Found Safe WI - Jill, 55, & Jordan Rousseau, 21, mother & daughter, Dale, Outagamie Co., 16 Jun 2019

Sargent Nathan Borman made comments earlier to media which I'd not seen broadcast before on WBAY 2. This was played on WBAY TV2 fb.

"We have no indication that they were leaving for a trip. We have no indication that they were leaving unexpectedly, or that they were choosing to do this from obviously signs, obvious indicators out there. At this time, it just is, we're not sure where they went," says Sgt. Nathan Borman, Outagamie County Sheriff's Office.

CLICK HERE to watch Borman's news conference.
[...]

Borman says investigators are getting tips from across the country, but there are nothing leading them to the vehicle. He says it would be out of character for the women to leave without telling anyone.

"As two adults, you choose to leave, that's perfectly OK. My concern is, did they choose to leave? We don't know. We have no indicator to tell us that they did this voluntarily. They didn't contact any family and say hey, we're going out here for a little bit or we're taking a break or anything like that," Borman said.

Perhaps they really did take off, to get away from the life, the man...and heard the frantic news, compelling them to call in and say they are safe. They have been missing 3 days, so more than just a quick jaunt to a spa or shopping spree. JMO
The thing is, they didn't have their cell phones, and it sounds like they had other family and friends that were worried to pieces. Jordan's best friend said that she would not just take off like this, and they also said the same about Jill.

If this is a safety issue, I hope and pray that they remain safe and sound. It's just odd. Several of us weren't sure what to think of the husband's interview- we couldn't get a vibe one way or another about him- sometimes, I thought he was just nervous and chatty, but then, he didn't go and try to find them that night when he realized they were missing, and neither called him to tell him where they were.

They've been missing for three entire days. Who doesn't let their spouse or father not know that they are at least ok and safe?

To me, there's more to this.

The thing is, they didn't have their cell phones, and it sounds like they had other family and friends that were worried to pieces. Jordan's best friend said that she would not just take off like this, and they also said the same about Jill.

If this is a safety issue, I hope and pray that they remain safe and sound. It's just odd. Several of us weren't sure what to think of the husband's interview- we couldn't get a vibe one way or another about him- sometimes, I thought he was just nervous and chatty, but then, he didn't go and try to find them that night when he realized they were missing, and neither called him to tell him where they were.

They've been missing for three entire days. Who doesn't let their spouse or father not know that they are at least ok and safe?

I think so too.

Suppose when he last talked to her, she told him she was leaving him, that she would be gone when he returned. Maybe they went in search of the estranged son (who is only estranged from him?) Or maybe he went to the wedding/ funeral alone because she didn't want to be around him. All IMO. He would maybe act the same way in a presser, knowing what he knows, embarrassed to say so, making small talk while appearing to care where they are...maybe hoping they would see it .

Allegedly no phones, no debit or credit card usage and the chickens left out. If that is all true, it certainly lends to trying to lead someone to believe leaving may be involuntary.

It has been three days at minimum so they did not just get lost on their way home.

A spouse is one thing but an adult daughter and spouse is a bit unusual.

I mean at 55 years of age the wife has to know people are going to be worried no? Or did he suspect/know they left him and this was his way of having them found?

Speculation only and jmo.

I get the impression that household runs a very tight ship. What dad says generally goes and being worldly isn't encouraged.
I wonder if that car was headed to Missouri or California.
Family estrangements can sometimes cause strife between the remaining family members.

Or maybe they were just fed up with being anchored instead of sailing?

Or perhaps something was going on that dad couldn't know about?

"Hallelujah": Missing mother and daughter found safe

Interesting wording in this article:

"The sheriff's office isn't releasing further information, such as their location or how they were found, but the husband and father of the women told us the authorities received a tip on their whereabouts and responded.

Action 2 News reporter Jason Zimmerman talked with Kelly Rousseau shortly after Rousseau got the news.

"The pastor came up to me and said, 'Kelly, the sheriff's department is here. They want to talk to you, and you want to stay positive in your brain.' And so we came out and found a private area and he said, 'They are alive and safe,' and I just went, ah, hallelujah," Rousseau said.

He was excited but isn't sure when he'll be reunited with his wife and daughter.

"The sheriff's department has a bunch of information they wanted to give me and all this, but I said, 'You know what, they're alive and safe. Hopefully they're coming home tonight. The sheriff's department is in contact with them and they're working on it.""

I get the feeling that KR knew wife and daughter left voluntarily, and he purposely made a big deal out of them missing -- including the abduction theory, as a message to his wife.

Perhaps KR told Jill he planned to enjoy dinner on Sunday, Father's Day, with somebody that Jill did not approve of, and she told him if he did so that they would not be home when he got there.

My other thought is that Jill and Jordan went to see their son/brother.

The urgency about his missing family just was not there for me.

MOO

WbayTV presser on facebook includes more details than ABC2 news link.

Includes husband's over-explanation that Jill traveled to office to get paperwork for a road trip to Baltimore that was more than a week away....

MOO
Are his eyes closed through this explanation, or is it my eyesight? MOO
Sorry, I enlarged screen and see that they are open. It is an odd interview, and I am attempting to complete watching it.

Last edited:
Are his eyes closed through this explanation, or is it my eyesight? MOO

It’s really hard to tell. I am wondering the same thing, but it also looks like he is blinking. I’m not sure if he is just squinting really hard like the sun is maybe in his eyes, or if he is maybe closing them like he’s thinking really hard?!?! I’m really not sure! I definitely couldn’t see his eyeballs though!! MOO

I hope the women remain safe and get the support they need. LE did not say women were returning home and being reunited with husband/dad. This is the strangest case. IMO: the women left when husband/dad traveled out of town, left phones, didn’t use credit cards and released the chickens.

"Hallelujah": Missing mother and daughter found safe

Interesting wording in this article:

"The sheriff's office isn't releasing further information, such as their location or how they were found, but the husband and father of the women told us the authorities received a tip on their whereabouts and responded.

Action 2 News reporter Jason Zimmerman talked with Kelly Rousseau shortly after Rousseau got the news.

"The pastor came up to me and said, 'Kelly, the sheriff's department is here. They want to talk to you, and you want to stay positive in your brain.' And so we came out and found a private area and he said, 'They are alive and safe,' and I just went, ah, hallelujah," Rousseau said.

He was excited but isn't sure when he'll be reunited with his wife and daughter.

"The sheriff's department has a bunch of information they wanted to give me and all this, but I said, 'You know what, they're alive and safe. Hopefully they're coming home tonight. The sheriff's department is in contact with them and they're working on it.""
Anyone else get the feeling that they aren't coming back, or at least, they don't want to?

I hope the women remain safe and get the support they need. LE did not say women were returning home and being reunited with husband/dad. This is the strangest case. IMO: the women left when husband/dad traveled out of town, left phones, didn’t use credit cards and released the chickens.

I completely agree with this post.

Something else that was odd- in one of the articles, LE said that they were receiving tips from all around the country. Which begs the question- have they been traveling out of state?

I wonder if they took cash out before hand so they wouldn't be traced by their ATM cards. Maybe loaded up on food they had in the storage? This seems somewhat planned to me by the women.

They didn't take their phones- if you're going to travel anywhere not local, most women insist on bringing their phones and chargers, for safety reasons. Or even if they break down somewhere, to call for help.

I know some are speculating that perhaps they went to see the son, and that is possible, too.

I just get the vibe that they have no intentions of coming back, or at least not right away. Did he forbid them from keeping in touch with the son, I wonder?

I am not sure why I think this but him telling his daughter's friend her hair felt like his wife's is now taking on a bit of a different connotation to me. He knew the mic was still on if you ask me because after that he helps take it off. He was sending his wife some type of message? I have a couple of thoughts but will not elaborate further, people can make of it what they will... It was somewhat odd before and now it seems like there may have been a reason. If so, it worked or something did as contact was made with LE at least and we know they are safe.

Just speculation and jmo.

I am not sure why I think this but him telling his daughter's friend her hair felt like his wife's is now taking on a bit of a different connotation to me. He knew the mic was still on if you ask me because after that he helps take it off. He was sending his wife some type of message? I have a couple of thoughts but will not elaborate further, people can make of it what they will... It was somewhat odd before and now it seems like there may have been a reason. If so, it worked or something did as contact was made with LE at least and we know they are safe.

I know! That creeped me out!
Moo.

I thought LE found them?

What's strange is that both mother and daughter have their own businesses in the same building, with the storage unit behind it. They have a lot to lose, up and leaving like this- clients that booked appointments with Jill, and customers that maybe ordered items from the daughter to be made or fitted. Also, the daughter had a store attached to her business as well- not sure if she was the sole employee of her business- did she have anyone working for her? Jill, too- did she have employees?

Obviously, the women left secretly- didn't tell any other family members or best friends, church people- no one. This has to be a safety issue to me. If it was anything else, mother and daughter could have just said they were going on another mother- daughter trip and no one would have blinked an eye. In one of the articles, it said they have gone on weekend trips together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back