UNSOLVED CA - Santa Barbara Co, Decomposed body found at beach, Jul'18

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
Human remains in a “significant state of decomposition” were discovered on an Isla Vista beach.

Decomposed body found on Isla Vista beach, officials say

Leg bones discovered on the shoreline at Campus Point on Thursday morning are suspected to be related to the skeletal head and torso found on the beach near Camino Pescadero Park.

More decomposed body parts found on Isla Vista beach

The coroner has ruled out missing 17 year old Montecito resident Jack Cantin, but says it will take time to identify the body due to decomposition.

Not much info here but I think it goes with this thread.

Decomposed human remains discovered along the shore off Isla Vista late last month have yet to be identified, according to the Sheriff’s Office. DNAsamples have been sent to the California Department of Justice, said Lt. Kevin Huddle. “If the DNA exists in the database, we may get a hit.”

Human Remains Remain Unidentified

Not much info here but I think it goes with this thread.

Decomposed human remains discovered along the shore off Isla Vista late last month have yet to be identified, according to the Sheriff’s Office. DNAsamples have been sent to the California Department of Justice, said Lt. Kevin Huddle. “If the DNA exists in the database, we may get a hit.”

Human Remains Remain Unidentified

Thanks for the link. I was just thinking about this yesterday and wondering if there'd been any updates.

So sad. While the family may not have been ready to accept the reality of having John’s DNA, dental records, or any other possible means of identifying him listed on Namus at the time he disappeared, hopefully they are ready to now.

They had so many catastrophes going on in their life at the time of his disappearance. Could it be they were left so angry and disillusioned they just didn’t care?

Many of us know what a family goes through when a husband walks out leaving a wife with children. However, this was a much more serious case as John was up to loose almost everything to the government while his wife had nothing left from their years together.

Does anyone know how this case was closed?

So sad. While the family may not have been ready to accept the reality of having John’s DNA, dental records, or any other possible means of identifying him listed on Namus at the time he disappeared, hopefully they are ready to now.

They had so many catastrophes going on in their life at the time of his disappearance. Could it be they were left so angry and disillusioned they just didn’t care?

Many of us know what a family goes through when a husband walks out leaving a wife with children. However, this was a much more serious case as John was up to loose almost everything to the government while his wife had nothing left from their years together.

Have these unidentified remains been identified? Who are you referring to?

I believe this could be Brian Fernandez, he was my sisters boyfriend. They both flew off a cliff (Ragged Point on December 23,2016) off of PCH and my sisters body was located January 3rd, 2017. Brian was never found and Isla Vista is not that far from where these remains were found. Due to the state of decomposition I believe this could be him. I’ve contacted DOJ coroners office and they are backlogged and no identification has been made as of yet.
Brian Fernandez

I believe this could be Brian Fernandez, he was my sisters boyfriend. They both flew off a cliff (Ragged Point on December 23,2016) off of PCH and my sisters body was located January 3rd, 2017. Brian was never found and Isla Vista is not that far from where these remains were found. Due to the state of decomposition I believe this could be him. I’ve contacted DOJ coroners office and they are backlogged and no identification has been made as of yet.
Brian Fernandez

Just wanted to say I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. You did the right thing to reach out the DOJ and coroner with your information. If you don't get a reply, it is ok to be persistent and a little pushy to make sure that your information gets to the right person to make the connections.

Do you have a link to a profile for John or his last name at least?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back