Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
this tweet from AA
Bakker says the bat also tested positive fot YZ's DNA. Asst. Fed. Defender Pollock points out Bakker couldn't tell that the DNA came from blood, or skin, or nails, or something else. Agrees YZ's DNA was in BC's bedroom, but suggests it could have been from something else @WCIA3

Like what exactly??
Are they going to say she went willingly and things accidentally went wrong?

If I had been there, I would have said. Yes, it could have come from hair, skin, dermis, periosteum, bone, dura, Brain and any other tissue associated with the head, as well as blood...

This may be obvious and I'm just not processing it correctly, but I have a question about the DNA "likelihood" stats.

If the DNA being tested is YYZ's why are there different likelihood factors? According to the tweet (quoted below) one of the mattress swabs showed it was her DNA by a factor of 44 sixtillion while another mattress swab showed it was her by a factor of 1.4 quintillion.

If both contain the DNA of YYZ, and the likelihood factor expresses the odds of it being hers and not a random stranger's DNA,.. . wouldn't the likelihood factor always be the same number? IMO

thanks!

1. <snipped>

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 6m6 minutes ago
    Another mattress swab - blood not detected - DNA likelihood factor of 1.4 quintillion (17 zeros) (4/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 6m6 minutes ago
    One swab on mattress had a presumptive test for blood that wasn't confirmed, and DNA with a likelihood factor of 44 sixtillion (21 zeros) that it was Ms. Zhang's DNA and not a random person's (3/15)

This may be obvious and I'm just not processing it correctly, but I have a question about the DNA "likelihood" stats.

If the DNA being tested is YYZ's why are there different likelihood factors? According to the tweet (quoted below) one of the mattress swabs showed it was her DNA by a factor of 44 sixtillion while another mattress swab showed it was her by a factor of 1.4 quintillion.

If both contain the DNA of YYZ, and the likelihood factor expresses the odds of it being hers and not a random stranger's DNA,.. . wouldn't the likelihood factor always be the same number? IMO

thanks!
Means likliehood of it being edit someone other than YY YingYing's.
Reporter should have said that but they just get 15 inute breaks to file, tweet and livestream their comments.
Other journalists tweeting made that clear.
It's really bitty and unsatisfactory but best we can do as no electronics are permitted in courtroom, ergo no livetweeting and no transcripts availab;e on Pacer for 90 days though can apparently be purchased from court clerk sooner.
Details about that are here Exhibits | Central District of Illinois | United States District Court
This is just making the best of the worst of circumstances regarding fast and accurate reports.
It's all we got right now.
Later media will write up their articles which may or may not provide extra information.
One tidbit came today regarding BC telling other prisoner, jailmate that he used a police radio.
AAron Eades mentioned it in his lunchtime recap facebooklive yesterday, a few posts up.
Was news to journos too, wasn't a great witness and defense managed to knock his credibility further during x-exam

Last edited:

thanks!

The attached article I think will answer your question because it explains the DNA Liklihood factor.

I tried to read a little bit of it and I dont quite understand it either. :)

https://www.promega.ee/~/media/file...eedings/ishi 21/oral presentations/perlin.pdf

we just managed to get those few tweets from Aaron Eades because he left courtroom to write some stuff.. need to wait for the rest.
BC #wipingTears
seeming to avoid eye contact with TB..
Yeah roish,
arch manipulator, he knows she loved him, now he's pressing buttons.
No tears for YY or any other evidence.. he's laying it on thick is Frankenstein is my heavily biased opinion.
I do not see Frankenstein having a melt-down unless he reckons it will save his *advertiser censored* in some way

And I disagree I think this was a psychotic rage he went on. Let’s break this down. His WIFE leaves town with another man, BC is devastated, as we know one of the ONLY times he showed emotion in court was over his failing marriage.

MC is in Wisconsin the same place her and BC honeymoon, with another man. Brendt texts his other GF “TB” where she replies “I’m
Busy with another man”.

This sends Brendt into a rage. A demonic rage. He goes and buys booze, and develops his game plan. He thinks he is clever, posing as an undercover cop. Approaches Miss EH, As she initially accepts to answer questions, and when BC asks her to get in the car she backs up and declines.

Brendt goes home. Absolutely furious. 3 females have declined him today. That’s it. Drinks a little more liquor, finds YY, kidnaps, and unleashes a fury on anger.

ok, I can agree that this triggered him.

I don't know if I'd call that love. I think she used the right term in court, she was "attached" to him. Possible low self-esteem, combined with attention seeking that this unstable man provided. Still, you are right Kittythebare, he knows he can manipulate her neediness and was probably laying it on thick in court.

we just managed to get those few tweets from Aaron Eades because he left courtroom to write some stuff.. need to wait for the rest.
BC #wipingTears
seeming to avoid eye contact with TB..
Yeah roish,
arch manipulator, he knows she loved him, now he's pressing buttons.
No tears for YY or any other evidence.. he's laying it on thick is Frankenstein is my heavily biased opinion.
I do not see Frankenstein having a melt-down unless he reckons it will save his *advertiser censored* in some way

true. Most people in the S&M scene do not encourage it. Way too dangerous. So, if he was involved in this level of S&M with his wife/gf they knew he was possibly capable of much more.
There is no evidence that he engaged with any bDSM practices with his wife. In fact he described his sex-life with his wife as 'boring' in the last exhibit posted yesterday.

There is no evidence that he engaged with any bDSM practices with his wife. In fact he described his sex-life with his wife as 'boring' in the last exhibit posted yesterday.

I remember in the early stages of this case, we were warned against discussing the wife, but it turns out his relationship with his wife has a lot to do with the events that weekend, among other things. In general, though, married cheaters will often talk about their dissatisfaction with the wife (including sex life)to get into other people's bed and then manipulate them. So, I would not put one ounce of trust into whatever description of his marriage he dispensed to sidepieces. We really don't know what went on inside their married bedroom but it may very well include BDSM.

I remember in the early stages of this case, we were warned against discussing the wife, but it turns out his relationship with his wife has a lot to do with the events that weekend, among other things. In general, though, ******* married cheaters will often talk about their dissatisfaction with the wife (including sex life)to get into other people's bed and then manipulate them. So, I would not put one ounce of trust into whatever description of his marriage he dispensed to sidepieces. We really don't know what went on inside their married bedroom but it very well include BDSM.
Check out final exhibit from yesterday on exhibit list.. will tell you a lot.. it was about a facebook relationship he had with a woman where he described his marriage, I think he was trying to seduce her from the messages. But, as you state, probably all BS

Check out final exhibit from yesterday on exhibit list.. will tell you a lot.. it was about a facebook relationship he had with a woman where he described his marriage, I think he was trying to seduce her from the messages. But, as you state, probably all BS
You really have been an MVP for us Kittythebare. Thank you. Yes, perfect example. Tall tales are his weapons of manipulation and he has a full arsenal.

court report
  1. Bullis made 9 records, several of which were played in court to jurors Wednesday. She said she initially agreed to wear the wire because she "wanted to know if (he'd) done anything or not."

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 4m4 minutes ago
    Terra Bullis has spent about 2.5 hours on the witness stand today, explaining how she was able to use FBI recording devices that looked like a coffee mug and a post-it note to record her conversations with Brendt Christensen

She testified that Christensen seemed "excited, amused" when talking about the FBI tracking him and confiscating his computers
nice one
n June 20, 2017, about 11 days after Zhang disappeared, Bullis said Christensen told her to "use your right to remain silent" if she was questioned again by the FBI. "I don't know what they could ask that would be in my benefit," he said.

ourt has recessed for the day. Christensen's ex-girlfriend is on the stand. The Gov't is playing the secretly recordings she did with the Christensen. He is not making eye contact with her. He's motion and emotionless looking down at the table. #
That's from a journo @willpublicmedia

I remember in the early stages of this case, we were warned against discussing the wife, but it turns out his relationship with his wife has a lot to do with the events that weekend, among other things. In general, though, ******* married cheaters will often talk about their dissatisfaction with the wife (including sex life)to get into other people's bed and then manipulate them. So, I would not put one ounce of trust into whatever description of his marriage he dispensed to sidepieces. We really don't know what went on inside their married bedroom but it may very well include BDSM.

JMO
One thing the recent day's testimony has shown me is that he was the one who was the "Dominant" person in a BDSM type relationship with the GF. In a few posts back we read that she had to use the "Red Light" to get him to stop flogging her. She is lucky to be alive that day IMO.

He has also now proven to me that he was a sort of control freak in his marriage and that may have contributed to her suggesting the open marriage so that he would be forced to give up most of the "control" he had over her. We know this because he himself stated in the text to a female "J" that he was more of the type to want to know who she is seeing even in the open relationship, where she didnt care as much who he saw. Or something like that. It was in one of the documents available on the doc list. More or less a big hint that he can be or is a possessive control freak.

Anyway I get the feeling he downplayed to others the level of his control and dominance he was having over the wife and I am guessing she couldnt take his controlling ways anymore which may have led to their marriage issues.

I hope we get to hear from others to get more facts about his real nature and behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288