WA WA - Leah Lund (found), 16, & newborn Hazel, Everett, 10 Sept 2015

My daughter watched that too and asked me if I'd heard about this case and if the "baby" was ever found.
IMHO, I don't believe she was ever pregnant.
On Catfish, her half sister didn't want to talk about the baby. I think she was pregnant.

The whole was is or wasn't she pregnant seems like such an odd discussion. It's fairly easy for a doctor to determine if a woman has given birth recently. So, if she wasn't pregnant and never gave birth why would the police still have been talking about trying to find the baby a month later? Not to mention, why not tell the public so that people would know there wasn't a dead baby out there somewhere. Alternatively, if there was a baby, how was she not charged with anything? Not to mention, how was the press not all over this and hounding the police for an answer?

The whole was is or wasn't she pregnant seems like such an odd discussion. It's fairly easy for a doctor to determine if a woman has given birth recently. So, if she wasn't pregnant and never gave birth why would the police still have been talking about trying to find the baby a month later? Not to mention, why not tell the public so that people would know there wasn't a dead baby out there somewhere. Alternatively, if there was a baby, how was she not charged with anything? Not to mention, how was the press not all over this and hounding the police for an answer?
I don't really have a link or anything, but at the time, people were talking about this case and saying that she had another baby when she was 14. I never saw any pictures of that baby or anyone in the family talking about that baby so, who knows?

I don't really have a link or anything, but at the time, people were talking about this case and saying that she had another baby when she was 14. I never saw any pictures of that baby or anyone in the family talking about that baby so, who knows?

So odd. It would be interesting to know if anyone in her family "had a baby" around the same time. You know, that whole thing where a sister/mom or other family member ends up raising the baby as her own and it's a big family secret? That seems like it would be hard to do nowadays what with there being records for everything. I doubt I could just request a social security card with no record of live birth and showing up at a hospital with a baby to say you've had a baby would drawn suspicion as well if there was no record of you ever having been pregnant, as well as being back to, it's not hard to tell if a woman has recently given birth or not.

I really find the lack of an answer (or criminal charges) baffling.

Leah Miller

She just is going by a different last name now and looks a little different but this is her for sure. She has the same infinity tattoo on her chest.

I think she had an abortion and didn't want to admit to it let alone talk about it. So she alienated herself from her family and last they knew she was still pregnant. Because honestly if something more sinister happened there would've been more press follow ups with authorities pleading for more info and they would have had search crews looking for the baby but after the initial report the authorities went radio silent. Which says they can't talk about it because of her privacy rights and the fact that she was a juvenile at the time.

I believe IF there ever was baby something would've come from it by now. Maybe not murder but at least something like child endangerment or lying to authorities.

Welcome to Websleuths,
Kit.Kat77 !!

Are we leaving this thread open in case there is an actual missing baby? :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back