becky’s character, saying there was “no way” and how she was so “sweet”. Maybe she is just one of those people who can really pull the wool over eyes. Allegedly.

Jun 20, 2019

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM]

[SBM],’ Shelley wrote.

[SBM]” (BBM)
I've a horrible feeling LCS knew about something untoward and was trying to recover the money without getting BO into trouble. Maybe things finally came to a head.

Article previously posted upthread:

"I believe Ms. Collins-Smith knows more about the parties' finances," begins the ruling. "I do not believe she has been honest. In his testimony, he said she was a hard working legislator, very intelligent and could mange business and did a good job. If he said she had integrity, I missed that. That is not my judgment at this point."

The judge went on to say she has not been open about what happened to the proceeds of the sale of Day's Inn. Although the court believed she paid expenses for both parties during that time, accounting for some of the monies spent, his judicial paycheck was also being deposited and the two had money earning properties. The judge said maybe $100,000 was used to prop up the motel but beyond that, Collins had "like a million five" in her hands and "now they have $75,000 in the bank."
Murdered state senator was in bitter legal fight with ex-husband/ex-judge

You would think so but there were tons of initial comments on FB applauding Becky’s character, saying there was “no way” and how she was so “sweet”. Maybe she is just one of those people who can really pull the wool over eyes. Allegedly.
It really is beginning to look like a conspiracy--like you say, pulling the wool over someone's eyes requires the duped one to be passive to the deceitful behavior--Linda Collins-Smith doesn't seem like that type of person. From all accounts (her political colleagues, etc)...she was an astute, probing, and personably assertive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back